Author Topic: Wrong Planet seems to have been hacked  (Read 1568 times)

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
Re: Wrong Planet seems to have been hacked
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2018, 07:37:26 PM »
About ten regulars in a busy week, and it hasn't been busy for a while. At least three have mod powers.

Sounds like this place.

Sheesh why are we so small? :(
Facebook killed the message board. Sounds like a song title.

:zoinks:

:gopher:

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2018, 07:45:01 PM »
About ten regulars in a busy week, and it hasn't been busy for a while. At least three have mod powers.

Sounds like this place.

Sheesh why are we so small? :(
Facebook killed the message board. Sounds like a song title.

:zoinks:

:2thumbsup:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2018, 01:31:41 AM »
You may be on to something there, Jack.

There's a film tech board I used to participate in. Those discussions have all slowly moved over to FB.
Someone else said it some time ago, and at the time disagreed. Though facebook was more new then and forums were still active, even though not as active. Would definitely agree with them now.

I think one reason is that people go there anyway, so why not focus the discussions to one place?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2018, 04:58:52 PM »
You may be on to something there, Jack.

There's a film tech board I used to participate in. Those discussions have all slowly moved over to FB.
Someone else said it some time ago, and at the time disagreed. Though facebook was more new then and forums were still active, even though not as active. Would definitely agree with them now.

I think one reason is that people go there anyway, so why not focus the discussions to one place?
That probably makes sense to most other people. Just can't relate to how people can do that, having loved ones, friends, acquaintances, co-workers, and complete strangers, daily life, work life, hobbies and interests, all in one box like that. Prefer my life organized into tidy boxes, and that includes people. There's no real room for overlapping those boundaries, so people and things just have to stay in their box or things get really messy.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2018, 11:23:32 PM »
True. Have shared stuff here that I wouldn't want family to know.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2018, 12:19:01 PM »
I can't stand Facebook for all sorts of reasons. I only use it to respond to other people who are insisting on communicating there. There's no way I would attempt to have any semblance of private life or meaningful discussion there.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2018, 05:05:54 PM »
Facebook is a means of keeping connected with friends, family, acquaintances, and community.

Everything else is just posting my views without sounding like a pompous ass hooked on religious convictions....

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2018, 10:34:44 PM »
Facebook sucked from the beginning. Liked myspace a lot more. Then, it learned to suck too.
FB just keeps getting worse and worse. Like everything.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2018, 12:20:17 AM »
I think I'm allergic to social media, facebook in particular.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2018, 03:34:09 AM »
Facebook is a means of keeping connected with friends, family, acquaintances, and community.
Yep. I wouldn't know if everything is ok with my family if it weren't for Facebook. Plus I've joined an autism group who has meetings once a month in the city that I go to. I enjoy them a lot better than the structured meetings I used to go to.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2018, 02:28:34 PM »
FB, farce book, fuck book or whatever, is what it is!  I recently reconnected with a very dear friend from nursing school, she and I had both been thru "mill" and we formed a deep friendship at school.  I have a few friends who hate and left FB for their own reasons.  Fortunately, I have other ways to stay in touch with them.  As long as I find what I want there, it's all good...for me.   8)

I'm just surprised that nothing  has shown up to compete and replace it.  LinkdN is a joke!  And walmart is trying to make it's own "social network" among it's employees.  Talk about a joke!  Considering the number of people they have fired since I started, I can't be arsed!   :LOL:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2018, 04:29:40 PM »
FB, farce book, fuck book or whatever, is what it is!  I recently reconnected with a very dear friend from nursing school, she and I had both been thru "mill" and we formed a deep friendship at school.  I have a few friends who hate and left FB for their own reasons.  Fortunately, I have other ways to stay in touch with them.  As long as I find what I want there, it's all good...for me.   8)

Because of the real name policy, I've found facebook very good for getting back in contact with people like this.

Its ubiquity also makes it a platform for distributing content to large audiences. I'd much prefer something (like the old myspace) where
users control their content presentation better - not just a stream of garbage from everyone but a real hompage as the focus - but sites
which have done that just don't have the same reach.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2018, 06:02:36 PM »
My garbage, my choice!   :laugh:  And since we have a mutual friend, I've seen yours...and your welcome to it!  If you want to judge me.......keep it to yourself!  Or block me....E!   
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 06:07:03 PM by rock hound »
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2018, 08:13:04 PM »

I'm just surprised that nothing  has shown up to compete and replace it.  LinkdN is a joke!  And walmart is trying to make it's own "social network" among it's employees.  Talk about a joke!  Considering the number of people they have fired since I started, I can't be arsed!   :LOL:

Isn't that a website for friends with benefits?

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2018, 08:16:41 PM »

Isn't that a website for friends with benefits?

Maybe, I just made that name up, or so I thought.  Now that you brought it up, I may have seen it before somewhere in my spam box in gmail!