Arena for the Competitive > Main Event Callouts

Odeon, here is where condescending ideological aggression hits the tarmac

<< < (5/6) > >>

Al Swearegen:

--- Quote from: odeon on April 19, 2017, 12:03:37 AM ---Oh, I see. Either I continue a meaningless bullshit callout or you start shitting all over the board again? That's an interesting approach.

Here's the thing, though. You formulated yourself so poorly that many members thought you were denying man-made climate change. When called out on it, you then clarified yourself so poorly that while you didn't deny it all, you hinted that while some things could be caused by man, maybe, perhaps, most probably aren't. A stance worth a politician. Well, perhaps not--I'm not here to insult politicians--but worth Trump.

No specific denials, of course, just the vague probably, perhaps, maybe, an ignorant man's attempt at being reasonable the one time he would have needed to show some actual backbone.

Instead you chose to make it about specifics when you never offered any.

This is now over, Al, like it or not.

--- End quote ---

Nope, here is the thing. You say that I needed to state specifics, you have it precisely ass-backwards.

I was actually stating that there is a lot not known and that whilst climate change does exist and some of that is caused by man the specifics are precisely the problem. That does not make me ignorant as it does make me more open to the best evidence for any particular claim. I am not prepared to dismiss any party coming to the table. Present good opinions on any perceived man made or man influenced change in the climate and I will listen and may well agree with that particular claim. If you disagree with the reasons for that particular claim or you think that that particular claim is not man influenced but caused by some other factor, I will listen to that too.

So no, it would be foolish to say that EVERY claim is equally as valid or credible. It is also stupid to say I would need to state specifics. It has NOTHING to do with not having backbone or convictions. Really stupid.

But as mentioned, you had it ass-backwards.

It is not ME that needs to make specific. It is you. Why? Because YOU made specific claims and allusions about what I specifically said. When asked to show why you made those specific claims you vaguely foist it away from yourself at what others thought. The others are not in the callout. YOU are.

You made claims you need to back. That is all. You haven't. You have relied on several go to settings to avoid having to back yourself. You have insulted me, deflected, said what amounts to "everyone else was doing it too", and said that what I wrote was not specific.

Not a radical notion here, BUT if someone was to make claims that were NOT clear to you, then surely only an idiot would make specific claims based on what they were not clear about? Surely if you were to make a specific claim about someone (On I2 of all places) then you would be able to point to where the person has said or done what you were accusing them of?

I mean, this is not exactly rocket science. The bar I set you was at the idiot level as it is. Basically, it was, show me anything I said. To which your argument is:

"Well, you are an idiot. You have to write more clearly for me to understand and now that I have been called for what I can't back, I want you to retroactively edit what I have already made claims on. I have been called on claims I made about what you said but now it is apparent I can't actually point to anything you said that supports my claim, I will both say "the other boys were doing it too"", and then you stop playing.

This is petulant and immature BUT is still not backing yourself. This is where you have to back yourself, Odeon. If you were not interested in backing yourself then you ought not have made claims you could not back. In fact, given the recent history between us, that goes double. The callout is not meaningless bullshit, for that reason. I clearly do not really give a shit about Climate Change. But I think you talking crap that you cannot back and then refusing to give account of in callout IS not meaningless.

rock hound:
It is what it is, Al! 

Gopher Gary:
I already won this one two months ago.  :zoinks:

odeon:

--- Quote from: rock hound on June 18, 2017, 02:30:56 PM ---It is what it is, Al!

--- End quote ---

You are what you are, Ozy. I guess you just can't help yourself.

'andersom':
 :lol1:
--- Quote from: Gopher Gary on June 18, 2017, 04:00:09 PM ---I already won this one two months ago.  :zoinks:

--- End quote ---
:lol1:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version