Author Topic: Fake news in the MSM.  (Read 218 times)

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
Fake news in the MSM.
« on: June 13, 2018, 04:47:34 AM »
I'm not sure how this story made it to be published but the second I saw it, I knew it was bullshit.

The story claims that 300 U.S. Marines have deployed to Norway, and that this is the first time since WWII that Norway has had foreign troops inside its borders.   :LMAO:

The article states
Norway and the U.S. have both said that the U.S. Marines are stationed in the country in order to train in freezing temperatures. There are currently no plans to have a permanent U.S. military base in the country.

The Marine Corps has sent troops there for cold weather training since at least the 1970's. I've known several people who trained there and I even saw a documentary about 20 years ago showing the Norwegian Army and US Marines engaging in war games.

How the fuck does this misinformation get out there??

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/more-us-marines-will-deploy-to-norway/ar-AAyyt7t?ocid=spartanntp

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: Fake news in the MSM.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 07:59:56 AM »
I'm not sure how this story made it to be published but the second I saw it, I knew it was bullshit.

The story claims that 300 U.S. Marines have deployed to Norway, and that this is the first time since WWII that Norway has had foreign troops inside its borders.   :LMAO:

The article states
Norway and the U.S. have both said that the U.S. Marines are stationed in the country in order to train in freezing temperatures. There are currently no plans to have a permanent U.S. military base in the country.

The Marine Corps has sent troops there for cold weather training since at least the 1970's. I've known several people who trained there and I even saw a documentary about 20 years ago showing the Norwegian Army and US Marines engaging in war games.

How the fuck does this misinformation get out there??

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/more-us-marines-will-deploy-to-norway/ar-AAyyt7t?ocid=spartanntp

MSN...
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 12:36:58 AM »
Did the US Marines forget that Alaska has been known to get a bit chilly?
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 05:19:28 AM »
Did the US Marines forget that Alaska has been known to get a bit chilly?

It's far cheaper to send Marines on the east coast to Norway than it is to build a training center from scratch in Alaska.

Marines in the west coast go to a similar school in Bridgeport, California.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 04:19:39 PM »

It's far cheaper to send Marines on the east coast to Norway than it is to build a training center from scratch in Alaska.

There's also the benefit of an apposing team to spar with.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 05:06:48 PM »

There's also the benefit of an apposing team to spar with.

Exactly!!   :thumbup:

It's good practice for the Marines to get their butts kicked by the Norwegian snow troops that are some of the best in the world.