Author Topic: No Spanking Laws  (Read 10705 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Re: No Spanking Laws
« Reply #105 on: January 23, 2007, 05:35:29 AM »
I plan to manipulate the shit out of my kids(provided I have kids).  Plan to train them to believe that they really want things I can give, and if they want to keep getting it, they better do what I say.

I know that sounds evil, but I don't plan to order my kids to do much.  Just enough to build good habits.  Study habits, working habits, eating habits, excersize habits, hygiene habits.  Besides making sure they learn to internally want to do those things, I plan to give them more or less free reign.

You know, authoritative.

You could get them hooked on nicotine gum, and then withhold it if they don't do what you want.  :angel:
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Litigious

« Reply #106 on: January 23, 2007, 05:37:02 AM »
I plan to manipulate the shit out of my kids(provided I have kids).  Plan to train them to believe that they really want things I can give, and if they want to keep getting it, they better do what I say.

I know that sounds evil, but I don't plan to order my kids to do much.  Just enough to build good habits.  Study habits, working habits, eating habits, excersize habits, hygiene habits.  Besides making sure they learn to internally want to do those things, I plan to give them more or less free reign.

You know, authoritative.

You could get them hooked on nicotine gum, and then withhold it if they don't do what you want.  :angel:

Or put them on heroin. Than they'll kiss your arse every time you begg'em.  :angel:

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #107 on: January 23, 2007, 05:38:51 AM »
I think kids are incredibly easy to understand.  But I think that wont stop me from being frustrated in a time sensative situation when I want one thing to happen, and right then they just wont have it.

So if you think kids are easy to understand how do you really know what's coming?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #108 on: January 23, 2007, 05:41:02 AM »
Get back to us about this when you have a kid, Nomaken. ;D
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #109 on: January 23, 2007, 05:42:17 AM »

You know, authoritative.

Or put them on heroin. Than they'll kiss your arse every time you begg'em.  :angel:

Yeah, but nicotine gum's easier to get hold of, safer, and if the child abuse people come calling, you can say that you caught them smoking with their friends, and that you're helping them to quit.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #110 on: January 23, 2007, 06:01:41 AM »
Will do.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #111 on: April 29, 2013, 04:46:10 PM »
Saw a guest reading this thread.  I am disappointed it is not about the kind of 'spanking' i thought it was.

Interesting read, though.
blah blah blah

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #112 on: April 29, 2013, 04:49:12 PM »
I don't spank my children.
 I cannot understand why I want to motivate them through pain.
Creative solutions solve problems.  Each kid is motivated differently.

I just don't think that the government needs to legislate common sense.

My wife, on the other hand, receives several open handed whacks on the ass a day.  Se always spanks me after sex while I howl like a wolf.
Misunderstood.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #113 on: April 29, 2013, 04:51:34 PM »
"spare the rod, spoil the child."

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #114 on: April 29, 2013, 04:57:42 PM »
king James version?

You still have to punish your children.  Motivating them by fear of pain is a last resort, IMHO.
Misunderstood.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #115 on: April 29, 2013, 05:00:00 PM »
king James version?

You still have to punish your children.  Motivating them by fear of pain is a last resort, IMHO.
a spanking when deserved, can serve as a deterrent.

constant beatings accomplish nothing, tho.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #116 on: April 29, 2013, 05:01:17 PM »
The problem is the PC idiots suggesting a smack on the bottom is child abuse.
I rarely smacked my boy or my girl. By the time they were about 5 they were old enough to be reasoned with and understand consequences beyond bad = sore bottom.
So where do the PC crowd draw the line? Yanking a kid out of harm's way? Withholding stuff from them and emotionally scarring them? Yelling at them and hurting feelings?
Its bullshit.
Beating a child with a kettle cord or belt is not smacking a child's bottom. One is not the other and ought not be treated as such.
People are morons
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #117 on: April 29, 2013, 06:33:42 PM »
king James version?

The Catholic version is: "Spoil the child with the rod"

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #118 on: April 30, 2013, 12:48:08 AM »
From the childs POV  they will learn that you can hit people who are smaller than you!
blah blah blah

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #119 on: April 30, 2013, 04:06:44 AM »
From the childs POV  they will learn that you can hit people who are smaller than you!

I don't think so
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap