Educational

Author Topic: Could be Trump?  (Read 19560 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Could be Trump?
« Reply #1185 on: May 16, 2017, 03:23:14 PM »
Looks like he just can't help himself.

Nope.

Game plan strategy.

1. Have staff make statements saying you didn't leak any classified info to your Russian friends.

2. Go on Twitter a little later and tell everyone exactly why you leaked classified info to your Russian friends.

Obviously he should take up drinking...he might come up with a better game plan.

I suspect the WH staff might already be drinking more than they should. Who can blame them?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #1186 on: May 16, 2017, 03:57:17 PM »
Looks like he just can't help himself.

Nope.

Game plan strategy.

1. Have staff make statements saying you didn't leak any classified info to your Russian friends.

2. Go on Twitter a little later and tell everyone exactly why you leaked classified info to your Russian friends.

Obviously he should take up drinking...he might come up with a better game plan.

I suspect the WH staff might already be drinking more than they should. Who can blame them?

In the last couple statements Spicer made people were commenting he looked like he was almost in tears.

Gotta be hell, I actually feel a tiny bit sorry for some of them being paid to try and defend him in this shit storm he created. Kind of wondering who will bail first.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1187 on: May 17, 2017, 12:01:08 AM »
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #1189 on: May 30, 2017, 11:58:05 AM »
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/30/politics/russians-trump-campaign-information/index.html

It's been said a sealed indictment has been served. Nothing officially confirmed though yet...waiting.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #1190 on: May 30, 2017, 02:03:13 PM »
Trump lawyer Michael Cohen declined the request to provide information and testimony to the investigation.

He has now been issued a subpoena.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/house-intel-subpoenas-trumps-personal-attorney/2017/05/30/695ea882-455c-11e7-8de1-cec59a9bf4b1_story.html?utm_term=.b3d571b97fb4

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #1191 on: June 01, 2017, 09:12:56 AM »
Comey's coming to the party on Tuesday.

WH has went into silent mode.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1192 on: June 01, 2017, 01:16:06 PM »
And Spicer looks more exhausted than ever. I think he starts his day with a bottle.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #1193 on: June 01, 2017, 05:18:53 PM »
I just saw a slideshow of mountain glaciers before-and-after pictures; If I were an environmentalist, then I'd start my day with a bottle as well. A bottle of pills!

Congratulations, the United States of Trump! You have joined the TWO other countries who have chosen not to be part of the Paris climate agreement: Syria and Nicaragua.
Two successful, developed, and stable countries with no big problems whatsoever! :orly:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #1194 on: June 01, 2017, 07:37:07 PM »
I just saw a slideshow of mountain glaciers before-and-after pictures; If I were an environmentalist, then I'd start my day with a bottle as well. A bottle of pills!

Congratulations, the United States of Trump! You have joined the TWO other countries who have chosen not to be part of the Paris climate agreement: Syria and Nicaragua.
Two successful, developed, and stable countries with no big problems whatsoever! :orly:

It's not over yet. New York, California, & Washington drew up a "Climate Change Alliance" plan basically in preparation of this.

So far the mayors of Boston and Pittsburgh :asthing: have both come forward to say they will continue to abide by the Paris climate change agreement, I think more will follow. The voice mail at the EPA filled up in less than an hour...they are encouraging people to write in via email to voice their concerns (pruitt.scott@epa.gov).

