Author Topic: Could be Trump?  (Read 19569 times)

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
Re: Could be Trump?
« Reply #1110 on: April 14, 2017, 05:29:53 PM »
I might have started "the climate change frenzy" on my own.
 :green:

Odeon said it's my fault.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1111 on: April 14, 2017, 09:52:17 PM »

I said that I was one of the first common folk to notice it. I showed everyone I knew. Most did not see anything out of the ordinary, but then I pushed the  "snowball"  downhill.

I insist that I started it!!
 8)
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1112 on: April 14, 2017, 10:05:11 PM »
Some of it, but my wife's job includes full family insurance coverage under a group insurance plan and finding anything even marginally comparable to the massive coverage we enjoy would cost us well over twenty thousand dollars per year to upkeep on our own.
Yes, insurance without an employer contributing is expensive, some people don't have an employer option and people who can afford it have to pay it. Still don't believe anyone's existing insurance premiums and deductibles increased by 21,500 per year because of Obamacare.

Probably not.

I was talking about the market value of our insurance if we were not a part of a giant group of insurance buying individuals. We are very glad to have what we do have.  Thank the gods that we do not have to buy our own insurance under the current system.

I have tried to and have had to buy my own insurance in the past. It was terribly expensive without an employer taking up half the cost or being a part of a huge buying group or having one hundred percent of the cost taken up by an e,ployer in the case of my wife's employer. 

Those with dodgy jobs working their way out of poverty can not afford even the least bit of health care these days without some help.
Obamacare helps some people and ditching it is a mistake, but working out the flaws is a way toward the benefit of everyone who makes a median level salary.

DO not think for a second that I do not know what it is to provide for a family with only one income and living without the safety net of a health care plan. I have been there. Fortunately, those times are well behind us, but I can still understand what the people with less income are going through.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 10:08:36 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1113 on: April 14, 2017, 10:12:59 PM »

:laugh:

I do not have to think much. That damn thing is one helluva dangerous clit!!

I am scared to touch it!

:hide:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1114 on: April 15, 2017, 01:25:40 AM »
Al: sorry, I don't have all morning to read posts, especially not ones where you're still evading after that disaster of a post. It's painfully obvious that you're talking out of your arse.

Next.

There was nothing disastrous about either of my posts and it begs a question. IF you did not read my last post as you imply here then under what pretext do you claim that I am evading something in the post? No? You are talking out of your arse aren't you?

I think a good rule of thumb is what you project on others are your own faults that you are intimate with and cast off yourself onto others.

Your disaster of a post made it obvious that a) you have problems articulating clearly (because I wasn't the only one to read it the way I did) and b) you don't have a clue about the subject.

This would be the opportunity for you to clearly state your views on climate change (as in caused by man).

Nope, you and not only you, get resistant to ANYTHING that does not say something along the lines of "Every change in climate is due to man-made climate change and man is ultimately responsible for everything bad in the climate".

If I say ANYTHING is up for question you stop reading or comprehending and YOUR inability to push yourself to see exactly what I have said reinforces your erroneous position. I hardly think that is on me.

Where did I say "every change"? I do imply "most" because science very strongly supports that conclusion (and yes, I do understand the science), but I did not say "every change"

So yes, this is on you, your inability to articulate and your inability to understand the evidence. I'd stop if I were you because you are embarrassing yourself.

Oh please, you are figuratively donning a clownsuit, wig, and red nose and then pointing at me and saying "Look at the size of that guy's shoes".

I think I can hold up just fine.

I am enjoying your efforts. So I am inarticulate and a climate denialist or was it a climate change skeptic? I do not have a problem with you holding any stupid opinion that you hold nor do I have an issue with your inability to comprehend what I write or for you to make silly claims. HOWEVER, this is I2 and now comes the bit where you can back yourself.

You may wonder what there is to back (In fact I more than suspect in your enthusiasm to throw accusations and condescend, you did not read well enough to know what I said)?

What scientific claims specifically have I said were not true?
Which scientifically proven man-made climate change have I said are incorrect (and be specific)?
Have I said at any stage that Man made climate change is not real?
Which Scientist have I disputed (be specific)?

So, no Odeon, you do not get to fall back on vague and/or condescending dismissals. You get to simply back your claims. If you can't I will press for a callout.

See my previous replies. :yawn:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1115 on: April 15, 2017, 01:28:04 AM »
Apparently, the MOAB killed 36 people.

How do they know?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #1116 on: April 15, 2017, 02:56:57 AM »
Al: sorry, I don't have all morning to read posts, especially not ones where you're still evading after that disaster of a post. It's painfully obvious that you're talking out of your arse.

Next.

