Educational

Author Topic: Could be Trump?  (Read 19585 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Could be Trump?
« Reply #825 on: March 06, 2017, 01:28:46 AM »
I love it how people applauded his Tuesday speech, haling it as the second coming. Such a relief for his supporters to have him produce 140+ characters without making an utter fool of himself, just for once.

I bet that Tuesday is fondly remembered now. :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #826 on: March 06, 2017, 04:15:28 PM »
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #827 on: March 06, 2017, 05:46:27 PM »
I love it how people applauded his Tuesday speech, haling it as the second coming. Such a relief for his supporters to have him produce 140+ characters without making an utter fool of himself, just for once.

It was a good speech.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #828 on: March 06, 2017, 06:34:26 PM »
It really was and it did not detour away from the policies
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #829 on: March 06, 2017, 10:42:35 PM »

It was a good speech.

Even I will admit it was a pretty decent speech...for him, at least. 

...and then he had to go on twitter and fuck it up again.  :facepalm2:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #830 on: March 07, 2017, 12:47:08 AM »

It was a good speech.

I beg to differ. It was perceived as good simply because for the first time since taking the oath, his foot wasn't firmly planted in his mouth.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #831 on: March 07, 2017, 12:50:54 AM »

It was a good speech.

Even I will admit it was a pretty decent speech...for him, at least

...and then he had to go on twitter and fuck it up again.  :facepalm2:

^This.

The man has no credibility, so when he does a speech with some degree of coherence, it's perceived as great when it actually only meets what should be the minimum requirements for the office he holds.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #832 on: March 07, 2017, 02:04:28 AM »

It was a good speech.

I beg to differ. It was perceived as good simply because for the first time since taking the oath, his foot wasn't firmly planted in his mouth.

Not at all. If that were the case, he would not have energised millions of people through his previously speeches and nor would he have got through the 3 debates with Clinton as well as he did. You may not like his style (and I find it annoying more often than not) BUT I am also aware that what I find annoying and frustrating is not what others do). By any objective measure, he can't have done horribly in every speech. If that IS the case, he was never elected because he did horribly at every speech and the American Public in their millions did not elect him.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #833 on: March 07, 2017, 06:07:16 AM »

It was a good speech.

Didn't watch it, but rather read it, so it's possible his delivery wasn't good. The transcript was good.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #834 on: March 07, 2017, 11:29:04 AM »
What was the gist of it Jack? 
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #835 on: March 07, 2017, 02:45:03 PM »

It was a good speech.

Not at all. If that were the case, he would not have energised millions of people through his previously speeches and nor would he have got through the 3 debates with Clinton as well as he did. You may not like his style (and I find it annoying more often than not) BUT I am also aware that what I find annoying and frustrating is not what others do). By any objective measure, he can't have done horribly in every speech. If that IS the case, he was never elected because he did horribly at every speech and the American Public in their millions did not elect him.

I didn't say "horribly", you did. But I'll say this: people are stupid and deserve what they get.

- Albert Einstein

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #836 on: March 07, 2017, 04:16:51 PM »

It was a good speech.

I didn't say "horribly", you did. But I'll say this: people are stupid and deserve what they get.

You are stupid.  You only believe people are stupid because your TV told you so. 
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #837 on: March 07, 2017, 05:29:41 PM »
I can't even count the number of twitter
Trumpkins that didn't even know that the "Affordable care act" and "Obamacare" was one in the same.

People had to explain it to them...in very "simple" terms...and boy the ranting when they finally figured out no one was lying to them.

It was sad and funny at the same time. Not saying everyone that voted for him is stupid, many aren't, some just have a different agenda that I don't happen to share.

But dammn, I will say....he did seem to attract a massive number of bible thumping pinheads who where about 3 beers short of a 6 pak.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #838 on: March 07, 2017, 05:35:47 PM »
What was the gist of it Jack?
Most of it was focused on his major campaign promises, and progress thus far made toward achieving those goals. One thing personally disliked was the anecdotal stories; don't think any one person or entity can represent a national problem, or show their problem even exists as a sociological problem, so just don't like the narrow picture painted by the personal stories of individuals although it probably touches the hearts of others. Also didn't care for him mentioning the problems of other countries again, even if briefly; the US has it's own problems to care. Several of Trump's goals are economic and that's what impresses me. Wasn't a trump supporter during the campaign, but he's the president now and genuinely hope his administration is economically successful. Here's the full transcript if interested: http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/28/politics/donald-trump-speech-transcript-full-text/
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 05:59:51 PM by Jack »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #839 on: March 08, 2017, 01:35:17 AM »

It was a good speech.

You are stupid.  You only believe people are stupid because your TV told you so.

Thank you for proving my point.

- Albert Einstein