Author Topic: Could be Trump?  (Read 19606 times)

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Re: Could be Trump?
« Reply #915 on: March 27, 2017, 08:41:16 PM »
At least give the free market a try before Uncle Sam has to do it all by himself.
In order for health insurance to work for everyone, then everyone has to work with it; there's probably no way around that other than taking measures to destroy the industry and move on to something else entirely. The industry simply needs plenty of people who pay in more than they use, to accommodate those who use more than they pay. Uncle Sam fixed it the only way they know how, and those who can have to make up for those who can't, because it works. Uninsured rates are down to 8%, and about half of those people are millenials. Seems a fair portion of the nation's young and healthy are balking at the new system and making things difficult by opting to take the tax penalty because it's cheaper than insurance. Damn democratic kids need to get with the program. :laugh:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 08:55:08 PM by Jack »

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #916 on: March 27, 2017, 11:07:35 PM »
At least give the free market a try before Uncle Sam has to do it all by himself.
In order for health insurance to work for everyone, then everyone has to work with it; there's probably no way around that other than taking measures to destroy the industry and move on to something else entirely. The industry simply needs plenty of people who pay in more than they use, to accommodate those who use more than they pay. Uncle Sam fixed it the only way they know how, and those who can have to make up for those who can't, because it works. Uninsured rates are down to 8%, and about half of those people are millenials. Seems a fair portion of the nation's young and healthy are balking at the new system and making things difficult by opting to take the tax penalty because it's cheaper than insurance. Damn democratic kids need to get with the program. :laugh:

Yeah and most of those do not support families, YET!
Going from  :wanker:  to OMG  IT'S A BABY!!  changes people.

I still do not think that the big money insurance companies have been given free rein to compete fairly in a dynamic marketplace. I do not mind a bit of Uncle Sam holding the reins and even jerking a bit from time to time but to hobble a massive industry with (Fucking R word) restrictions is insane and we all know this.

If you think that having the federal government control about one fifth of the national economy is a "kind of"  good thing then you and I will have to agree to disagree, Period.

There HAS to be a better way!

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #917 on: March 27, 2017, 11:54:53 PM »
It's interesting to note that you seem to live in some sort of denial over what Trump is and what he does, Al. I don't know why, exactly, considering that you say you don't care.

Interesting is the word. All of this American politics at the moment is interesting. Everyday 3 or 4 things are on the go.

What is happening in Australian politics? Does anyone know or care? Is it interesting?

I could not tell you the Swedish prime minister's name.

So is interested the same as caring about something? Not by the definition you care to associate my interest.

As to being in denial about what or whom Trump is, that is an interesting assertion.

By what metric do you gauge objectively my understanding or your undrrstanding or as to which of us has the better understanding of this person we know from tv?

You don't have one? It was your belief/feeling/subjective opinion? Okay, thanks for sharing

I tend to agree on a few points.

I mean who the fuck gives a (straight, mind you) fuck about other foreign leaders?

It feels a bit embarrassing that an abject foreigner who lives in motherfucking Australia FFS seems to know more about our big players than the average US citizen.

I cringe! There are so many here putting up signs in people's yards to support something they were told was "cool" or the opposite and half of them know nothing about what they decide to support.

I could blame our news media. Remember the great ancient, but more current than ever before words from Thomas Jefferson about when the citizenry is well informed they can be trusted to govern themselves, but when things go wrong they should know and be trusted to set things right again and I have to paraphrase, since it has been about fifty years since I last read Jefferson. This assumes an informed public.

We do not have that in this day and age.!!

If you spend an hour per day reading what news you could in his day one knew everything there was to know, sort of, but today there is so much to read through to find an inkling of what you need to make decisions that might affect our futures, one becomes overwhelmed quickly.

Anyway, I applaud you for even knowing who our President is.
I remember my President talking to Prime Minister Turnbull about the refugee deal that was made with President Obama, but I could not go much deeper than that into your country's government.

I guess my question is WHY do even give a fuck about what is going on here?

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #918 on: March 28, 2017, 12:23:27 AM »
It's interesting to note that you seem to live in some sort of denial over what Trump is and what he does, Al. I don't know why, exactly, considering that you say you don't care.

Interesting is the word. All of this American politics at the moment is interesting. Everyday 3 or 4 things are on the go.