There was nothing disastrous about either of my posts and it begs a question. IF you did not read my last post as you imply here then under what pretext do you claim that I am evading something in the post? No? You are talking out of your arse aren't you?

I think a good rule of thumb is what you project on others are your own faults that you are intimate with and cast off yourself onto others.

Your disaster of a post made it obvious that a) you have problems articulating clearly (because I wasn't the only one to read it the way I did) and b) you don't have a clue about the subject.

This would be the opportunity for you to clearly state your views on climate change (as in caused by man).

Nope, you and not only you, get resistant to ANYTHING that does not say something along the lines of "Every change in climate is due to man-made climate change and man is ultimately responsible for everything bad in the climate".

If I say ANYTHING is up for question you stop reading or comprehending and YOUR inability to push yourself to see exactly what I have said reinforces your erroneous position. I hardly think that is on me.

Where did I say "every change"? I do imply "most" because science very strongly supports that conclusion (and yes, I do understand the science), but I did not say "every change"

So yes, this is on you, your inability to articulate and your inability to understand the evidence. I'd stop if I were you because you are embarrassing yourself.

Oh please, you are figuratively donning a clownsuit, wig, and red nose and then pointing at me and saying "Look at the size of that guy's shoes".

I think I can hold up just fine.

I am enjoying your efforts. So I am inarticulate and a climate denialist or was it a climate change skeptic? I do not have a problem with you holding any stupid opinion that you hold nor do I have an issue with your inability to comprehend what I write or for you to make silly claims. HOWEVER, this is I2 and now comes the bit where you can back yourself.

You may wonder what there is to back (In fact I more than suspect in your enthusiasm to throw accusations and condescend, you did not read well enough to know what I said)?

What scientific claims specifically have I said were not true?
Which scientifically proven man-made climate change have I said are incorrect (and be specific)?
Have I said at any stage that Man made climate change is not real?
Which Scientist have I disputed (be specific)?

So, no Odeon, you do not get to fall back on vague and/or condescending dismissals. You get to simply back your claims. If you can't I will press for a callout.

See my previous replies. :yawn:

I saw them and responded to them. They were shit replies and did not answer this or my previous replies. Why are you fucking hopeless and cannot answer these questions, Odeon?

I think it is time for a callout. This really ought to have been avoided. Because we know where this is heading again. We should be avoiding it
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1117 on: April 15, 2017, 05:44:01 AM »

How do they know?
killed 96

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1118 on: April 15, 2017, 05:52:33 AM »

How do they know?
killed 96

I will refrain from saying good until I am sure they are all the people that deserve to be killed rather than innocents. IF they are all ISIS and the like then I am happy enough.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #1119 on: April 15, 2017, 06:31:44 AM »

I said that I was one of the first common folk to notice it. I showed everyone I knew. Most did not see anything out of the ordinary, but then I pushed the  "snowball"  downhill.

8)

Oh okay, you're saying you started the noticing. I thought you were trying to take my credit for causing it.  :zoinks:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #1120 on: April 15, 2017, 06:39:47 AM »

How do they know?
killed 96

OMG SKYBLUE1 IS BACK!! :GA:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1121 on: April 15, 2017, 10:22:22 AM »

8)

Oh okay, you're saying you started the noticing. I thought you were trying to take my credit for causing it.  :zoinks:

Not even that.
 I am saying that I am the first non-educated (High School drop out here. I dumped my senior year with a month to go to run off and join a rock band), gun-toting (I actually own enough effective firearms to arm my entire neighborhood, if the need exists and enough ammo set by to maintain and sustain an extended "cruise" if necessary) self reliant (grow much of our own food, hunt and gather), republican voting often (Maybe too often at times, but I look for truth in a candidate), conservative living (I do not run down the street giving everyone else my money. I have raised my kids to be self reliant and not depend on the G'vment and to follow the Golden Rule FFS!).

I would like to know how digging holes, fucking anything that,  well ... whatever, stealing grain and hay from those who grow it and being great long range targets for drunken shooters caused the phenomenon we have come to know as Global Climate Change.

I know that Odeon knows things that we do not, but please, identify the connection.
 :nerdy:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1122 on: April 15, 2017, 03:28:21 PM »

How do they know?
killed 96

My question stands. Do they count body parts?

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1123 on: April 15, 2017, 04:19:57 PM »
I'm wondering about the MOAB, though. Are they seriously thinking they can do any real damage this way?

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1124 on: April 15, 2017, 08:41:14 PM »
I'm wondering about the MOAB, though. Are they seriously thinking they can do any real damage this way?

No, that is not my understanding. 20 MOAB have a shelf life which ends next year. They are great at causing networks of tunnels in mountainsides to collapse and apparently the noise and blast have a bit of a chilling effect. THAT was my understanding.