Educational

Author Topic: Sandwich thread  (Read 1024 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: Sandwich thread
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2018, 04:31:06 PM »
I want to know which other politicians IceQueen wants to make sandwiches for or whether it is only these Republicans?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2018, 09:30:04 AM »

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2018, 03:41:46 AM »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2018, 07:04:23 AM »
 :yawn:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2018, 12:00:32 PM »
I think I'd have myself a sub, meatballs and triple extra portions on top of all the cheese options, and then black olives, more black olives and extra black olives until I can't beg anymore free olives from whoever is serving or it'd get them into trouble. On the cheese topped bread, toasted. My perpetual order whenever I go to subway.

Just having some oven-cooked battered cod fillets now though. Although making me think of a sub...bugger, star trek is on, and andromeda will be on after.  And its only TOS thats been on, TNG is about to come on, so I'm going to throw 4 battered fish fillets, no, make that 6 on the cooker and have me a fish supper.

Also-how do you stop donald trump from drowning?

Take your feet off the toilet seat......
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2018, 03:35:43 PM »
Black olives rule.  :thumbup:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2018, 03:53:29 PM »
Partial to cheese sandwiches today.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2018, 04:40:23 PM »
I'm a total sucker for olives IQ, green or black. I'd be quite delighted if they did green olives sliced  that could be added either instead or along with black olives, would mean I could have both, and thus end up with twice the quantity of olives I'd otherwise be able to worm out of the serving girl on the till. Usually I manage to persuade them to throw in quite a few extra handfuls.

And if I've gone to a shop and picked up one jar, chances are I've left with about ten more of each green and black whole pitted pickled olives. LUUUURVE scarfing pickled olives down by the whole bag full of jars until I've almost got black and green rings dropping out of my nose and am likely to be found with my tongue hanging out, a tourniquet on my arm, and a syringe in it, carved out of large sections of olive pieces just below, still in there, part snoring and part slowly drooling over the floor and muttering things about sub sandwiches in a muffled groan-snore in my olive-coma.

I'm terrible for it, once I start at the olives, I don't stop until they are all gone.

And not that I drink much, but when I've had a fair few mugs of dark rum, I swear, there is NO greater snack in the world, than a big bowl of mixed black and green pickled olives, drained of the liquid stuff, theres something about all that saltiness that is refreshing and moreish as fuck.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2018, 04:41:30 PM »
Black olives for the win.  Santa brings me a can every Christmas.  I buy them for myself the rest of the year.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2018, 04:43:44 PM »
Damn it, I'm hungry now.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2018, 05:13:28 PM »
Yeah, same, just snack peckish, I could murder a few jars of pickled olives right now, but the fucking stores are closed. Although thankfully I have got LOTS of different bags of candy and a couple of bottles of fruit punch.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2018, 05:35:59 PM »
We used to drive 2 hours to buy black olives marinated in the best extra virgin olive oil, chilli, and garlic. Absolute taste bombs. Not sure if the petrol or the overpriced olives were the most expensive component of that exercise.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2018, 07:47:33 PM »
We used to drive 2 hours to buy black olives marinated in the best extra virgin olive oil, chilli, and garlic. Absolute taste bombs. Not sure if the petrol or the overpriced olives were the most expensive component of that exercise.

I have quite plebian taste in black olives.  Just out of the can.  Don't even need to be refrigerated.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2018, 08:40:00 PM »
Little Italian store less than 200 ft down the road...bins of marinated and stuffed olives, marinated baby corn, antipasto, peppers, hoagies with marinated peppers, ginger candy, etc.. 

My dad grew up with the brother's that owned it (their kids mostly run it now). Not really a lot of cool stuff around here, but that makes up for it most days. I've talked to people that will travel from out of state every year to go there.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2018, 12:04:21 PM »
One recipe that's making the rounds of the internet is for pickled brussels sprouts. 

Pickled okra is a good Southern thing.