What is happening in Australian politics? Does anyone know or care? Is it interesting?

So is interested the same as caring about something? Not by the definition you care to associate my interest.

As to being in denial about what or whom Trump is, that is an interesting assertion.

By what metric do you gauge objectively my understanding or your undrrstanding or as to which of us has the better understanding of this person we know from tv?

You don't have one? It was your belief/feeling/subjective opinion? Okay, thanks for sharing

"Interested" will simply include whatever news there is. "Caring" will filter them according to some criteria. This thread alone offers many examples of the latter. But hey, I'm not judging, just observing.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #919 on: March 28, 2017, 12:30:10 AM »

Because it affects us all. Our guy, over here in Sweden, is an absolute moron, in my ever-so-humble opinion, but what he does or doesn't do barely affects me and most certainly not you or Al.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #920 on: March 28, 2017, 02:14:07 AM »

I tend to agree on a few points.

I mean who the fuck gives a (straight, mind you) fuck about other foreign leaders?

It feels a bit embarrassing that an abject foreigner who lives in motherfucking Australia FFS seems to know more about our big players than the average US citizen.

I cringe! There are so many here putting up signs in people's yards to support something they were told was "cool" or the opposite and half of them know nothing about what they decide to support.

I could blame our news media. Remember the great ancient, but more current than ever before words from Thomas Jefferson about when the citizenry is well informed they can be trusted to govern themselves, but when things go wrong they should know and be trusted to set things right again and I have to paraphrase, since it has been about fifty years since I last read Jefferson. This assumes an informed public.

We do not have that in this day and age.!!

If you spend an hour per day reading what news you could in his day one knew everything there was to know, sort of, but today there is so much to read through to find an inkling of what you need to make decisions that might affect our futures, one becomes overwhelmed quickly.

Anyway, I applaud you for even knowing who our President is.
I remember my President talking to Prime Minister Turnbull about the refugee deal that was made with President Obama, but I could not go much deeper than that into your country's government.

Turnbull had a whole heap of illegal immigrants he refused to let into Australia. Trump was running his Presidency strong on a "Don't want to let immigrants into the country". Obama wanted to piss off Trump by making sneaky payments to Iran, declassifying certain intelligence, and arranging with a desperate Pm to do this "refugee trade" by stealth.

So he would have known he got one over Trump through Obama and that it was a shit thing to do. "I do not want these illegals here so I will send them to America and sign it just bvefore the guy who does not want them either comes to power". It was a shit thing to do and he got shit for it. No biggie really.

Turnbull is a dickhead but no worst than most.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #921 on: March 28, 2017, 02:23:03 AM »

"Interested" will simply include whatever news there is. "Caring" will filter them according to some criteria. This thread alone offers many examples of the latter. But hey, I'm not judging, just observing.

Yup. No metric. I find many things interesting. Youtube videos of Ghosts and supernatural events and strange mysterious creatures caught on film. Interesting. Do I give a fuck if they are real or true or whatever? Nope. It's interesting and enjoyable. MMA wrestling - do I find that interesting? Absolutely. Do I care if they lose or win? No, someone will but it is the journey I like.
Then why on Earth if I will watch youtubes on these things, would I not watch ALL youtube videos irrespective of what was on them? See??? See Al? You care!

Righto then. So long as we are being honest in what we are trying to infer.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #922 on: March 28, 2017, 02:24:25 AM »

Because it affects us all. Our guy, over here in Sweden, is an absolute moron, in my ever-so-humble opinion, but what he does or doesn't do barely affects me and most certainly not you or Al.

In fact, I believe it affect both you and I, very little at all, but Dirt Dawg more so.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #923 on: March 28, 2017, 04:28:00 AM »
Yep, I'm done here.

Google is your friend...or your source of "fake news"...or can probably support whatever your reality wants to believe...somewhere.

I've got things to do and clothes to fold.

Since a few years newspapers here will not use anonymous sources anymore, though they may opt for not reveiling their source, while explaining why.

About a week ago there was a redactional article about how news from the USA was harder to check, because anonymous and thuis uncontrollable sources are common in USA news sources.

Gathering news can be hard and tricky.

At the moment my eyes are more on Erdogan than on Trump though.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #924 on: March 28, 2017, 04:48:34 AM »
Yeah and most of those do not support families, YET!
Going from  :wanker:  to OMG  IT'S A BABY!!  changes people.

