Author Topic: Intellectual Dark Web  (Read 6294 times)

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Intellectual Dark Web
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2018, 08:38:43 PM »
^^^ Posting in the mirror again...    :wanker:

Is that the IDW equivalent of "I know you are but what am I?"?
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2018, 09:01:32 PM »

No, it's the I2 equivalent of "you're psychologically projecting your faults on to others".   :hahaha:

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2018, 09:36:24 PM »

No, it's the I2 equivalent of "you're psychologically projecting your faults on to others".   :hahaha:

So that's a yes
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2018, 04:59:34 AM »
The IDW are primarily a bunch of pseudo-intellectual man-babies who get butthurt if people disagree with them.

I see it elsewhere on the web all the time, stupid regressives who feel "educated" because they managed to sit through a couple of hours of Jordan Peterson or Sam Harris or some other tosser on YouTube. And now they're gonna school the lefties with their superior knowledge.

But, of course, the IDW-inspired arguments that they regurgitate don't stand up to actual scrutiny and they resort to insults when presented with facts and solid rational arguments to the contrary. But the one thing they've learned very, very well from the IDW is that when someone disagrees with you and makes you look stupid... they're violating your free speech. WAAAAAAH!!!

Showing them up as idiots and making their heads explode isn't much sport. I like to play "what IDW pseudo-intellectual does is this particular manbaby going to invoke as proof that they are right". You can tell from which particular dumb-arse arguments they present. And, sure enough, once you've poked a few holes in their arguments and pseudo-facts, they start posting Jordan Peterson or Sam Harris videos as "proof" that they are right.

Do you think the notables that are the "Intellectual Dark Web" are all on the Right?

They are not like the so-called Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse who all have pretty much the same conversation point -Atheism. This is not the case with this loose collective of people. There are purported Progressives, Liberals, Libertarians and Conservatives. They are not exclusively pushing one talking point like Atheism, it is a number of talking points. There is some intersection on Free Speech and some are focused more than others on that but all are challenging the status quo and the encroaching freedoms given away for "protection".

I hardly see them presenting differing opinions as being whiny but I do see it as expressing themselves.

I tend to err on the side of freedom of expression and being able to go toe to toe in expressing yourself. I am not an anarchist but I think government should not too tightly regulate. I do not want people regulating me too much. I think freedom of choice is a good thing. I think the ability to make and learn from mistakes is positive and understanding that life is a bitch and will hurt you is a good takeaway.  Going into things saying the world has to bend around my insecurities and vulnerabilities and never harm me and if it does that is a terrible thing, is crazy.

There is a sense of this commonality of thought with these people. The sense that they are not whining nor begging for exclusions or special treatment. In fact, they are saying equal treatment for all and all includes people who do not share a collective ideology. For example if you are prepared to riot and pull fire alarms rather than let others hear opinions you personally do not care for, it is NOT unreasonable to have people like these folk say that is unacceptable and it would be foolish to pretend that either this does not happen and too regularly OR that bringing up stuff like this is whining.

Of course you telling us that these people are either unwilling or unable to engage in debate or to defend their positions is curious mental.

Not one of these people is stupid or without skills to argue effectively and none I have seen seeks to shut down opponents. Some are better than others but none of them are slouches. Not to say you will agree with every point they make. I don't. But your caricature seems a little off the mark braindead.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2018, 07:16:22 AM »

So that's a yes

Fail at reading, you do.  :yoda:

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2018, 05:45:58 PM »
Avowed progressive liberal, Lindsay Shepherd, calls the SJW's out as poisonous.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2018, 08:09:13 PM »
The IDW are primarily a bunch of pseudo-intellectual man-babies who get butthurt if people disagree with them.

I see it elsewhere on the web all the time, stupid regressives who feel "educated" because they managed to sit through a couple of hours of Jordan Peterson or Sam Harris or some other tosser on YouTube. And now they're gonna school the lefties with their superior knowledge.

But, of course, the IDW-inspired arguments that they regurgitate don't stand up to actual scrutiny and they resort to insults when presented with facts and solid rational arguments to the contrary. But the one thing they've learned very, very well from the IDW is that when someone disagrees with you and makes you look stupid... they're violating your free speech. WAAAAAAH!!!

