Arena for the Competitive > Main Event Callouts

PMSElle why are you talking such unadulterated ideologically driven bullshit?

<< < (2/15) > >>

Al Swearegen:
1. How do you know what every White Male American Evangelical Christian thinks?

2. You say that hate women and love fetuses and are racist and so on....can you show how you have come to this OR are you just doing a stream of consciousness and we are seeing your unfiltered prejudices and bigotry?

3. If it were simply the case that white male Christian Evangelicals are the problem, then being that they represent only about 9% of the country how would this be a problem?

4. How is being Godly, a constitutionalist, and patriotic a feature of masculinity AND how does this make someone hate women and be racist?

5. Being that I simply questioned the claim that it was simple to remove guns from Americans (which NOBODY honestly thinks is true) why does this mean that I am suddenly beholden to the clusterfuck of ideals you (unsupported) purport white male evangelical Christians to have?

6. Can you evidence ANY of this or are you talking unfiltered bullshit of monumental levels and exposing your misandrist and bigoted to views to us all?

7. Do you believe that reactionary Progressive virtue signallers like yourself who imply that if everyone is not on the same page as you on your "Progressive" arguments that they are bigots or unfeeling and that must virtue signal their "outrage" in the appropriate way and on demand, are the way to get any compromise on gun control in the US or are you stupid enough to think that enough pressure and outrage and calling people names will make everyone give up their guns?

8. Do you think that a more rational approach is to understand and appreciate that Conservatives want NO more changes or amendments and the Progressives want ALL guns taken away? That between these two positions there is a compromise to be found and it does not require calling everyone who disagrees a bigot or a heartless person who doesn't care about people getting killed (and in fact THAT is precisely why Conservatives reject coming to the table to work through these issues)?

9. Why are you being a dickhead?

El:
You're very bound and determined that I play by *your* rules.

You have very specific ideas about how you want others to engage with you.  You can't cope with being slighted.  If you feel you have been, or if someone does something that hits a nerve, you begin nitpicking and browbeating for pages and pages and pages.

It seems that the options that you feel you reduce others to are to engage on your terms, in what will likely be an endless debate that gets derailed into you posting endlessly about whatever details you decide to harp on, with no actual interest in having anything productive come of it.

What actually ends up happening is it becomes clear that you're just fixated and pissed off and wanting to verbally club the person who made you feel bad into submission so you can feel better.

Once upon a time, you did make sense when you got into debates.  Once upon a time it would have been worth it to me to have this debate.

That was years ago.  In the time since, as far as I'm concerned, you've effectively blabberized yourself.

:dunno:

Al Swearegen:

--- Quote from: PMS Elle on October 06, 2017, 08:06:02 PM ---You're very bound and determined that I play by *your* rules.

You have very specific ideas about how you want others to engage with you.  You can't cope with being slighted.  If you feel you have been, or if someone does something that hits a nerve, you begin nitpicking and browbeating for pages and pages and pages.

It seems that the options that you feel you reduce others to are to engage on your terms, in what will likely be an endless debate that gets derailed into you posting endlessly about whatever details you decide to harp on, with no actual interest in having anything productive come of it.

What actually ends up happening is it becomes clear that you're just fixated and pissed off and wanting to verbally club the person who made you feel bad into submission so you can feel better.

Once upon a time, you did make sense when you got into debates.  Once upon a time it would have been worth it to me to have this debate.

That was years ago.  In the time since, as far as I'm concerned, you've effectively blabberized yourself.

:dunno:

--- End quote ---

All very interesting Elle but you made some big claims and big claims would normally require some evidence to back them. Facts do not care about your feelings. I have already demonstrated that what you have said thus far is bullshit.

I do not believe for a moment that you have the means to back yourself. You don't. You are unable to. Defending the indefensible is an attempt in futility and you use the excuse that I prevent you from being able to. I don't. This is not "my" rules but rather what you sign onto every day signing on here. That mission statement you skip over.

Considering the spam nature of some of the posts on here, the irrelevancies top what was called out and the inability to do more that moralise and bullshit without addressing anything put to you, I would say the one blabberising themselves is you. 

