Start here > Free For ALL

Jesus.....how are you still sober?

<< < (5/6) > >>

El:

--- Quote from: odeon on December 18, 2017, 12:38:53 AM ---Babysitters for adults. I love it.

--- End quote ---
My department head was that person this year.  Myself and a couple of other people from our department closed the place down with her.  Thank god, nobody got too wasted.

You'd think, given what the company does, we'd be better, but no.  The younger folks and paraprofessionals tend to be the ones who go nuts; every year we wonder which department will be badly-behaved and it's generally the same two or three departments.  We've had people drunk driving at events where we were collecting for MADD.  >_<

Apparently we got asked not to return to one venue we were at a few years back.  I hadn't realized it was the hotel's decision rather than ours not to have us return.  I think that was the one (or one of the times) we had legit problems with people getting super-wasted.

Icequeen:

--- Quote from: El on December 19, 2017, 03:45:46 PM ---
You'd think, given what the company does, we'd be better, but no.  The younger folks and paraprofessionals tend to be the ones who go nuts; every year we wonder which department will be badly-behaved and it's generally the same two or three departments.  We've had people drunk driving at events where we were collecting for MADD.  >_<

--- End quote ---

Most obnoxious and wildest drunks:

1. Teachers (normally 7th grade up to college professors)
2. Counselors (drug/alcohol rehab & troubled youth)
3. Local city council members

Seriously, I've seen some shit.   :o :laugh:

El:

--- Quote from: Icequeen on December 19, 2017, 05:13:53 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
There's a couple of people who love to reminisce about that once time someone who was openly in recovery won a bottle of wine in the holiday party raffle.   :laugh:

Jack:

--- Quote from: Minister of silly walks on December 19, 2017, 01:51:46 AM ---
I've worked at companies with a culture of excessive drinking.

--- End quote ---
Have heard a keg is to be installed in the office break room. Dumbest idea ever.

Minister Of Silly Walks:

--- Quote from: Icequeen on December 19, 2017, 05:13:53 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Not specific to a profession, but expats (from countries like the UK, the US, Australia, NZ, Western Europe) tend to be pretty hardcore. Not necessarily in terms of being obnoxious and wild, but certainly in terms of heavy social drinking every night of the week.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version