Educational

Author Topic: ask me about...  (Read 1860 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: ask me about...
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2018, 10:34:18 PM »
Right, because a testosterone-driven, manly vehicle is just what I need.  :laugh:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Online renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2018, 10:47:16 PM »
I'm interested in the 2 cats, mdagli. How old are they and what are their names?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2018, 04:25:11 PM »
I actually charge it from a public post at 9p per kilowatt. I get billed about £10 a month for 400 miles. So about 2.5p per mile, which is about 250 watts per mile. It only has 70 mile range due to being small (smart) but plan to one day upgrade the main drive battery as and when newer technology becomes available. Just bare in mind refurbishment is £8,000 and brand new is £15,000. I purchased it without a battery lease and the whole vehicle cost £11,000 second hand.
Public charging stations. This is how out of touch I am. Apparently my city is littered with them and I've never even heard of such a thing. £10 for 400 miles is a good deal. 70 miles doesn't sound too bad. Tend to average about 15-20 miles per day. How long does your car take to charge up?

Offline mdagli1

• Constant Poster
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2018, 07:39:33 PM »

Using the single phase 7kW on board charger, about an hour per 20 miles of range.

Our 2 cats are just ordinary tabbies. Sammy (fatty) and timmy are brothers.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2018, 07:43:15 PM »
I am prevented from getting an electric car or motor scooter (too old for a motorcycle) by having to evacuate about 425 miles (my sister's house slightly northwest of Houston) with The PR in case of a hurricane.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2018, 03:56:34 PM »

Using the single phase 7kW on board charger, about an hour per 20 miles of range.

Our 2 cats are just ordinary tabbies. Sammy (fatty) and timmy are brothers.
Over three hours for a full charge seems like a long wait; that's assuming it's rude to do anything other than charge up and then move out of the way so others can use it. Do like the smart cars though, because they're tiny and cute. Drive a mini and people seem to assume it get great mileage because it's tiny, but it's an older model with a supercharged engine, so am lucky to get 22 miles per gallon in the city. Still a lot better than my old jeep.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2018, 07:14:14 PM »
I get 50+ miles per gallon out of my 3 cylinder car. That's imperial mpg though, we've got bigger gallons.

That's my real world driving too, not the claim of the manufacturer.

An electric car would be ideal for me now because I mostly just drive to the train station and back home again.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2018, 11:30:40 PM »
50+ mpg is pretty good. Doesn't sound like much fun, though. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2018, 03:02:04 AM »
50+ mpg is pretty good. Doesn't sound like much fun, though. :P

When I was doing a longer commute it would vary between 5.5 and 5.7 litres per 100 km.

Depends on your definition of fun. It's fun for me, it's a 5-speed manual and gets along quite nicely but you've got to work the gears. I'm obviously not winning too many drag races against hot hatches or sports cars.

I remember when I was 19 and my boss had a mini. We were driving somewhere and he got a flat tyre. He got really upset because he didn't have a jack, I told him "no worries, I'll lift while you change the tyre". It was a bit heavier than I expected... but I managed to get the wheel off the ground and we changed the tyre. He still tells people that story.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2018, 11:06:28 PM »
:laugh:

OK, that's sort of fun.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2018, 01:28:02 AM »
When I was still in high school, so maybe 16 or 17 years old, my father had a little Suzuki hatch that was probably similar weight to a Mini. One day he accused me and my friends of moving the back end of it. I was really pissed off because (1) I didn't do it and my nerd friends certainly didn't do it; and (2) he assumed that I needed help to lift his stupid car. So I started wheeling his stupid car around, by myself, just about every day purely to piss him off. It was a lot easier to lift than a Mini because I could grip the bumper bar, press my back against the hatch, and do the whole lift with my legs from about a half-squat position. Whereas with the Mini I had to mainly use my back/arms/shoulders to lift it.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 01:29:54 AM by Minister of silly walks »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2018, 04:21:42 PM »
:rofl:

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2018, 04:31:44 PM »
The mini had runflats on it when purchased. When one went bad, just bought a new full set of tires but passed on the expense of new runflats. Worry a bit now about having a flat, because the car sits so low it seems it would be impossible to get a jack under it, even without a flat tire.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2018, 02:16:21 PM »
Do you like Tacos?

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2018, 03:50:05 PM »

Do we humans actually deserve dogs?
 :heisenberg:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.