Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 13692 times)

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #465 on: July 29, 2021, 11:35:52 AM »
R.I.P.  Dusty Hill

ZZ TOP, a legendary band for it's music style, longevity with the same three men and love for their craft.  R.I.P!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #466 on: July 30, 2021, 03:34:55 PM »
I loved those guys. Their music wasn't always the best but their passion more than made up for it.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #467 on: July 30, 2021, 03:48:55 PM »
I loved those guys. Their music wasn't always the best but their passion more than made up for it.

Texas boogie rock and roll style.  And their ethics, they were not going to sell out.  They were offered a million dollars to shave their signature beards.   NO WAY!   :2thumbsup:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #468 on: July 30, 2021, 08:43:42 PM »
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #469 on: July 31, 2021, 07:21:51 PM »

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #470 on: July 31, 2021, 09:31:29 PM »
One more tribute to ZZ TOP, one of their funkier tunes......enjoy!

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #471 on: August 01, 2021, 12:55:37 PM »
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #472 on: August 03, 2021, 02:44:18 PM »
I've heard from metalheads that these guys are too... mass-media? Not niche enough or something. But sometimes uncomplicated is good.

Like forever ago, stopping over in England to meet Walkie in between Scotland and WolFish's ex's house where he was trapped in the attempt to recuperate.

:headbang2:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #473 on: August 04, 2021, 01:25:25 AM »
This latest Dusty Hill thing has gotten me pulling out old crusty Texas bands again, most of which we competed or kicked in Battle Of The Bands events, popular in the 70s. I can't stop listening to this shit.

Never beat ZZ Top though. Those guys show up to a BoB event, you might as well pack up if you're there for the gate. They always took all the money.

I always accused him of taking a made up stage name, but he insisted that his friends who called him Dusty,  ORIGINALLY,  had a sense of humor, but he wore out their humor after a while.
He told Les Paul, when they met (Hall of Fame broadcast of some sort) that he's been meaning to shave, but keeps forgetting.
 :2thumbsup:

I loved the guy!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 01:29:15 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #474 on: August 04, 2021, 01:41:32 AM »
This latest Dusty Hill thing has gotten me pulling out old crusty Texas bands again, most of which we competed or kicked in Battle Of The Bands events, popular in the 70s. I can't stop listening to this shit.

Never beat ZZ Top though. Those guys show up to a BoB event, you might as well pack up if you're there for the gate. They always took all the money.

I always accused him of taking a made up stage name, but he insisted that his friends who called him Dusty,  ORIGINALLY,  had a sense of humor, but he wore out their humor after a while.
He told Les Paul, when they met (Hall of Fame broadcast of some sort) that he's been meaning to shave, but keeps forgetting.
 :2thumbsup:

I loved the guy!

I can only think of two Texas bands.  ZZ Top and The Gods of All Texas.  And if you've never heard The Gods of All Texas I suggest you keep it that way.  It's a bell that can never be unrung.
Ever got that feeling that you're trying to teach a dog a card trick?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #475 on: August 04, 2021, 02:08:06 AM »

I grew up in south Texas and got my start in the music business in the 70s working with many great bands, not all of which were rock oriented. Many Latin sounds, too, but I can name over a hundred, I would bet. Some of which you might have heard of, possibly.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #476 on: August 04, 2021, 12:01:36 PM »
Listening to the conference host introducing a talk.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #477 on: August 10, 2021, 01:21:16 PM »
Donna Williams - All Be Happy

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #478 on: August 13, 2021, 12:54:48 AM »

Kind of on an REM kick today. Lots of REM.
 :dunno:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #479 on: August 14, 2021, 08:42:57 AM »
Beatles

That's right, no period.