Politics, Mature and taboo > Political Pundits

The Progressive ideology exposed

<< < (30/30)

El:

--- Quote from: Go Piss Up A Rope on January 16, 2018, 08:43:10 PM ---Yeah, perhaps El can give us the cliff notes along with what her point is.

--- End quote ---

Offering reading material for anyone who was interested.  You seem not to be especially interested in reading.

--- Quote from: Go Piss Up A Rope on January 16, 2018, 08:29:21 PM ---
--- Quote from: El on January 16, 2018, 07:14:07 PM ---So guys apologies if this has already been brought up; I sorta skimmed the last couple of pages but not in-depth:

http://www.jessebering.com/publications/

This is bringing back a presentation I did in grad school on his article "The evolutionary history of an illusion: Religious causal beliefs in children and adults." It's cited on his page but not downloadable there; related articles (including ones he referenced) are.  Points to someone who can find it in full (I can't seem to- google scholar in 2018 is still not as powerful as ebscohost was in 2008, apparently).

--- End quote ---

That particular article doesn't have a link.

--- End quote ---
^no shit sherlock.

Al Swearegen:

--- Quote from: Go Piss Up A Rope on January 16, 2018, 06:15:40 PM ---
--- Quote from: odeon on January 12, 2018, 02:31:31 AM ---As for discussing social justice, I doubt there is a meaningful discussion to be had with Scrap on that front. It's all cute pejoratives and name-dropping for him.

--- End quote ---

An there's a very good reason for that. Social Justice movements have all been hijacked by ideological puritans who want to reform society along ideals of human nature that have been thoroughly discredited by most psychologists and evolutionary psychologists in particular. 

Specifically, they believe in the notion of the human mind being a "blank slate" that is the formed entirely by society at large and there is no inherent biological difference between the brains of men and women. This is the point that James Damore made that got him fired from google.

They also buy into the false beliefs of racial identity movements that whites came to dominate the modern world because white people are somehow inherently pathological. They believe that all cultures are equally valid (except whites which they often deny even exist) despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary, that cultures have trajectories and at any given moment in history, some cultures will be vastly outperforming other cultures in terms if advancements in science, math and engineering.

Social Justice is ultimately an anti-intellectual movement that will destroy itself soon enough.

--- End quote ---

Well said Scrap.

Marxism created the divisive virtuous working class vs the evil aristocrat narrative and Cultural Marxism takes this to another level. The Progressive stack does not set divisive poor vs rich as much as concentrates on:

Men vs women
Straight vs gay
Cisgendered vs Trangendered
White vs Black
Able Bodied vs Disabled

and an intersectional clusterfuck of divisiveness. All with the virtuous underprivileged vs the ignoble or evil privileged.

It is a race to the bottom and proponents of the Social Justice mindset are not, I believe, religious but are cult-like. What binds them is the same moral righteousness and faux-intellectual mindset. The ideology is their god and on the altar of such no hypocrisy, lie or moral wrong is out of bounds. The ideology must be preserved and advanced at all costs and disputing it will brand you as a heathen (bigot). There is no room for reflection or self-critique because they are righteous and their cause is pure.

It is a load of shit.

The pervasiveness and brilliance of it is that it disguises itself well enough. This is why it has infested itself so well in the Liberal Left and take over the host. Liberalism used to be open, accepting, tolerant, and about sharing ideas and about non-rigidity to traditional norms. Also to oppose and push back on Authoritarianism and for freedom.

It was the perfect gateway for Cultural Marxists. They come in saying that they too support freedoms and want these poor underprivileged people to have a say and to have the rights denied them. But then they slowly change this angle to be we can't be open and accepting of others who are not either supporting everything we do to further our Progressive agenda no matter how disruptive, ignoble or unethical and IF you do you are actively against us and we will oppose you with Authoritarian rigour and call you, who believe yourself tolerant, intolerant and bigoted.

Most Liberals bought it and those that did not either were cowed or did not remain Liberals.

I hope that Scrap is right and the Progressives devour each other. My ONLY concern is that whilst I want things to move to the right massively from where the Progressive Left is now, I do not want it to swing completely to the right. I fear it may and we will be dealing with wacko Authoritarian Right Wing like we were 10 years ago. The Religious right doing similar bullshit with culture and society. Close to Centre on the Left is best. Even close to Centre on the Right would possibly be okay. Far Left or Far right is just crap for society.

odeon:

--- Quote from: Go Piss Up A Rope on January 17, 2018, 06:03:46 AM ---
--- Quote from: odeon on January 17, 2018, 03:47:14 AM ---
--- Quote from: Go Piss Up A Rope on January 16, 2018, 06:15:40 PM ---
--- Quote from: odeon on January 12, 2018, 02:31:31 AM ---As for discussing social justice, I doubt there is a meaningful discussion to be had with Scrap on that front. It's all cute pejoratives and name-dropping for him.

