Author Topic: Student with AS Fatally Stabs Another Student  (Read 8525 times)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Student with AS Fatally Stabs Another Student
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 09:39:16 AM »
AS: 1  NT:0

That might be in such poor taste it doesnt even matter that I meant it in good humor, but oh well.  ;D
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Scrapheap

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 11:25:28 AM »
AS: 1  NT:0

That might be in such poor taste it doesnt even matter that I meant it in good humor, but oh well.  ;D

In reality it's more like AS:1   NT:1,000 god knows how many of us have been vitimized.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 11:35:01 AM »
I am counting kills, not annoyances.  And the count is probably higher, but I didn't feel like expanding it beyond that one story.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 12:16:58 PM »
I don't find this especially funny, but wonder is AS will become stigmatized as a "violent" disorder.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 12:20:36 PM »
Hopefully enough NT's will shoot up their schools to keep the body count even.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 12:24:09 PM »
I'm sure it will happen.  High schools are now fucking war zones instead of just sucky places to be.

BTW, Nomaken, have you ever played the columbine video game with sprites?  It was voted 2nd worst game of all time (ot it was in the top ten anyway and it lost to ET) for its sheer tastelessness.  I have no desire whatesoever to play it but it strikes me as something you'd be twisted enough to find intriuging.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2007, 12:24:45 PM »
I heard this story right after it happened, but I did not know about the AS.

I wonder where the long knife came from, because if John Odgren brought it to school with him, that is going to support the prosecution's theory of premeditation.  Some people who have AS are violent, but it seems that the ones who make the news are more often violent, maybe because their defense attorneys are more likely to bring it up as a mitigating factor after they have commited a crime.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2007, 12:25:12 PM »
Here's  a study that investigates AS and murder:

Sources of data for all three cases were legal records, hospital records, interviews of defendants, interviews of family members, and consultations. The first case involved a 22-year-old Hispanic male who was charged with the capital offense of murder of an 8-year-old boy. The defendant had a prior diagnosis of pervasive developmental disorder beginning at the age of 5 years. His family was in the military, and they moved often. Each time the defendant attended a new school, his teachers became aware of his impaired functioning and sent him for evaluation. His parents did not follow up with any treatments, although they were recommended. He was in special education classes in school and was often taunted by peers. Diagnosis was based on numerous medical records, an interview of the defendant, an interview of the defendant’s family, neuropsychological testing, consultation with a psychologist specializing in the treatment of Asperger’s disorder, and a neurologist experienced in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with autism. The defendant had average intelligence. He had stereotyped interests, including Game Boy games, weapons, and Legos. At the time of the crime, he was homeless. Three months prior to the incident, he was hospitalized with a Tylenol overdose. His parents did not allow him to return home. Unbeknownst to them, he slept in their backyard in a tool shed. He was employed at a local sandwich shop before the incident and he worked on the day of the incident. After work, he walked to a nearby grocery store and purchased two beers. He drank them while walking. As he neared an area where he planned to stay for the evening, he was approached by an 8-year-old on a bicycle who asked him about Game Boy games. He stated that he asked the boy to leave him alone and that the boy ran over his foot with his bicycle. He remembered pulling out his gun (which he always kept on his person for protection) and shooting the boy.

The second case involved a 35-year-old Pakistani male who was charged with murdering a neighbor who entered his apartment while the defendant was on the telephone with a friend, who overheard the ensuing argument. The defendant attempted to reason with the neighbor, who was alleging the defendant owed him money for a grill. The victim struck the defendant about the face, hitting his glasses. The defendant retreated to his bedroom where he kept guns. The victim followed. The defendant shot the victim repeatedly, emptying a .38-caliber revolver. He then got another gun from his bedroom and fired another shot into the victim’s head. The defendant had no prior diagnosis of any pervasive developmental disorders. When he was a child, his parents had taken him to neurologists and psychiatrists, who failed to render a diagnosis. Yet his parents maintained that something was wrong with him. Diagnosis was based on interviews with the defendant, his family, neuropsychological testing and a consultation from a Neurologist experienced with the diagnosis of autism. The defendant was a "savant" in mathematics. He had numerous stereotyped, repetitive interests, including collecting items in multiples of two such as: health club memberships, bicycles, refrigerators, textbooks for his classes, guns, and jobs. He spent numerous hours studying World War II and knew many esoteric facts about Adolf Hitler. He was often taunted by others and had very few friends.

The third case involved a 20-year-old Spanish-American who was charged with murdering his girlfriend’s father. The victim had phoned the defendant and asked him to pick up personal belongings left at the victim’s beach house. The defendant stated that he had forgotten a belt and that the victim walked to his car to return the belt. The defendant pulled a shotgun out of the trunk as the victim approached and shot him. The defendant had not had a previous diagnosis of an autistic spectrum disorder, although he had undergone numerous psychiatric treatments and was given a diagnosis of and treated for Schizoaffective Disorder by a psychiatrist at the time of the offense. The diagnosis was based on an interview of the defendant and his parents and consultation with a psychiatrist specializing in the research, diagnosis, and treatment of autism. Neither neuropsychological testing nor neurological examination confirmed the diagnosis.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2007, 12:26:56 PM »
Last week I noticed that on coverage of the trial of a man with AS who killed a young girl they were describing him as mentally ill - I've not been able to find out if it was the AS they were calling a mental illness or if he had another condition that they just didn't mention in that report.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2007, 12:27:20 PM »
Thanks but if I feel like senselessly killing people, I play GTA.  Seriously, that game is theraputic at times.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2007, 12:30:29 PM »
Last week I noticed that on coverage of the trial of a man with AS who killed a young girl they were describing him as mentally ill - I've not been able to find out if it was the AS they were calling a mental illness or if he had another condition that they just didn't mention in that report.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/leicestershire/3958699.stm
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

duncvis

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2007, 12:32:36 PM »
"Another group of monster teenagers shot up their school today. what makes them do it?
video games? Mmmmarilyn Manson?
Oh it can't be the parents. Or the fact that school sucks.
Or that the jocks DO get patted on the head every time they beat up the weirdos.
Or that the jobs you get when you graduate from school are stupid, dumb, boring and a dead end to INSANITY!!!"

IMO they should have public service announcement type films in the first year of high school targeted at bullies and other fuckups - 'COLUMBINE: it could happen to you'  :evillaugh:

Misanthropic? Me?  :angel:

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2007, 12:34:13 PM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/leicestershire/3958699.stm

Thanks Peter I did a search on the BBC site but I only got the three from last year.

Litigious

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2007, 12:40:23 PM »
IMO they should have public service announcement type films in the first year of high school targeted at bullies and other fuckups - 'COLUMBINE: it could happen to you'  :evillaugh:

Misanthropic? Me?  :angel:

If we didn't had had these cowardly gun laws here, I'd probably made my own Columbine in my upper teens, even before there ever was a Columbine in the US.  :evillaugh: