Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 14754 times)

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #135 on: March 25, 2020, 09:37:45 AM »
Listened to "Let It Be" album last night. Right now, "Hey Jude."

I have an ancient 45rpm version of "Let It Be" which includes the song "You Know My Name, Look Up The Number" as side B and I have not yet purchased the "Rarities" set.
I want to hear this song, but I do not want to subject my six hundred dollar newly replaced stylus to an old 45 record, just yet.
All I have to hear it is Spotify. It helps, but not enough.

Handle that 45 with care.

I do and I actually have five copies of that record from the sixties. I had realized that the mix or something was different and I wanted to "collect" things that seemed different to me, even as a teen. I have not played any of them since around 1973. That is when I first moved out of my parents house and I "lost" my turntable adapter for 45s during that move.

I only have about three hundred 45s, but I do not think I have bought any during my adult life other than specialized LPs which have been remastered and re-released on heavy vinyl for audiophile interests. The seven inch 45s are all from the sixties and hardly ever played, except for a few, like "Satisfaction," " Magic Carpet Ride," "Born To Be Wild," "Get Back," "Purple Haze" and on and on. The original 45 release of "Revolution" as you know is quite different from the album version as well. I have four of those, but one is a bit worn.

Thanks for the heads up, but I tend to handle all my vinyl with extreme care. Learned that early on.
 :thumbup:

I had that 45 and so many more...miss my collection now that I'm older.

Had just about every one of the Beatles albums on 33 one of the pasted over butcher covers also....along with the Stones 3D covered Satanic Majesties Request and just tons of records, my dad and I collected them together. Hendrix, Big Bopper, Bo Diddly, Beatles, Stones, down to AC/DC and Pat Benatar.  :laugh:

When I got married I left them at home...after repeatedly watching SO using a couple favorites I took with me as coasters I never brought anymore into the house. My mother's washer overflowed and I lost about 10 random albums in the bottom of one box after it flooded the adjacent storage closet, so I gave her the number of a collector and let her make the sale...because I couldn't.

It bought the washer and dryer I needed and then some even back then, but damn. I used to spend hours just reading the covers. 

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #136 on: March 25, 2020, 09:53:15 AM »
Listened to "Let It Be" album last night. Right now, "Hey Jude."

I have an ancient 45rpm version of "Let It Be" which includes the song "You Know My Name, Look Up The Number" as side B and I have not yet purchased the "Rarities" set.
I want to hear this song, but I do not want to subject my six hundred dollar newly replaced stylus to an old 45 record, just yet.
All I have to hear it is Spotify. It helps, but not enough.

Handle that 45 with care.

I do and I actually have five copies of that record from the sixties. I had realized that the mix or something was different and I wanted to "collect" things that seemed different to me, even as a teen. I have not played any of them since around 1973. That is when I first moved out of my parents house and I "lost" my turntable adapter for 45s during that move.

I only have about three hundred 45s, but I do not think I have bought any during my adult life other than specialized LPs which have been remastered and re-released on heavy vinyl for audiophile interests. The seven inch 45s are all from the sixties and hardly ever played, except for a few, like "Satisfaction," " Magic Carpet Ride," "Born To Be Wild," "Get Back," "Purple Haze" and on and on. The original 45 release of "Revolution" as you know is quite different from the album version as well. I have four of those, but one is a bit worn.

Thanks for the heads up, but I tend to handle all my vinyl with extreme care. Learned that early on.
 :thumbup:

I had that 45 and so many more...miss my collection now that I'm older.

Had just about every one of the Beatles albums on 33 one of the pasted over butcher covers also....along with the Stones 3D covered Satanic Majesties Request and just tons of records, my dad and I collected them together. Hendrix, Big Bopper, Bo Diddly, Beatles, Stones, down to AC/DC and Pat Benatar.  :laugh:

When I got married I left them at home...after repeatedly watching SO using a couple favorites I took with me as coasters I never brought anymore into the house. My mother's washer overflowed and I lost about 10 random albums in the bottom of one box after it flooded the adjacent storage closet, so I gave her the number of a collector and let her make the sale...because I couldn't.

It bought the washer and dryer I needed and then some even back then, but damn. I used to spend hours just reading the covers.

Oddly, even though I have fully adapted to CDs and all digital forms of entertainment, I have never stopped listening to my albums or reading the covers.

I am lucky to have a tolerant wife who has allowed me to press my own space into her life's needs, graciously permitting me to keep my music going.

Let's make sure records never die.
:)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 10:05:45 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
« Reply #137 on: March 25, 2020, 11:19:04 AM »
Pixies - Bossanova  :Rock:

Still shaking the house dawg?
arsebiscuits!

Retired despot, landlord and shitstirrer :deadhorse:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #138 on: March 25, 2020, 12:02:21 PM »
Pixies - Bossanova  :Rock:

Still shaking the house dawg?

As often as possible. Fewer instances available if I am to "co-habitate" with two other souls, though. Temporary.

My daughter has moved out and lives with three other college kids across town.
Being laid off (I know that is also improper English, but contemporary usage) from work might create a change in the situation and a return home for her even before we might have expected.
 :dunno:

Just streaming some hard rock classics for now. Nothing new.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
« Reply #139 on: March 25, 2020, 04:26:51 PM »
I know I'd feel happier with my daughter under our roof at the moment, so that would be an upside. I guess it depends how she'll manage for money whether yours moves back in. Mine won't be - she lives with her boyfriend where she's in her last year at uni, so they're a settled household now.
We use laid off in the same sense on this side of the puddle anyway.

Hopefully normal service will be resumed sooner rather than later so you get more chance to crank it up.  :headbang2:

VNV Nation - Praise The Fallen   :dance:
arsebiscuits!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #140 on: March 31, 2020, 09:49:28 AM »
  New-ish Rolling Stones, had this in my head recently.  8)

"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #141 on: April 01, 2020, 12:42:23 AM »
Some George Harrison, lately.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
« Reply #142 on: April 01, 2020, 06:54:08 PM »
The Clash - London Calling  :Rock:
arsebiscuits!

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
« Reply #143 on: April 11, 2020, 10:44:59 AM »
Slipknot - All Hope Is Gone  :headbang:
arsebiscuits!

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
« Reply #144 on: April 11, 2020, 12:43:42 PM »
arsebiscuits!

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #145 on: April 11, 2020, 02:40:09 PM »
Frontin - Pharrell Williams ft Jay Z
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #146 on: April 11, 2020, 06:50:58 PM »
Purple Rain - Prince

“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
« Reply #147 on: April 12, 2020, 11:30:48 AM »
arsebiscuits!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #148 on: April 22, 2020, 12:45:43 PM »
Pink Floyd - The Great Gig in the Sky
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #149 on: April 22, 2020, 07:23:44 PM »
Watching/listening to the Prince tribute concert. Sheila E looks amazing.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad