Author Topic: Idiot  (Read 923 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Idiot
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2018, 12:40:40 AM »
Trump is a buffoon with no filter. He is no better or worse in essence than other politicians, but his buffoonery acts as a very effective smoke screen from the real issues.

I disagree, not about the smoke screen but about him not being any worse than other politicians. He is, because most of the others know how to play the game. He doesn't. Hell, even George W knew how.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2018, 06:33:53 AM »
Yup. He is not playing.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2018, 06:47:18 AM »

Nineteen year olds can not buy a pistol, so lets put them in tanks and give them 120mm cannons.
 :autism:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2018, 05:56:34 PM »
Yup. He is not playing.

You may not understand the finer points here but this is not a good thing.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2018, 06:02:45 PM »
Trump is a buffoon with no filter. He is no better or worse in essence than other politicians, but his buffoonery acts as a very effective smoke screen from the real issues.

I disagree, not about the smoke screen but about him not being any worse than other politicians. He is, because most of the others know how to play the game. He doesn't. Hell, even George W knew how.

A politician with ill intent who knows how to play the game is more dangerous than a politician with ill intent who sits on the toilet at 2am sending crazy tweets. Knowing how the game is played would only make Trump more dangerous. IMO.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2018, 06:04:42 PM »

A politician with ill intent who knows how to play the game is more dangerous than a politician with ill intent who sits on the toilet at 2am sending crazy tweets. Knowing how the game is played would only make Trump more dangerous. IMO.

Which would make him less dangerous, because he is in fact utterly clueless?

- Albert Einstein

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2018, 09:24:41 PM »

It's hard to tell. History is full of dangerous yet seemingly ridiculous dictators.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2018, 10:28:26 AM »
He's a buffoon with the self control of a 5 yr old IMO.

Running around with not only the keys to armory, but a whole military force at his disposal, the nuke codes, and an army of crazy Evangelicals thumping their bibles in unison marching behind him.

You would think with all that praying and laying on hands they do one of them would at least recite an exorcism rite just to be safe.  :laugh:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2018, 01:50:41 PM »

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2018, 04:41:16 PM »

Probably a committee to pre-vet his Tweets would have been smart.
 :lol1:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2018, 05:37:27 PM »

On some levels Trump is less dangerous because he doesn't know how the game is played, he makes a lot of noise though. On another level if he is allowed to call the shots in the event of a major international crisis, we could all be in a lot of trouble.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2018, 05:38:51 PM »

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2018, 06:52:24 PM »
Yes. Great narrative you all share. How has he handled ISIS? North Korea? Syria? Yup keep up with spouting of propaganda and pretend that it was both iriginal and rational thought
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2018, 07:47:46 PM »

On some levels Trump is less dangerous because he doesn't know how the game is played, he makes a lot of noise though. On another level if he is allowed to call the shots in the event of a major international crisis, we could all be in a lot of trouble.

You need to understand the pathology of a chronic shit stirrer. Notice in historical context he has thrown stones into a still economy and bought between the ripples to his own gain. He is doing the same thing as our President. Unsustainable, but just look at our "averages" climbing against past years.

Not always in agreement, but lowering our taxes is a big thing! I am considered upper middle class in yearly income and my taxes should go down by about six thousand dollars with next year's tax return.
That and no longer penalizing people who have yet to figure out their own family's health care third party pay program is huge as well.