Author Topic: So I just rode a dog.  (Read 209 times)

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
So I just rode a dog.
« on: October 03, 2016, 11:53:37 PM »
For the first time in my life, at 25 years old, a few days ago, I rode a Greyhound bus. From the small city I live in to a major city, to see my ex-foster mother/best friend for the weekend. That bus was crowded and the seats suck, but at least the ride was relatively quiet, there weren't any odors, and the trip only lasted for 1 and a half hour. Me and my foster mother didn't do much, as on Saturday she was pretty tired from her trucking job. We did go to a few shops and eat out, though On Sunday, I pretty much slept all day on the couch while she did some household chores. When I was awake, I watched anime on her big screen TV. I went back home on Monday. My friend said that I was welcome to come back whenever, so I guess I wasn't too much of a bother to her. So glad I went. I was looking forward to it.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: So I just rode a dog.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 12:37:43 AM »
Sounds pretty sweet
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 01:02:07 AM »
Sounds good.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 01:15:09 AM »
I used to ride a Greyhound-like bus whenever I wanted to go from Mandurah (where I live) to Perth (the city). Used to take over an hour each way. I preferred to go with a friend because that meant I wouldn't have a stranger sitting next to me.

This was before the train system was built. Now it's much quicker going by train.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 04:26:24 AM »
  I'd never heard a Greyhound bus referred to as a dog before, so I was wondering what breed of dog
  you rode.  I figured some sort of wolfhound. :asthing:  I rode a Shetland pony about 38 years ago myself.
  I'm glad there were no odors.  I've smelled some stale air on city buses, not pleasant!  Good for you.  :thumbup:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 05:22:20 PM »
Am I fucked up because I imagined an entirely different kind of riding of an entirely different kind of dog, the kind of riding that you are better searching for videos of on duckduckgo as the search engine so it doesn't appear in any google data-mining records, and making sure to scrub your logfiles afterwards?
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2016, 06:04:27 PM »
Am I fucked up because I imagined an entirely different kind of riding of an entirely different kind of dog, the kind of riding that you are better searching for videos of on duckduckgo as the search engine so it doesn't appear in any google data-mining records, and making sure to scrub your logfiles afterwards?

I am so totally confused by this.  But I will remain confused and use my imagination to translate it and to imagine why you need to do this.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2016, 06:05:51 PM »
 :thumbup:
I think I could make it though an hour and a half but that's about it.  My artist nephew has gone cross country a few times on Greyhound and likes it he says it's a good way to meet interesting people and be inspired or something  :zombiefuck:   
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2016, 06:20:55 PM »
For the first time in my life, at 25 years old, a few days ago, I rode a Greyhound bus. From the small city I live in to a major city, to see my ex-foster mother/best friend for the weekend. That bus was crowded and the seats suck, but at least the ride was relatively quiet, there weren't any odors, and the trip only lasted for 1 and a half hour. Me and my foster mother didn't do much, as on Saturday she was pretty tired from her trucking job. We did go to a few shops and eat out, though On Sunday, I pretty much slept all day on the couch while she did some household chores. When I was awake, I watched anime on her big screen TV. I went back home on Monday. My friend said that I was welcome to come back whenever, so I guess I wasn't too much of a bother to her. So glad I went. I was looking forward to it.
  Good to hear you had a god time.  :thumbup:

The last time I rode a Greyhound was from San Fran to Santa Maria.

It sucked because as soon as we got near Salinas, we stopped at every Podunk town from there all the way to San Miguel.

It took 6 hours to go 140 miles.  :grrr:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2016, 06:21:47 PM »
I think I could make it though an hour and a half but that's about it.  My artist nephew has gone cross country a few times on Greyhound and likes it he says it's a good way to meet interesting people and be inspired or something  :zombiefuck:

I'd rather not meet interesting people if I'm going to be trapped with them for hours.  :hide: :blah:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2016, 06:26:06 PM »

I'd rather not meet interesting people if I'm going to be trapped with them for hours.  :hide: :blah:

Neither do I :zombiefuck: 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2016, 03:32:23 PM »

Neither do I :zombiefuck:

Nope, I'm out.

Maybe if I put on headphones and pretended to be sleeping.