Author Topic: Happy Birthday Peter Mac...  (Read 610 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Re: Happy Birthday Peter Mac...
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2007, 10:52:56 AM »
It's been a pretty good birthday so far.  I've gotten a Pentax Optio S50, some vanilla fudge, a 2GB flash pen, a pack of 4 3000mAH AA batteries, 4 1250mAH AAA's, and a 50ml bottle of Fahrenheit aftershave by Christian Dior, plus some money.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Graelwyn

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2007, 10:58:01 AM »
Sounds great, especially the camera, look forward to seeing some shots from it.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2007, 11:13:17 AM »
Sounds great, especially the camera, look forward to seeing some shots from it.

I'm not sure it's really that great a catch; the reviews on it are pretty poor, and it's getting out of date, with a current price tag of about £90, versus £180 or so at launch.  It's reviewed as being particularly poor for outdoor scenic use, and that's a pretty big blow for me, given the types of photographs I tend to take.  It was something my gran sent; she probably bought it for herself and never bothered to use it.

While the Optio S50 tempts beginners with its under-$300 price tag, 5-megapixel resolution, ease of fully-automatic operation, extremely durable compact design and built-in help screens, its image quality is second rate, especially outdoor scenics at full wide angle. Its lack of a focus-assist lamp and the resulting poor AF performance indoors will also disappoint beginners. If you're in the market for an easy to use compact 5-megapixel digicam, I recommend that you spend a few more dollars and consider the SONY Cyber-shot DSC-P93 or the Canon PowerShot A95 instead.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Scrapheap

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2007, 04:12:20 PM »
GOD!!! I'm fashonably late comming to the party, Happy B-Day Peter!! :birthday: :cake: :cake: :cake: :party: :crown: :fart: