Educational

Author Topic: Could be Trump?  (Read 19584 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Could be Trump?
« Reply #285 on: December 16, 2016, 02:18:39 AM »
I never knew making puns was a symptom.

Look on the bright side, now you can blame your awful sense of humor on brain damage.  :zoinks:

:tard:

What's your excuse?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #286 on: December 16, 2016, 02:36:58 PM »

Look on the bright side, now you can blame your awful sense of humor on brain damage.  :zoinks:

What's your excuse?

Brain damage. Did you forget already?  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #287 on: December 16, 2016, 02:44:25 PM »

What's your excuse?

Brain damage. Did you forget already?  :zoinks:

What's your excuse? :autism:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #288 on: December 16, 2016, 02:46:38 PM »
 :lol1:    :plus:

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #289 on: December 16, 2016, 05:51:30 PM »
Wow.  Not looked at this thread as I've been in hospital for a while, but it's turned into a study in racism, hatred and implanted fear.

Well after a comment like that, I can only assume you went in for brain surgery

:LMAO:

Well I've been open on here about my brain injuries, surgeries and the resulting brain damage left behind.  I didn't think it would ever be thrown back at me in a dumb arguement about politics.

But I guess you guys just found your level.

Have you talked about that? Never saw that but certainly it does explain your inability to comprehend some of what you seem to rail against.

The only things I've ever railed against are racism and sexism.  I'm not sure why that angered you so much.  Why don't you explain it to me.
Ever got that feeling that you're trying to teach a dog a card trick?

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #290 on: December 16, 2016, 06:19:28 PM »
The only things I've ever railed against are racism and sexism. 

And guns, you forgot about the guns.  :zoinks:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #291 on: December 16, 2016, 06:35:38 PM »
The only things I've ever railed against are racism and sexism.  I'm not sure why that angered you so much.  Why don't you explain it to me.

Seriously though, I can see how it would be confusing to see why you made a statement like that. Since you last posted in this thread it evolved into Pappy and Benji talking about other politicians and political processes, Jack crapping her pants about electoral civic duty, Icequeen and me posting stupid memes, while Al and Odeon insult each as usual, this time I think they might be fighting about Russian conspiracy theories but I'm not completely sure. So, I can't help but wonder what exactly was said for you to sum all that up into racism, hatred, and implanted fear. Who are you even talking about? :dunno:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #292 on: December 16, 2016, 10:29:12 PM »
Wow.  Not looked at this thread as I've been in hospital for a while, but it's turned into a study in racism, hatred and implanted fear.

Well after a comment like that, I can only assume you went in for brain surgery

:LMAO:

Well I've been open on here about my brain injuries, surgeries and the resulting brain damage left behind.  I didn't think it would ever be thrown back at me in a dumb arguement about politics.

But I guess you guys just found your level.

Have you talked about that? Never saw that but certainly it does explain your inability to comprehend some of what you seem to rail against.

It seems I have to explain it to you. Yes you have railed against racism and sexism. That unto itself is nothing particularly bad. I am sure most everyone here is against sexism and racism and so when someone "rails against" these things most people on here are going to be mostly on board. It is preaching to the converted.

So is that all you have done? No, it isn't. You have also ascribed racist and sexist intent or meaning behind things said on here when there was none. That I take some issue with. It looks like moral virtue signalling.

Before even going into things with you about how racist talk on or about Muslims or Muslim immigrants or radical Muslim extremists is or is not, I want to ask you which of these different and categorically different races is Muslim. (The hint here is that is they are all Muslim then attributing ANY talk about Muslims as "racist" is REALLY REALLY stupid):

You ONLY get one pick as to which of the above photos represents a Muslim BECAUSE if you take offence anyone talking in a way you did not appreciate about either Muslims or Muslim immigrants or radical Muslim extremists then railing against those people for being racist makes FUCK ALL sense UNLESS being Muslim is a race and so you need to be able to look at those pictures of self-proclaimed Muslims and show which RACE is exclusive to being Muslim.

Once you have embarrassed yourself here, we can move on to specific examples that you designate as racist and further embarrass yourself there.  I am all about the cringe factor. I like seeing snarky indignant no-nothings humiliate themselves.