--- End quote ---

An there's a very good reason for that. Social Justice movements have all been hijacked by ideological puritans who want to reform society along ideals of human nature that have been thoroughly discredited by most psychologists and evolutionary psychologists in particular. 

Specifically, they believe in the notion of the human mind being a "blank slate" that is the formed entirely by society at large and there is no inherent biological difference between the brains of men and women. This is the point that James Damore made that got him fired from google.

They also buy into the false beliefs of racial identity movements that whites came to dominate the modern world because white people are somehow inherently pathological. They believe that all cultures are equally valid (except whites which they often deny even exist) despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary, that cultures have trajectories and at any given moment in history, some cultures will be vastly outperforming other cultures in terms if advancements in science, math and engineering.

Social Justice is ultimately an anti-intellectual movement that will destroy itself soon enough.

--- End quote ---

You present your argument as if itself was a belief system. Theirs is a narrow world.

--- End quote ---

FYP.

You're not going to get away with calling me the dogmatist, for pointing out dogmatism.

--- End quote ---

It takes more than editing a reply. Stop acting like one and I will stop.

Yuri Bezmenov:

--- Quote from: El on January 17, 2018, 06:34:21 AM ---
--- Quote from: Go Piss Up A Rope on January 16, 2018, 08:43:10 PM ---Yeah, perhaps El can give us the cliff notes along with what her point is.

--- End quote ---

Offering reading material for anyone who was interested.  You seem not to be especially interested in reading.
--- End quote ---

I'm interested in reading it, if you can actually post a working link to it that doesn't require me to access it through facebook or some other data mining site like that.

Yuri Bezmenov:

--- Quote from: Al Swearengen on January 17, 2018, 07:49:36 AM ---Well said Scrap.

Marxism created the divisive virtuous working class vs the evil aristocrat narrative and Cultural Marxism takes this to another level. The Progressive stack does not set divisive poor vs rich as much as concentrates on:

Men vs women
Straight vs gay
Cisgendered vs Trangendered
White vs Black
Able Bodied vs Disabled

and an intersectional clusterfuck of divisiveness. All with the virtuous underprivileged vs the ignoble or evil privileged.

It is a race to the bottom and proponents of the Social Justice mindset are not, I believe, religious but are cult-like. What binds them is the same moral righteousness and faux-intellectual mindset. The ideology is their god and on the altar of such no hypocrisy, lie or moral wrong is out of bounds. The ideology must be preserved and advanced at all costs and disputing it will brand you as a heathen (bigot). There is no room for reflection or self-critique because they are righteous and their cause is pure.

It is a load of shit.

The pervasiveness and brilliance of it is that it disguises itself well enough. This is why it has infested itself so well in the Liberal Left and take over the host. Liberalism used to be open, accepting, tolerant, and about sharing ideas and about non-rigidity to traditional norms. Also to oppose and push back on Authoritarianism and for freedom.

It was the perfect gateway for Cultural Marxists. They come in saying that they too support freedoms and want these poor underprivileged people to have a say and to have the rights denied them. But then they slowly change this angle to be we can't be open and accepting of others who are not either supporting everything we do to further our Progressive agenda no matter how disruptive, ignoble or unethical and IF you do you are actively against us and we will oppose you with Authoritarian rigour and call you, who believe yourself tolerant, intolerant and bigoted.

Most Liberals bought it and those that did not either were cowed or did not remain Liberals.

I hope that Scrap is right and the Progressives devour each other. My ONLY concern is that whilst I want things to move to the right massively from where the Progressive Left is now, I do not want it to swing completely to the right. I fear it may and we will be dealing with wacko Authoritarian Right Wing like we were 10 years ago. The Religious right doing similar bullshit with culture and society. Close to Centre on the Left is best. Even close to Centre on the Right would possibly be okay. Far Left or Far right is just crap for society.

--- End quote ---

The now infamous biology professor from Evergreen State, Bret Weinstein, has a few things to add to what you said.

Keep in mind that he is a self-described Progressive Liberal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version