Showing them up as idiots and making their heads explode isn't much sport. I like to play "what IDW pseudo-intellectual does is this particular manbaby going to invoke as proof that they are right". You can tell from which particular dumb-arse arguments they present. And, sure enough, once you've poked a few holes in their arguments and pseudo-facts, they start posting Jordan Peterson or Sam Harris videos as "proof" that they are right.

(1) Do you think the notables that are the "Intellectual Dark Web" are all on the Right?  NO

They are not like the so-called Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse who all have pretty much the same conversation point -Atheism. This is not the case with this loose collective of people. There are purported Progressives, Liberals, Libertarians and Conservatives. They are not exclusively pushing one talking point like Atheism, it is a number of talking points. There is some intersection on Free Speech and some are focused more than others on that but all are challenging the status quo and the encroaching freedoms given away for "protection".

I hardly see them presenting differing opinions as being whiny but I do see it as expressing themselves.

I tend to err on the side of freedom of expression and being able to go toe to toe in expressing yourself. I am not an anarchist but I think government should not too tightly regulate. I do not want people regulating me too much. I think freedom of choice is a good thing. I think the ability to make and learn from mistakes is positive and understanding that life is a bitch and will hurt you is a good takeaway.  Going into things saying the world has to bend around my insecurities and vulnerabilities and never harm me and if it does that is a terrible thing, is crazy.

There is a sense of this commonality of thought with these people. The sense that they are not whining nor begging for exclusions or special treatment. In fact, they are saying equal treatment for all and all includes people who do not share a collective ideology. For example if you are prepared to riot and pull fire alarms rather than let others hear opinions you personally do not care for, it is NOT unreasonable to have people like these folk say that is unacceptable and it would be foolish to pretend that either this does not happen and too regularly OR that bringing up stuff like this is whining.

(2) Of course you telling us that these people are either unwilling or unable to engage in debate or to defend their positions is curious mental. Where did I say that?

Not one of these people is stupid or without skills to argue effectively and none I have seen seeks to shut down opponents. Some are better than others but none of them are slouches. Not to say you will agree with every point they make. I don't. But your caricature seems a little off the mark braindead.

I'm sorry that you missed my point. My fault for posting word salad with some thinly veiled attempts to trigger Pappy.

I'm pretty sure that most of those who are considered part of the IDW are smarterer than I am. That's a pretty safe bet.

I was referring to the stupid regressives who have watched their YouTube videos in isolation from other knowledge and data and information and opinions. But, because it somehow made sense to them, they can regurgitate a loose interpretation of what Harris or Peterson said and that makes them an intellectual too.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2018, 08:20:19 PM »
I'm pretty sure that all of those who are considered part of the IDW are smarterer than I am, especially Harris and Peterson. That's a pretty safe bet.

fyp.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2018, 08:23:43 PM »
I'm pretty sure that all of those who are considered part of the IDW are smarterer than I am, especially Harris and Peterson. That's a pretty safe bet.

fyp.

F**k, I think you're right. That would make my IQ about 11.

I'm going to focus on finding a YouTube video that explains how to tie my shoes. And how to walk and chew at the same time.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2018, 08:55:52 PM »

fyp.

F**k, I think you're right. That would make my IQ about 11.

I'm going to focus on finding a YouTube video that explains how to tie my shoes. And how to walk and chew at the same time.

:lolhit:

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2018, 02:07:18 PM »
The "creator" of the IDW, Eric Weinstein, talks about why he proposed the IDW and why he gave it it's name.

He also discusses its purpose.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2018, 05:15:45 AM »
I can't get past the hair. He's as old as I am and not a single grey hair.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2018, 06:40:54 PM »
I'm guessing he uses dye.

His younger brother Bret has the same Jew-fro but it's salt and pepper.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2018, 06:43:45 PM »
I'm guessing it's his real hair, but it sure as heck looks like a rug.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2018, 08:24:45 PM »
I'm guessing it's his real hair, but it sure as heck looks like a rug.

...or a roadkill.

That's some really bad hair.   :laugh:
I honestly had a boss back in the 90's that had a rug that was shockingly similar.

Looked like a dyed dead possum sitting on top of his head.

His wife ended up destroying it and blaming it on the dog. It was THAT bad.