I was very fortunate that you gheyed me a couple of times and were stupid enough to attribute the reason on one of these posts as "racism again. duh"

SO with context of what YOU said about

Remember: YOU asked for an explanation

I would not take it as a literal comment though.
Definitely not; it was just a funny thought, just like funny to think about the US and Mexican governments playing pingpong with criminals. Certainly there must be some nationalistic Mexicans though who might view those living in the US as some type of traitor, and fault the US for luring the capable. Similar to Americans who spout they're stealing our jobs, and thus Mexicans equally spouting they're stealing our workers. :laugh: Looked it up and they do indeed exist; good for them.

The larger point about how illegal immigration may adversely affect Mexico could be discussed. Of course an obvious counter would be that Enrique is unlikely to have sent money home to Mexico whereas Conseula and Ramon do and so do millions of other, to the tune of $28 billion a year.
28 billion is definitely a big number, but when considering it against the Mexican economy as a whole, it only amounts to about 2% of their GDP, so would assume Mexico would be fine without the US dollars sent home by immigrants. Also, when one takes that 28 billion and divides it by the number of Mexican immigrants in the US, it equates to about 2,300 per person each year. The average income of what is considered the Mexican middle class is about 20,000 USD per year, so the typical person sending money to Mexico is likely only helping to increase their family's standard of living by 10-20%. The Mexican economy has improved in the last decade, and that could partially be equated to the recession in the US. During the height of the recession from 07-09, more immigrants returned to Mexico than migrated to the US, and Mexico is no longer the top origin country among the most recent US immigrants. The Mexican unemployment rate is similar to the US, so it could be easily argued that US immigrants sending money to Mexico would be more beneficial to the Mexican economy if they were living and working in it.

Would certainly help Trump in his efforts to get rid of illegal immigrants by limiting their ability to send money hone, thereby reducing the amount of money leaving the US therefore Mexico "pays for the wall" and some illegal immigrants may decide in straw that broke the camel's back" fashion to go back to Mexico.

I think that would be great for his narrative, possibly less so for his agenda (I do think his  concern is the criminal element in the illegal immigrant population). I do not know whether it would be an economic plus or minus.

There is another thing too. Illegal immigrants are not one collective homogeneous grouping.. Whilst the Democrats like to trot out the best case examples of illegal immigrants and their families as either victim or sensational successes and Trump points out the worst of them, I'd imagine most fall somewhere in between.

I think some will bludge and some will work their arses off, some will put into the economy and some take out and some will be criminals and some will be saints.

So what racist thing have I said here?

Here is where people like you and Odeon fall into an ideological stonewall. Looking at an issue from all sides rather than taking an approved ideological position is NOT bigoted. My points above in discussion with Jack are completely pedestrian. Nothing inflammatory or bigoted. However to someone like yourself or Odeon, you WOULD say it IS bigoted. Why? Because I have not simply thrown my lot behind one approved narrative and tried to close down conversation.
So what HAVE I ACTUALLY said:

1) I have said that there are ABSOLUTELY people that come to US illegally and drain US resources

2) I have said that there are ABSOLUTELY people that come to US illegally and work their arses off

3) I have said that there is ABSOLUTELY people that come to US and who send billions of dollars back to Mexico of their earnings.

4) I have ABSOLUTELY said that Trump MAY look at restricting the ability of people in the US illegally from sending money out of the US and back home to Mexico, as a way of forcing the Mexican government to pay for the wall OR to use the funds themselves to pay for the wall.

5) You MAY have noticed I made reference to Trump doing this (and that the straw that may break the camel's back for some illegal immigrants would be said restrictions, forcing them to return home to Mexico) is that it would be good for his narrative but I feel LESS good for his agenda. I outline my reasons for that.

6) My contention is that the unemployed gangbangers and assorted criminal elements that come to America illegally from Mexico are not as likely to be hardworking undocumented workers that would be more likely to send their funds back home. IF Trump is looking to punish or hurt the criminal element in this population then focusing on depriving the hardworking but law abiding illegal immigrant's ability to send their savings home is NOT punishing the group he is primarily against. So whilst it is good for Trump's narrative of making Mexico pay for the wall and  such, it does not help his agenda because it is not targeting the group he has the biggest issue with. (ie It will look better to his supporters and make a better read than what it is in actuality)

7) The last point is that by looking at the illegal immigrants as one homogeneous group is something that both Trump and the Democrats do for political purposes and portraying all illegal immigrants as innocent victims who are victims of oppression is no more correct than Trump treating them as varying shades of bad and focusing almost exclusively on the bad elements in the group. Some ARE monsters and some are saints. Most are somewhere inbetween.

