Educational

Author Topic: Could be Trump?  (Read 19633 times)

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
Re: Could be Trump?
« Reply #630 on: February 05, 2017, 02:50:48 PM »
Something that sprung up... might prove to be entertaining.

The Official White House Resistance Operation
http://www.potusstaff.com/index.html

Their twitter page...
https://twitter.com/RoguePOTUSStaff

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #631 on: February 05, 2017, 03:48:12 PM »
Something that sprung up... might prove to be entertaining.

The Official White House Resistance Operation
http://www.potusstaff.com/index.html

Their twitter page...
https://twitter.com/RoguePOTUSStaff

I am just wondering what they do when Trump, between tweeting snark at his detractors, pushes through with his agendas and ramrods through  House, Senate, Congresd and the Supreme Court and with the numbers in the Republican party to do so?

I do not think that the Democrats are worried he will do badly. If so the Trump supporters will turn against him, his results will be poor and yhe Democrats will clean his clock in the Mid Terms (next year?).

I think tbey are worried that he will do well. That his agenda will work and be successful.

America can survive a bad President and that will only strengthen the Democratic Party. At the moment, who is the democratic Figurehead? Hillary? Pelosi? Schumer?  Booker?, Ellison? Sanders? Apart from "Fuck with Trump" what have they got?

The Democrats cannot defeat Trump.  Trump can defeat Trump.

If Tge democeats wanted to do sonething that may actually make thungs difficult, they should woo McCain, McConnell,  Flake, Rubio, and Ryan. Work a the weak links in the RNC. Prep it for when or if Trump fails. Not if he lies, talks nonsense or does something silly or weird, but fails and looks vulnerable then press hard against something selective and important AND with some Republican backing.

That would have an effect. A big one. Thrashing around petulantly at everything and saying he is illegitimate is not working and only makes them look weak and ineffectual
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 03:50:38 PM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #632 on: February 06, 2017, 12:55:24 AM »
I think the current Democratic leadership will have problems defeating Trump, mainly because there isn't one at the moment. Obama left a huge hole when he left, so yeah, you're right. God knows they need a leader.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #633 on: February 06, 2017, 02:13:19 AM »
I think the current Democratic leadership will have problems defeating Trump, mainly because there isn't one at the moment. Obama left a huge hole when he left, so yeah, you're right. God knows they need a leader.

I honestly think Booker should step up. He is younger than Sanders, Warren or Pelosi or even Schumer for that matter and not as radical as Ellison.

As to his policies or personality,  hevis generally well liked in those circles and if he capitalises on this, who knows?

They are a bit of a trainwreck. They did not have any back up plan if Hillary lost.

McConnel, McCain, Flake, Ryan, Graham and Rubio all have their Liberal positions.  All slightly different and a lot shared. They are anti-Trump and tolerate him at best. They need to get less mindlessly activist (without protesting everything) and getting smart. Research to find all the positions these guys disagree with Trump on and make sensible cases for themselves.See if they can slip a few Republicans on crucial issues and see if the collective Democrat bloc with this handful will knock out the House/Senate majority.

How do you think Trump would react, how would that weaken the Republican party and how would it rally the beleaguered Democrat Party.

Instead they whine, bitch, and protest and set fires and beat people and such. all this helps Trump.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 02:15:41 AM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #634 on: February 06, 2017, 08:02:59 AM »
Trump can defeat Trump.
That, exactly.

They don't have to defeat Trump, all they have to do is make it hard enough for him...and he will self destruct...some of his intentions may have been good, but he is way too in-experienced and unstable.

Not just the Democrats that will be working at it either...Pence is just standing in the background I think and licking his lips with a few others and stoking the fires.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #635 on: February 06, 2017, 08:49:48 AM »
Trump can defeat Trump.
That, exactly.

They don't have to defeat Trump, all they have to do is make it hard enough for him...and he will self destruct...some of his intentions may have been good, but he is way too in-experienced and unstable.

Not just the Democrats that will be working at it either...Pence is just standing in the background I think and licking his lips with a few others and stoking the fires.

I think there is still those half of dozen big establishment anti-Trump contingent but I think Pence is not against trump in any way. I think as meek and mild as he appears, he will be a MUCH hardliner than Trump AND will unite the Republican party better than Trump has (not necessarily better than he will). I think Trump's son in law and Bannon and Jason Miller are going to keep him from making huge errors. I am sure he will say some crap or get stuff wrong or be a douchebag or clown or whatever on occasion BUT nothing that will knock him. They will keep him on track.

But imagine if on one of his big promises that he is going to get voted through has 4 or 5 or 6 members of his own party vote against him. Republicans have the majority BUT 5 or 5 people being minused from trump and going to a united Democrat party? He would not handle that well. The spinmasters and the calmers and influencers that help him negotiate policy and such would be rocked and trump would go off the deep end. The claims of traitors and picking of sides and fractures in the Republican party would start. Public sentiment may well take a beating depending on how crazy Trump would go. They would also turn on the Republican party traitors.

But not now. The Democrats need a figurehead to rally behind. They need to stop being outraged and thrashing at everything and blowing everything out of proportion. They have to pick their battles and fight smarter. Being crazy and lashing out at everything disperses the focus and makes the Left look crazy. Which they mostly are.