I still do not think that the big money insurance companies have been given free rein to compete fairly in a dynamic marketplace. I do not mind a bit of Uncle Sam holding the reins and even jerking a bit from time to time but to hobble a massive industry with (Fucking R word) restrictions is insane and we all know this.

If you think that having the federal government control about one fifth of the national economy is a "kind of"  good thing then you and I will have to agree to disagree, Period.

There HAS to be a better way!
Having a baby changes people from not needing insurance to then needing it. The system needs people who don't need it. Won't agree government control is necessarily a good thing, but will agree it's a functioning thing. Will have to disagree with market changes making insurance work for everyone, because pre-existing condition clauses made insurance not work for a lot of people regardless if they could afford it or not. A lot of pre-existing conditions have jumped into the pool, so healthy people have to jump in too. Not convinced there's a better way that sill involves insurance.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #925 on: March 28, 2017, 10:28:11 AM »
Devin Nunes is Chairman of the Intelligence Committee that is investigating this.

He is 100% Trumpdog loyal.

He has given contradictory statements, disclosed classified information to the public and has been observed meeting on White House grounds in an attempt to keep the president "informed" on issues under investigation.

He has been asked to step down by other members due to his obvious inability to remain impartial in this investigation.

He refuses to do so.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #926 on: March 28, 2017, 12:02:19 PM »
Those 24 million people haven't got 'healthcare', they have insurance forced on them that they cannot afford.  There is only one company in certain states which means no competition to lower prices.  This needs to be changed.  I'm sure the house rejected Trump's plan because they care so dearly about all those people having 'healthcare'.  Surely has nothing to do with the money their insurance companyfriends will lose   ::)  hose 24 million people haven't got 'healthcare', they have insurance forced on them that they cannot afford.  There is only one company in certain states which means no competition to lower prices.  This needs to be changed.  I'm sure the house rejected Trump's plan because they care so dearly about all those people having 'healthcare'.  Surely has nothing to do with the money their insurance company friends will lose   ::)

Yes, it's just so much better to not have any healthcare at all.

Did I mention how pathetic you are?

It isn't 'healthcare' you fucking brain dead imbecile.  It is compulsory insurance.  Yes, in some cases it may have worked out better, but that depends on which state you are in.    Quite obviously, obombercare is not the answer.  Thanks to that clueless moron there was no cross state competition which would bring prices down.  Trump addressed this in his debates but you were too busy and retarded focusing on 'racism'.  You need help.
ever heard of minimum medical loss ratio? Yeah I didn't think so.

Please enlighten me?  Does it help if the minimum loss is still shit loads?
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #927 on: March 28, 2017, 12:03:34 PM »
Right now it is an "investigation".

I don't know what they have.

I do know that you can trace the ties, people are lying, and being caught in those lies...and a lot of those so called "fake" facts in the dossier can be verified by an kid under the age of 12 with search skills.

Neither do they  :lol1:

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #928 on: March 28, 2017, 12:07:31 PM »
You think he lost? How?

This was the first time he tried to achieve something without a presidential decree. He marketed himself as the dealmaker but couldn't close the deal in spite of having a Republican majority. Yeah, I'd say he lost.

But you know this.

This isn't about Trump winning, you childish fuck.  It's about people's lives.  Replacing nothing with something awful really isn't solving the issue.  Trump was blocked because he won, he won the election.  It wasn't blocked because these crooks care about people, they work for the business community, not normal people.  You're that ignorant, naive, retarded and closed minded that you genuinely believe evil psychotic killers like McCain blocked it because they care about people getting healthcare etc  :hahaha: 

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #929 on: March 28, 2017, 12:09:32 PM »
Yep, I'm done here.

Google is your friend...or your source of "fake news"...or can probably support whatever your reality wants to believe...somewhere.

I've got things to do and clothes to fold.

Since a few years newspapers here will not use anonymous sources anymore, though they may opt for not reveiling their source, while explaining why.

About a week ago there was a redactional article about how news from the USA was harder to check, because anonymous and thuis uncontrollable sources are common in USA news sources.

Gathering news can be hard and tricky.

At the moment my eyes are more on Erdogan than on Trump though.

As they should be.  A lot of simpletons are more interested in Trump tweeting.