Educational

Poll

What order are you in the family you were predominantly raised in.

Oldest
8 (42.1%)
second
6 (31.6%)
third
1 (5.3%)
fourth
0 (0%)
Youngest
4 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Birth order.  (Read 738 times)

Litigious

Re: Birth order.
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2007, 02:20:21 PM »
What about this theory: If your siblings and you are all of the same gender and you're the oldest or among the oldest, you're likely to have AS. If most of your siblings are of the opposite gender and you're the youngest or among the younger, you're also very likely to have AS.

Of course peaguy had to be an exception.

thepeaguy

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2007, 02:32:11 PM »
What about this theory: If your siblings and you are all of the same gender and you're the oldest or among the oldest, you're likely to have AS. If most of your siblings are of the opposite gender and you're the youngest or among the younger, you're also very likely to have AS.

Bear in mind that there are those that suffer from some form of brain damage which makes them display autistic-like symptoms. For all I know, my difficulties could be caused by evironmental influences, not necessarily genetic.

The hereditary theory seems to be a popular theory, but it isn't really accurate, as far as I know. Autism is still an enigma to human society.

And for the record, I don't think I'm AS in any sense of the word.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 02:34:28 PM by thepeaguy »

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2007, 02:36:54 PM »
I am in the middle of three. I have one older sister and younger sister.
Guardian of the Empire

ozymandias

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2007, 03:16:07 PM »

Bear in mind that there are those that suffer from some form of brain damage which makes them display autistic-like symptoms. For all I know, my difficulties could be caused by evironmental influences, not necessarily genetic.

The hereditary theory seems to be a popular theory, but it isn't really accurate, as far as I know. Autism is still an enigma to human society.

And for the record, I don't think I'm AS in any sense of the word.

QFT.   To paraphrase an old science saying, What we know would fit on the head of pin, what we don't know would fill a huge room!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 03:18:22 PM by ozymandias »

Scrapheap

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2007, 03:47:00 PM »
I'm the youngest of 4. My brother (who's still alive) is the oldest followed by my sister followed by my brother (died 22 yrs ago) then me. I also have a half-sister on my moms side (dumb slut got knocked up in high school) who was'nt raised with us.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2007, 07:07:01 AM »
1.  There's not option for only child
2.  I don't really fit anything, because I spent a good portion of my childhood in various places where I shared parental figures (staff members) with a lot of other kids.  I'm not 100% only child, or probably even 50%.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2007, 04:54:32 AM »
I'm the eldest of 2, I have a younger brother.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2007, 04:41:56 AM »
I have a theory about environmental causes of As I'm guessing birth order might play a role in some cases.

So do we get to hear this theory?

Offline Lurk Hurk Gurk

• Super-Duper Rationalist Crackpot Mystic of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • Lhrxiag Trhe (hvng: rbt13)
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2007, 01:28:27 PM »
I am the only one.

Scrapheap

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2007, 02:33:18 PM »
I have a theory about environmental causes of As I'm guessing birth order might play a role in some cases.

So do we get to hear this theory?

Well, the poll results blew my theory out of the water. I thought Aspergers would be more prevelant in younger siblings. Turns out the opposite (according to this very unscientific poll)