Personally, where I stand on things is that I have always considered myself Liberal. A classical Liberal (Perhaps more Libertarian depending on your definition) BUT the space I occupy has not shifted and yet is shared now with some holdout Liberals, Libertarians and plenty of moderate and right of centre Conservatives. I think that the Progressives are a bane and that this Trump term will clean a lot of the Progressives and strip them of their Authoritarianism and Control of the Left. I think that is great.

I think too that this gives the Left to realise that the identity politicking and shaming tactics and PC culture and Progress stack are not any longer a powerful consideration and that the Progressivism is NOT Classical Liberalism. One is Authoritarian and the other is not. I think it is time for the Liberals to take stock and to marginalise and minimise the influence of sweet old crazy,  Bernie and his lapdog Warren and the radical Ellison and the DNC race baiting cronies like Jackson and Sharpton and get smart. Get less radical and less disingenuous. Allow or freedom of ideas and make their side the reasoned and intellectual alternative. Don't get mad, get even.

The truth is that on average, Republicans and Conservatives are far more sane and persuasive than Liberals and Democrats. At the moment. A few years of eating humble pie, absorbing the loss and doing better and becoming stronger would be great. Thinning out the herd. Getting rid of dead wood.

I think it's important because these reasonable Conservatives winning continually as they are will not be reasonable forever. In 4,5 or 6 yearsof this, they will likely become powerful and become the excessively authoritarian polarised opposite of the Progressive Left and they will be the unreasonable basket cases. Liberals WILL come back.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #636 on: February 06, 2017, 10:46:26 AM »
Not sure...but this year especially will be interesting to watch.

Just the judge halting the travel ban for now was worthy of a 3-day twitter melt down.  :zoinks:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #637 on: February 06, 2017, 03:04:27 PM »

Obama wouldn't have done much better than Clinton.  Everyone was getting fed up with him.  He was just a lame duck and a killer. 
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #638 on: February 07, 2017, 01:18:49 AM »
Everyone? :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #639 on: February 07, 2017, 02:39:19 AM »

Obama wouldn't have done much better than Clinton.  Everyone was getting fed up with him.  He was just a lame duck and a killer.

I never used to read or watch much US Politics. Therefore Obama was an easy sell for me. George Bush was a cowboy and pretty dumb. Obama oozed Presidential.  He was so well spoken and articulate. His humour, intellect and demenour sold him as the ideal President.
Then when we deviated from his personality and visuals abd concentrated on how much and how he got things done and what agenda and policies hw had. I was disappointed.

Trump will be almost his opposite I think but will deliver policy and change.Might even be good.

if you could Transplant Trumps work ethic, persuasiveness, and ruthlessness with Obama's articulation and demenour, you have either a brilliant or dangerous man. Mayvr both

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #640 on: February 07, 2017, 03:52:37 PM »
Everyone? :P

Yeah, people on the left who bought his promises of change and end to wars.  And people on the right because their fake stories didn't work.  The military industrial complex will miss him because the US could blow up anyone or start proxy wars and pretty much no one would criticise Obama, because of his skin color. 
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #641 on: February 07, 2017, 04:07:21 PM »
https://twitter.com/RogueSNRadvisor/with_replies

Rogue POTUS Staff ‏@RoguePOTUSStaff Feb 6

@berkinstock Nobody knows how to turn on lights in Cabinet Room. Meetings are held in the dark.

Rogue POTUS Staff ‏@RoguePOTUSStaff Feb 6

@CAhernHodgson The sad part is that they're right next to the door. Would point this out, but this has been  a rare point of amusement.
74 replies 259 retweets 1,473 likes

Rogue WH Snr Advisor ‏@RogueSNRadvisor Feb 4

In FLA, Pres gorging on meatball subs & berating staff - WA judge has him flustered. Binge eats when anxious/mad. Prob 10,000 calories today

Rogue WH Snr Advisor ‏@RogueSNRadvisor Feb 6

Pres had to have suits re-fitted after binge eating in FLA all wknd. SB bad timing - staff said "...onion dip flowing like wine", fam... 1/2
4 replies 40 retweets 101 likes

Rogue WH Snr Advisor ‏@RogueSNRadvisor Feb 6

...concerned, consid enlisting Dr. Phil/Dr. Drew for emerg counseling; Pres not interested, threw taquito @ Eric Jr. 2/2
15 replies 36 retweets 121 likes

Rogue WH Snr Advisor ‏@RogueSNRadvisor 1d1 day ago

Pres in full rage mode 2day; talking abt "public firings" for some subjects of nytimes story. Had electrician brief staff on light switches.
23 replies 144 retweets 300 likes

If 1/2 of this stuff is legit, we're in deep shit.

:spitscreen:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #642 on: February 07, 2017, 05:26:48 PM »
Rogue WH Snr Advisor ‏@RogueSNRadvisor 2 hours ago

Pres plans 2 cut frmer FLOTUS "healthy lunch" plan - "...if everyone ate like me they'd all be President". Ate 20+ donut holes for lunch.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #643 on: February 07, 2017, 07:37:48 PM »
This insider sounds obsessed with food.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #644 on: February 07, 2017, 09:52:01 PM »
:laugh:

- Albert Einstein