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1195 on: June 01, 2017, 11:53:38 PM »
His immense stupidity's got to be a record of some kind.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #1196 on: June 02, 2017, 08:29:09 AM »
Out of interest, how much were they looking to reduce the temperature and over what period of time and how binding were the agreements? Does anyone know?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #1197 on: June 02, 2017, 05:12:35 PM »
Out of interest, how much were they looking to reduce the temperature and over what period of time and how binding were the agreements? Does anyone know?
Had the impression it was about reducing greenhouse gasses, not necessarily temperatures, but Wikipedia says temperatures:
Aims
The aim of the convention is described in Article 2, "enhancing the implementation" of the UNFCCC through:[8]
"(a) Holding the increase in the global average temperature to well below 2 °C above pre-industrial levels and to pursue efforts to limit the temperature increase to 1.5 °C above pre-industrial levels, recognizing that this would significantly reduce the risks and impacts of climate change;(b) Increasing the ability to adapt to the adverse impacts of climate change and foster climate resilience and low greenhouse gas emissions development, in a manner that does not threaten food production;(c) Making finance flows consistent with a pathway towards low greenhouse gas emissions and climate-resilient development."
Countries furthermore aim to reach "global peaking of greenhouse gas emissions as soon as possible". The agreement has been described as an incentive for and driver of fossil fuel divestment.[9][10]

how binding were the agreements?
Understand there are no penalties noted as such. Though the media hype about Trumps declaration to withdraw may be only that, hype. The US has entered into an agreement which effectively takes a presidential term to get out. Trump will have to be elected to a second term to actually make that happen, or his successor would have to uphold his declaration.

Article 28 of the agreement enables parties to withdraw from the agreement after sending withdrawal notifications to the depositary three years after the agreement goes into force in that country, and the withdrawal is effective one year after the depositary is notified.

On 1 June 2017, U.S. President Donald Trump announced that the United States would withdraw from the agreement.[75] In accordance with Article 28, as the agreement entered into force in the United States on 4 November 2016, the earliest possible effective withdrawal date for the United States cannot be earlier than 4 November 2020.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_Agreement
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 05:43:41 PM by Jack »

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #1198 on: June 02, 2017, 10:44:10 PM »
Had the impression it was about reducing greenhouse gasses, not necessarily temperatures, but Wikipedia says temperatures:
Aims
The aim of the convention is described in Article 2, "enhancing the implementation" of the UNFCCC through:[8]
"(a) Holding the increase in the global average temperature to well below 2 °C above pre-industrial levels and to pursue efforts to limit the temperature increase to 1.5 °C above pre-industrial levels, recognizing that this would significantly reduce the risks and impacts of climate change;(b) Increasing the ability to adapt to the adverse impacts of climate change and foster climate resilience and low greenhouse gas emissions development, in a manner that does not threaten food production;(c) Making finance flows consistent with a pathway towards low greenhouse gas emissions and climate-resilient development."
Countries furthermore aim to reach "global peaking of greenhouse gas emissions as soon as possible". The agreement has been described as an incentive for and driver of fossil fuel divestment.[9][10]

how binding were the agreements?
Understand there are no penalties noted as such. Though the media hype about Trumps declaration to withdraw may be only that, hype. The US has entered into an agreement which effectively takes a presidential term to get out. Trump will have to be elected to a second term to actually make that happen, or his successor would have to uphold his declaration.

Article 28 of the agreement enables parties to withdraw from the agreement after sending withdrawal notifications to the depositary three years after the agreement goes into force in that country, and the withdrawal is effective one year after the depositary is notified.

On 1 June 2017, U.S. President Donald Trump announced that the United States would withdraw from the agreement.[75] In accordance with Article 28, as the agreement entered into force in the United States on 4 November 2016, the earliest possible effective withdrawal date for the United States cannot be earlier than 4 November 2020.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_Agreement

...Reducing emissions, which in turn reduces the greenhouse gasses which effect the temperature.

So far a total of 180 mayors from different cities have joined in and voiced that they will NOT withdraw from the agreement since his announcement to withdraw...more are expressing that they will follow.

Leaders are taking things into their own hands at a state level...and other countries have been echoing the 2020 date.

https://medium.com/@ClimateMayors/climate-mayors-commit-to-adopt-honor-and-uphold-paris-climate-agreement-goals-ba566e260097

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1199 on: June 03, 2017, 01:37:53 AM »
It's one more nail in his coffin. He won't be re-elected, should he last the whole first term (which I seriously doubt).

- Albert Einstein