Author Topic: Great gale  (Read 368 times)

Offline Diesel

• Log splitting aspie elitist
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Oblivitard
Great gale
« on: January 19, 2007, 05:49:43 PM »
So how did our European friends fair the spectacular weather system that moved through in the past few days?

Good, I hope.

Looked like a really impressive if not scary wind storm.

Litigious

Re: Great gale
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 05:52:55 PM »
At least three people were killed by falling trees in Sweden. The electricity went out here for 25 hours...

Offline apatura_iris

• Conspiracy Theorist of the Aspie Elite
  • Part of the Chaos
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 06:26:56 PM »
I hope everyone's ok.  The pictures I saw were staggering.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 06:33:04 PM »
Apparently there's a new storm heading our way in a day or two. This time, there will be snow.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Graelwyn

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 06:44:07 PM »
Been pretty dramatic weather here in the south Uk. I am right on the south coast of course. One night, it was crazy. There was a gust of wind so strong it set off car alarms and sent dustbins all over the place.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 07:26:14 PM »
Scientists have said that, due to global warming, the possibility of hurricanes hitting the European coastline would increase. It only follows that more severe tropical storms would hit also.

This set of pics really tells a story. Umbrella? ... forget it ... you need a helmet and don't forget to tie it to your head.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Litigious

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 07:37:10 PM »
The umbrellas they make nowadays are shit. My grandfather's umbrella from the 1940s will still do in a storm, though.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2007, 07:40:34 PM »
The umbrellas they make nowadays are shit.

QFT

When I lived in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, I discovered golf umbrellas after my first rainstorm using a folding umbrella.  They are much larger and more sturdily made than regular umbrellas.

Graelwyn

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2007, 07:47:10 PM »
I gave up on umbrellas. My last one turned inside out, I got angry and flung it...and the handle came off...the rest blew off into the distance...one umbrella, last seen heading south  :laugh:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2007, 08:03:28 PM »
I gave up on umbrellas. My last one turned inside out, I got angry and flung it...and the handle came off...the rest blew off into the distance...one umbrella, last seen heading south  :laugh:

mary poppins you are not!
Misunderstood.

Litigious

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2007, 08:05:06 PM »

mary poppins you are not!

That's because the umbrellas nowadays are shit.

Graelwyn

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2007, 08:05:57 PM »
 :laugh:

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2007, 08:08:40 PM »
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?