Educational

Author Topic: Music you LOVE to HATE!  (Read 2880 times)

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
Re: Music you LOVE to HATE!
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2018, 02:09:34 PM »
Good to see you back, Cassanova Frankenstein!
Bedankt, mijn Nederlandse vriend. I am only here long enough to ask for account deletion and come back to answer Pyro's question. Pyraxis has my permission to post the reason verbatim in Elder forum if she wants. Done with forums, Facebook etc., You're cool Hykie girl. Au revoir. Bye to the rest of you who know me, have good lives.

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller??

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2018, 12:20:41 AM »
Similar to Guns and Roses...pure vom personified - Nickelback...anything Nickelback.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2018, 01:00:01 AM »
That's my favourite Nickelback song.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2018, 01:17:56 AM »
That's my favourite Nickelback song.

The word 'favourite' and the band 'Nickelback' should never be used in the same breath or sentence. Ever.

I seriously should take you straight to the MAIN EVENT callouts for that.

Disgraceful Ren. Disgraceful!

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2018, 01:55:04 AM »
I don't know why I wrote "favourite". It's the only song of theirs that I like.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2018, 08:39:43 PM »
This from the classic movie list.  It was very over played because it was from a moderately popular movie featuring Dudley Moore and the one of the worst actresses ever, Bo Derek.  Cute face, nice boobs, but, the acting talent of a rock.  Anywho, apparently in this movie she was the object of obsession by Mr. Moore and when he finally achieved his goal of bedding her...she could only get her juices flowing while doing it to this piece of classical crap.  And whenever it comes up on my car siriusXM channel...I hit the off button asap.  Bo Derek has done playboy and I'm sure Scrap could find her pics of nudeness somewhere. 

So for your listening agony....Ravel's "Bolero".

"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2018, 10:43:55 PM »
Rock, can you give me some examples of classical music that you do like?

I don't find Ravel's Bolero objectionable. I wouldn't say it's something I'd deliberately go out of my way to listen to though.

The movie was a bit stupid. I haven't seen it for 30+ years but it was about a very small man who was dissatisfied with life, rates women out of 10 and is convinced there is no such thing as a perfect 10. Then he becomes obsessed with shagging Bo Derek. When his shrink asks him to rate Bo Derek out of 10 he says "11", on the basis that there are no 10s but there are 9s and there are 11s. That's about how deep it was.

In the end he figures out that shagging Bo Derek wasn't all it was cracked up to be and he goes home and shags Sister Maria (Julie Andrews) instead.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2018, 05:36:18 AM »
Now...where was I?

Anyone remember this little gem?

I remember screaming as a kid "turn it off, turn it off" from the backseat on car rides every time it came on.

The captain and toenail......they were divorced not long after.  And she became a vegas jazz singer.   I feel your pain.
OMG, Muskrat.
Captain and Toenail… lmao.
Who remembers this one?

The 80's were scary.
Far out. Can you imagine that guy hanging around your 16 year old daughter….fark.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2018, 06:02:32 AM »
Rock, can you give me some examples of classical music that you do like?

I don't find Ravel's Bolero objectionable. I wouldn't say it's something I'd deliberately go out of my way to listen to though.

The movie was a bit stupid. I haven't seen it for 30+ years but it was about a very small man who was dissatisfied with life, rates women out of 10 and is convinced there is no such thing as a perfect 10. Then he becomes obsessed with shagging Bo Derek. When his shrink asks him to rate Bo Derek out of 10 he says "11", on the basis that there are no 10s but there are 9s and there are 11s. That's about how deep it was.

In the end he figures out that shagging Bo Derek wasn't all it was cracked up to be and he goes home and shags Sister Maria (Julie Andrews) instead.

I listen to classical music most of the time on my satellite radio.  And I like most of them.  Ravel is not one of the composers I care for. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2018, 09:27:07 AM »
And now this little gem, a "rotten" remake of the B.J. Thomas hit.  Blue Swede had a mild hit with it in the day.  It's just one of those tunes that I ask myself......:WHY?"   Oh well, the Oooga oooga chaga, does always make me do a snort of laughter.   :laugh:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2018, 02:16:51 PM »
and another "gem".  I caused a minor stir on FB among some pseudo friends with a meme I posted last 4th of July.  It had a woman dressed like June Cleaver dancing around her kitchen, saying, "This is the first 4th of July that I have not heard that bland, venal, etc, etc, piece of shit by Lee Greenwood that Republicans like to play whenever they try to look patriotic."   And this was played at trumpolini's inauguration....which I will NOT post the video....your welcome.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2018, 02:24:52 PM »
And now this little gem, a "rotten" remake of the B.J. Thomas hit.  Blue Swede had a mild hit with it in the day.  It's just one of those tunes that I ask myself......:WHY?"   Oh well, the Oooga oooga chaga, does always make me do a snort of laughter.   :laugh:

It sounds like they're trying to be a cheap knockoff of Steely Dan.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2018, 02:43:46 PM »

It sounds like they're trying to be a cheap knockoff of Steely Dan.

Very, very very cheap!  If that.....

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2018, 06:58:10 PM »
I have heard this from the young men that I work with.....and all I can ask is WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY....

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2018, 09:36:20 AM »
This is perhaps the best piece of Rock critic analysis you will ever hear.

he-he-he he-he-he he-he-he