Start here > Free For ALL

Jesus.....how are you still sober?

<< < (3/6) > >>

odeon:

--- Quote from: Minister of silly walks on December 17, 2017, 04:23:28 AM ---Where I work we get emails before any event where alcohol may be consumed telling us that if we feel affected by alcohol then we should approach a designated person who will look after us.

--- End quote ---

Haven't worked anywhere that advanced. How do they pick these designated persons?

Minister Of Silly Walks:

--- Quote from: odeon on December 18, 2017, 12:29:31 AM ---
--- Quote from: Minister of silly walks on December 17, 2017, 04:23:28 AM ---Where I work we get emails before any event where alcohol may be consumed telling us that if we feel affected by alcohol then we should approach a designated person who will look after us.

--- End quote ---

Haven't worked anywhere that advanced. How do they pick these designated persons?

--- End quote ---

It's basically to cover the company's butt in case of some alcohol-related sh*t going down.

In my experience it tends to be someone from HR who doesn't drink, and perhaps another senior person (chosen by HR) who doesn't drink.

odeon:
Babysitters for adults. I love it.

Jack:
Have read more than two drinks puts most people's blood levels over the legal limit for driving so more than two would be noticed as a concern for someone driving, but it's difficult to put out there in conversation.  They may not have really been asking if you were sober, but rather saying you weren't.

Al Swearegen:
Well, it appears the people making all the chatter and gossip were actually a little inebriated and complaining about how they felt yesterday and the only chatter about it today was someone who spilled food and what time everyone got home.

It seemed it was just them rambling after a few drinks. I could not really pick up on who had drunk what and am not a good judge on such things anyway. I am pretty happy with that. I had not experienced the gossipy side of things in the workplace and it is not something I am really comfortable with.

Much ado about nothing as it turns out. Happy with that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version