Educational

Author Topic: The Stupid Christmas Thread  (Read 8580 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: The Stupid Christmas Thread
« Reply #90 on: December 26, 2016, 01:25:52 PM »
The PR is strictly a tee totaler.  I haven't had a drink in ever so long, but that's not a permanent condition.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #91 on: December 26, 2016, 11:34:51 PM »
I don't drink either as I am unsure as to how it will interact with my meds. Plus my dad is an alcoholic and I don't want to end up like that.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #92 on: December 27, 2016, 10:52:03 AM »
Just about to finish off the bottle of ale I opened last night but only had a few mouthfuls of, and thence a rollup, whilst I wait for my morning meds to kick in.

For some reason, I always really, really want a smoke when my morphine kicks in. Oxy doesn't share that same trait much.

*many hours later, after waking up from a nap sitting slumped in the computer chair*

Still didn't quite finish that bottle of ale. A swallow left for rinsing my mouth out after finishing my relit smoke. That presumably was the alcohol, albeit less than a bottle of 5% EtOH w/v ale interacting with the mixture of chlormethiazole, oxy, morphine and nitrazepam. MMm...feel much better for having a good sleep, and waking up to marilyn manson blasting from the youtube clip from the headphones round my neck :)
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #93 on: December 07, 2019, 07:49:02 AM »
I'm officially bumping the stupid Christmas thread.  :santa:

« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 07:51:29 AM by Gopher Gary »
:gopher:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #94 on: December 07, 2019, 10:54:01 AM »
I should put up the tree, but I've been stalling.

I think the new cat is on meth. I remember mine being active when they were younger but this is almost ridiculous.  :laugh:

He's up to 10 lbs and hurtling through the house at light speed 24/7. EVERYTHING is a play toy, everything BUT the 100+ toys he already has.

I am afraid.:hide:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #95 on: December 07, 2019, 01:34:35 PM »

My daughter did that the day after Thanksgiving. She also pulled out my wife's collection of nutcrackers. Unfortunately, with a touch of OCD, she has re-arranged the tree and the display of nutcrackers several times per day since.
 :GA:

Of course all that Christmas shit is poised in FRONT of my speaker systems. Everything sounds muffled, like there is a pillow over every speaker. The speakers are very powerful and I can still discern everything but nuances, but I always have a month of crap sound while all this seasonal crap unfolds.

I have collected about three hundred CDS recently and my concern is that I had them stacked atop one of my subwoofers (this is actually a negative sub, used out of phase from the rest to ameliorate or lessen a few room dynamic nodes) and now I have no idea where to find my latest acquisitions.
They have been moved or removed.
Either way this happenstance suxxors.

:hahaha:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #96 on: December 07, 2019, 03:10:11 PM »
Search the adjacent storage cabinets or nearest closet.

It's all about presentation...this from another OCD Christmas decorator.  :zoinks:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #97 on: December 07, 2019, 03:50:09 PM »
 :zoinks:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #98 on: December 07, 2019, 03:52:30 PM »
 :zoinks:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #99 on: December 07, 2019, 04:11:52 PM »
I should put up the tree, but I've been stalling.
Tree tends to go up last minute here, and down again quickly after. Prefer to maintain normalcy inside the house as much as possible. The outdoor lights go up early, but not doing them this year. They're getting old and don't feel like spending the money to replace them. Plus Jack is getting old and it's a lot of work. :laugh: Like to have all the shopping and wrapping done by first week of December so to avoid stress and only have to be concerned about the event.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #100 on: December 07, 2019, 06:43:04 PM »
Our neighbourhood is big on the light displays. We just strung up lights along the front of the house and around one tree, looks good without being OTT.

Early Xmas present for the whole family was our expensive new puppy. So no need for present shopping.

My son is 14. He didn't start developing doubts about Santa Claus until he was 12. I always told my kids I don't believe in Santa. My daughter stopped believing when she was 10.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #101 on: December 07, 2019, 09:10:08 PM »
Did some decorating.

Snowman and fresh pine arranged in the planters on the front porch, wreath on the door. Stopped at the tree...hung white lights on my 4 ft "money tree" and the 3 meyer lemon trees crowding the window space near my sliding door.

It looks cozy, might skip the tree totally or do the last minute thing like Jack.  ;) Thanks.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2019, 02:14:22 AM »
 My wife's birthday is this week end.

She LOVES Christmas shit for her birthday, but I get something related to Christmas for her every year. I also try to find something that means something to her every year.

This year I "wood burned" an tiny angel with a graduation cap, representing her daughter's graduation and reminding her that all her babies are all grown up.

Best I could come up with to represent this year's massive timescape.

While shopping with my daughter, yesterday, trying to find the perfect card and such, I heard two "fancy, expensive, probably high maintenance women" remark as to how all these Christmas decorations were too religious and not "christmassy" enough.
I almost LOLed.

:heisenberg:

Hey! How christmassy do we actually need, bitches!??!?!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #103 on: December 13, 2019, 05:10:28 AM »
It's my mum's birthday tomorrow (Saturday). I'm going to call her when I get home from volunteering. I miss her heaps.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #104 on: December 14, 2019, 06:56:20 PM »