Educational

Author Topic: An apology.  (Read 3185 times)

purposefulinsanity

Re: An apology.
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2007, 06:26:11 PM »
I understand why you did it-it can seem safer to protect yourself with a fake persona, but its never going to make you happy if deep down you know its not really you.
Sorry for the short reply am running late getting the kids to bed.

The thing is, people do respect those who go against the rules, as if it's the greastest act of free will when, in reality, they're just insecure tossers vying for attention.

I was in a self-loathing period over being messed about by other people from my life, and they seem to command a lot more respect than the typical nice guy, especially on internet forums, so I emulated those behaviours from the internet tough guys I have observed on.

You're right those people are insecure tossers and perhaps the respect they seem to get isn't real respect.  I have a lot of respect for you for who you really are- I don't expect you to put on an act to gain my respect and imo anyone who only respects you when you do put on an act isn't worth worrying about.

I could see that you weren't happy with yourself and I've been there myself, which is why I made the comment you quoted, not because I thought you should say sorry to anyone (because I don't think you do need to apologise).  But that's only my opinion and only you know what will make you happy, and that's really all that matters in the end.

thepeaguy

« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2007, 09:16:49 AM »
I understand why you did it-it can seem safer to protect yourself with a fake persona, but its never going to make you happy if deep down you know its not really you.
Sorry for the short reply am running late getting the kids to bed.

The thing is, people do respect those who go against the rules, as if it's the greastest act of free will when, in reality, they're just insecure tossers vying for attention.

I was in a self-loathing period over being messed about by other people from my life, and they seem to command a lot more respect than the typical nice guy, especially on internet forums, so I emulated those behaviours from the internet tough guys I have observed on.

I could see that you weren't happy with yourself and I've been there myself, which is why I made the comment you quoted, not because I thought you should say sorry to anyone (because I don't think you do need to apologise).  But that's only my opinion and only you know what will make you happy, and that's really all that matters in the end.

Actually, I did the apology to get rid of some weight, if you catch my drift. Anyway, it's all done and over with now.

Hurrah!

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2007, 09:18:57 AM »
so you didn't really mean it?
Misunderstood.

thepeaguy

« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2007, 09:19:43 AM »
so you didn't really mean it?

Err, no... I did mean it.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2007, 09:22:10 AM »
'by shedding some weight, if you get my drift'

seems like an  :eyebrows:

i thought you meant that you did it to get people off your back.  to stfu.
my bad
Misunderstood.

thepeaguy

« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2007, 09:24:22 AM »
'by shedding some weight, if you get my drift'

seems like an  :eyebrows:

i thought you meant that you did it to get people off your back.  to stfu.
my bad

No worries. :)

Eh, I'll keep this open.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 09:29:15 AM by thepeaguy »

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2007, 06:09:58 PM »
Yeah well no offence, but you shouldn't insult peoples intelligence when you have absolutley no idea.

Well done, Fiona, for you have exposed yourself to be one of the biggest hypocrites I have ever met on the internet; you were guilty (and still are, to some degree) at belittling other people's intelligence on WP -- even before I decided to join up after hearing about it from a nice psychologist I used to have sessions with.

Take your own advice before you start chastising others other the "you don't have any idea about" bollocks.
And now, back to Trillian.

There's a difference between saying somoenes posts are stupid, and telling them they're stupid.
Posts are the only thing you've got to judge by, so that's all anyone has the right to critisize.
If you can find anywhere I call an actual person stupid, be my guest.

Also I'd like to add My posts don't imply that i'm stupid. I don't speak with broken English, atrocious grammar and the vocabulary of a 5 year old.
Maybe ignorant sometimes, but not stupid. My spelling isn't great, That's probably the only thing that would imply stupidity, but it's not like I can't spell anything.

Offline Randy

• Fairy Self Actualizing Healer
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Picture of the person who changed my avitar
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2007, 06:12:08 PM »
Yeah well no offence, but you shouldn't insult peoples intelligence when you have absolutley no idea.

Well done, Fiona, for you have exposed yourself to be one of the biggest hypocrites I have ever met on the internet; you were guilty (and still are, to some degree) at belittling other people's intelligence on WP -- even before I decided to join up after hearing about it from a nice psychologist I used to have sessions with.

Take your own advice before you start chastising others other the "you don't have any idea about" bollocks.

There's a difference between saying somoenes posts are stupid, and telling them they're stupid.
Posts are the only thing you've got to judge by, so that's all anyone has the right to critisize.

Also I'd like to add My posts don't imply that i'm stupid. I don't speak with broken English, atrocious grammar and the vocabulary of a 5 year old.
Maybe ignorant sometimes, but not stupid. My spelling isn't great, That's probably the only thing that would imply stupidity, but it's not like I can't spell anything.

Stupid bitch
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Litigious

« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2007, 06:15:11 PM »

How could you speak with broken English when that's your native language?  ???

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2007, 06:16:25 PM »
Stupid bitch

How mature of you.

How could you speak with broken English when that's your native language?

I meant type or "speak" on the internet. Liek omfg i luv 2 tork liek theis lawl

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2007, 06:17:29 PM »
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 06:19:27 PM by AllDayGlowRandy »
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Litigious

« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2007, 06:19:37 PM »
How could you speak with broken English when that's your native language?

I meant type or "speak" on the internet. Liek omfg i luv 2 tork liek theis lawl

That's not broken English, that's stupid internet or chat "English". There are jerks typing Swedish as bad too. "Broken" is when you have a foreign accent.

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2007, 06:22:06 PM »
Ok, I stop.  I am sorry.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2007, 06:33:10 PM »
Ok, I stop.  I am sorry.

Peaguy may not care for you trying to high jack his apology thread.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2007, 06:35:28 PM »
Ok, I stop.  I am sorry.

I said I was sorry, do you and Hale bopp want flowers? :-* :-* :-*

Spread your legs woman!