Author Topic: Much Requested Pictures of Kira  (Read 671 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Much Requested Pictures of Kira
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2018, 08:26:52 PM »
Kira will play with anything. I mean anything. I heard him playing with my shoes during the night. Right now he's playing with some books.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2018, 08:18:27 AM »
Beautiful cat.

I have had two fairly large male cats. One was my most recently lost cat (before the one we have now - who is getting old) "Rocky"  was twenty four pounds and had a very long body. A little pudgy, hence the poundage.

A much older time, I had "Blue"  who was twenty nine pounds, much larger, longer and taller, body than Rocky and not neutered. He lived outdoors mostly and was a prolific hunter looked skinny, but big. He was truly an amazing cat and he liked to play rough.

I have always wondered about those giant Maine Coon cats that get over forty pounds when full grown.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 08:20:16 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2018, 11:22:56 AM »

Oh, my sweet loving cat, fixed female, tiny and petite, weighs eight pounds looking a bit fatty around the middle, is eleven years old now and she is all grey under her chin and neck, showing her advanced age.

She actually has grown a type of cute kitty mane in the past two years.

She is the most attentive, loving and perfect cat I have ever had and she is one of dozens from my past lives.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2018, 01:39:55 PM »
Lenny was 22 pounds yet he had a few grumpy sides to him.

Yoshi is a bit smaller, yet more lovable and affectionate than Lenny was...

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2018, 04:11:18 PM »

Rocky was very loving, but he was clearly not my cat; he was my wife's cat and rarely made it so clear, but he was hers. It was not until his death was near that he came to me often. He lived long for cats. He was nineteen years old when he was hit by a car and I still wonder if that was suicide. He was in pain from hip dyplasia problems.

Blue was a fucking monster, feral from a kitten, large fellow and as I raised him he became ever more independent. Interestingly he attached to me and we lived many years as "fighting friends"  who often slept together. It was his choice, but sometimes he would come and snuggle up and sleep with me.
He also used to set a stance half way across the yard when he wanted to instigate play. I began to know what was coming -  He would take about four giant leaps toward me and then fly at me and bounce off my leg, just barely introducing his awesome claws. Did not hurt as much with the claws as his weight bouncing off my leg.
Then after knocking the crap out of me he would land on all fours in a "Halloween cat" stance and begin circling me. Daring me to do anything about and the game was on. He was fucking amazing! I could only rarely touch him in this game, but then a few minutes later we were all cuddly and purring together. Great cat! I still miss Blue!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2018, 04:20:58 PM »

Never know about bigger cats, but all the most loving and attentive and "trainable"  cats I have had were all smaller.

My Nina is tiny and she only rarely looks away from what ever I am doing.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2018, 04:25:25 PM »

Those ears make me think of a wildcat.

Seems to get along with Liam OK!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2018, 04:28:22 PM »
He has little razors for claws and needles for teeth.

Ha ha! Just wait a bit. Those will become swords and daggers.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2018, 06:43:45 PM »
Love the ears  :2thumbsup:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2018, 09:06:58 PM »
Lenny's previous family fed him the wrong foods, and that was why he was so big....

I've had Yoshi since he was a Kitten I adopted from the shelter.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2018, 11:59:29 AM »
Lenny's previous family fed him the wrong foods, and that was why he was so big....

Lenny's growth and eventual "size"  are not things that can be influenced by diet or any other kind of nutritional or chemical type of intervention.
Simple biology. Check it out.
If such was possible then the largest and most successful Olympians would have been Russians in the eighties.

It is just your wonderful cat's DNA that makes him what he is and his reaction to you is mostly upon you.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2018, 07:18:58 PM »

Lenny's growth and eventual "size"  are not things that can be influenced by diet or any other kind of nutritional or chemical type of intervention.
Simple biology. Check it out.
If such was possible then the largest and most successful Olympians would have been Russians in the eighties.

It is just your wonderful cat's DNA that makes him what he is and his reaction to you is mostly upon you.

Fair enough.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2018, 01:20:00 AM »
Kira has grown a lot in the past few weeks. He is hungry most of the time and particularly likes cooked chicken.

I don't feel his ribs any more when I pat him and his fur is now very soft.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2018, 01:26:05 AM »
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2018, 06:08:34 AM »
That sounds like horse shit DD, of course a human or animal's size is influenced by diet. If it wasn't, then the population of america would shrink by three quarters overnight.

And you could always put the cat on steroids :spazz:
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.