Al Swearegen:
Just to reiterate what is being called out

2. You say that hate women and love fetuses and are racist and so on....can you show how you have come to this OR are you just doing a stream of consciousness and we are seeing your unfiltered prejudices and bigotry?

3. If it were simply the case that white male Christian Evangelicals are the problem, then being that they represent only about 9% of the country how would this be a problem?

4. How is being Godly, a constitutionalist, and patriotic a feature of masculinity AND how does this make someone hate women and be racist?

5. Being that I simply questioned the claim that it was simple to remove guns from Americans (which NOBODY honestly thinks is true) why does this mean that I am suddenly beholden to the clusterfuck of ideals you (unsupported) purport white male evangelical Christians to have?

6. Can you evidence ANY of this or are you talking unfiltered bullshit of monumental levels and exposing your misandrist and bigoted to views to us all?

7. Do you believe that reactionary Progressive virtue signallers like yourself who imply that if everyone is not on the same page as you on your "Progressive" arguments that they are bigots or unfeeling and that must virtue signal their "outrage" in the appropriate way and on demand, are the way to get any compromise on gun control in the US or are you stupid enough to think that enough pressure and outrage and calling people names will make everyone give up their guns?

8. Do you think that a more rational approach is to understand and appreciate that Conservatives want NO more changes or amendments and the Progressives want ALL guns taken away? That between these two positions there is a compromise to be found and it does not require calling everyone who disagrees a bigot or a heartless person who doesn't care about people getting killed (and in fact THAT is precisely why Conservatives reject coming to the table to work through these issues)?

This, of course, says NOTHING about me or my intentions or my personality or any shortcoming of mine.

I may be:

Vindictive and petty;
A bloviating blowhard;
an egomaniacal narcissist;
A sociopathic bully;
A poopy-pants
Or some measure of all of these and more

My reasons for doing anything may be good, bad or indifferent.

None of that addresses the callout or has anything to say about it. Not only is a lot of that irrelevant but as pointed out you have been talking crap there too that you are unable to back.

I am happy to admit to being a bad, annoying person. Now can you back yourself in this callout or were you talking complete dishonest crap that you cannot back because it is and always was complete ideologically driven bullshit?

Al Swearegen:

--- Quote from: odeon on October 08, 2017, 02:00:02 AM ---
--- Quote from: Jack on October 07, 2017, 08:45:59 PM ---
--- Quote from: odeon on October 07, 2017, 12:56:12 AM ---Elle's last post is spot on. Al lost this one.

--- End quote ---
She hasn't even addressed this one, and basically has only said she's not going to. She simply doesn't want to discuss it with Sir Les in particular. If that's the case, then she shouldn't have dragged his name into it. Am still holding out hope Elle might wish to discuss the topic of toxic masculinity with Jack.

--- End quote ---

Arguing with Al is like arguing with a fanatic these days. It's never going to be what you think it is.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Al Swearengen on October 07, 2017, 01:36:51 AM ---Just to reiterate what is being called out

This, of course, says NOTHING about me or my intentions or my personality or any shortcoming of mine.

I may be:

Vindictive and petty;
A bloviating blowhard;
an egomaniacal narcissist;
A sociopathic bully;
A poopy-pants
Or some measure of all of these and more

My reasons for doing anything may be good, bad or indifferent.

None of that addresses the callout or has anything to say about it. Not only is a lot of that irrelevant but as pointed out you have been talking crap there too that you are unable to back.

I am happy to admit to being a bad, annoying person. Now can you back yourself in this callout or were you talking complete dishonest crap that you cannot back because it is and always was complete ideologically driven bullshit?

--- End quote ---

It is pretty clear EXACTLY what it is and has always been, hasn't it? I mean if for nothing else, the bold and numbered questions should really highlight to ANY rational and reasonable person EXACTLY what the argument is and is not.

Now it may be that answering these questions is difficult or a discussion that Elle does not wish to make or perhaps she (after having started it) wishes not to engage when pressed or any other number of things BUT it would be beyond dishonest to wave this off as being unclear. I hope this is NOT what you are attempting, Odeon. If so it is pretty transpaently untrue and everyone can see that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version