Author Topic: Migration from EU to UK continues to fall, ONS figures show  (Read 380 times)

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Migration from EU to UK continues to fall, ONS figures show
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2018, 08:41:24 PM »
I remember Carlsberg Spesh and Tennents Super (not sure I spelled those right) being the super strength beers when I was in the UK. Tennents Super tasted a bit like vegemite, I thought, which isn't surprising because (as I found out later) they are both made from the same stuff - the yeasty sludge leftover after making beer.

I remember that they were talking about raising the tax on it. I knew a couple of guys who got drunk on it once and swore off the stuff for life.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2018, 08:47:49 PM »
Tennent's Super is evil.  Karpackie certainly does the job though, but I reckon being out of the EU we'll see less of stuff like that.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2018, 08:49:26 PM »
I remember that Carlsberg Spesh was brewed in Europe but only sold in the UK, because only Poms would drink it.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2018, 08:51:15 PM »
I remember that Carlsberg Spesh was brewed in Europe but only sold in the UK, because only Poms would drink it.

Used to be made up at Wellpark Brewery in Glasgow, now it's brewed in England.  Alkie Scots presumably have other things to drink.

I know what I want - Carlsberg Master Brew.  10.5%... mmm-mmm!

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2018, 09:25:08 PM »
That's about right. for the goon price.

Works out at around 90p a bottle!  Wow, that is cheap!  Works out at about the same price I think all in all.  White cider is rough though.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 09:33:11 PM by Tequila »

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2018, 03:49:58 AM »
I remember scrumpy (cider) being cheaper than coca cola in the supermarkets in the UK.

It's about the same price, but remember that there is a sugar tax with regular Coca-Cola.  Diet Coke is much less than scrumpy.  Coca-Cola is on special offer at the minute.