NONE of this is contentious and as I said, quite mundane. Where YOU freak out is I did not denounce Trump or any of his held positions and I did not support the Liberal positions. I simply presented both sides equally and THAT is your issue.

My position in truth is that a country ought to be able to control who enters. I also believe that it is a privilege rather than a right to go to another country. I also believe that the no-man's land between the South of US and Northern Mexico is the Wild West at the moment. It is an absolute shit show. 80% of illegal immigrant females are raped trying to cross and the Mexican cartels that run human trafficking, drug running and gun running are animals. The reason they do what they do around that area and with impunity, is that they are flaunting the fact that there is no wall.

Do I think that every illegal immigrant in US illegally is break the law? Yes. Should the laws of the US be enforced on them? Yes. Is it a travesty the law NOT getting enforced on them? No, not really. Ought criminals in that illegal immigrant community be deported when or if they do illegal things in US? Yes. I think they ought to (having come to the US illegally in the first place) keep their head down and not draw ANY attention to themselves. Here is an example of something similar. Lets say that I choose to move to Thailand and go on a 30 day visa, but after it runs out, I just do not do anything about it. Now within that time I may have already set up a Thai bank account and go a condo, and I may have my own source of income coming in regularly outside of Thailand. Chances are that at some point and for some reason I will be found out and then fined and/or jailed and then deported. I would not flaunt this and I would not draw attention to myself because my overstay is already illegal and punishable. I am giving no reason to draw unwanted attention to myself. In doing so, I may go years without detection, but all it takes is a slip up or even a random road stop or altercation and suddenly the Thai government will come down very hard on me and rightly so. In THAT situation the Thai government is certainly in their rights. I would have done the wrong thing. I SHOULD get punished but on the face of it, it is no huge travesty. I am simply getting away with something I shouldn't.

So there is nothing racist in ANY of this. Insinuating as you are want to do, that all the conversations about illegal immigrants or Muslims that are not pandering to Liberal talking points is not bigoted and only a complete idiot would think so. 
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 02:53:18 AM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #293 on: December 16, 2016, 10:58:39 PM »

Seriously though, I can see how it would be confusing to see why you made a statement like that. Since you last posted in this thread it evolved into Pappy and Benji talking about other politicians and political processes, Jack crapping her pants about electoral civic duty, Icequeen and me posting stupid memes, while Al and Odeon insult each as usual, this time I think they might be fighting about Russian conspiracy theories but I'm not completely sure. So, I can't help but wonder what exactly was said for you to sum all that up into racism, hatred, and implanted fear. Who are you even talking about? :dunno:

All that 4AD knows how to do is bleat "4 legs good, 2 legs bad".  ::)

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #294 on: December 17, 2016, 12:46:05 AM »

All that 4AD knows how to do is bleat "4 legs good, 2 legs bad".  ::)

I agree. Four legs good!!  :zoinks:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #295 on: December 17, 2016, 12:58:04 AM »
I'm not going to quote your big giant post, Al, because it's so freaking big and giant.  :zoinks: But I get it now. When FourAceDeal said this thread, maybe he just forgot again :zoinks: and really meant some other thread, and maybe Jack's the one who has turned a thread into a study in racism, hatred and implanted fear.  :lol1:

Hey, FourAceDeal, ask Jack to step outside of all the stats for a minute and tell you what she really thinks about Mexicans. It's interesting good stuff, man, but you'll never find out by passively shouting at the walls around here. You'll have to address her directly.  :hahaha:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #296 on: December 17, 2016, 01:50:37 AM »
Jack hates everyone, and has the numbers to prove it. :M

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #297 on: December 17, 2016, 02:08:46 AM »

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #298 on: December 17, 2016, 03:08:40 AM »
I'm not going to quote your big giant post, Al, because it's so freaking big and giant.  :zoinks: But I get it now. When FourAceDeal said this thread, maybe he just forgot again :zoinks: and really meant some other thread, and maybe Jack's the one who has turned a thread into a study in racism, hatred and implanted fear.  :lol1:

Hey, FourAceDeal, ask Jack to step outside of all the stats for a minute and tell you what she really thinks about Mexicans. It's interesting good stuff, man, but you'll never find out by passively shouting at the walls around here. You'll have to address her directly.  :hahaha:

To be honest I get the ideology and the pull towards that. The want to festoon yourself with very fine threads of moral virtue signalling so that when fully clothed in your moral righteousness, others will see your very fine threads in the same light as you do and admire you. Unfortunately some of us have read the Emperor's New Clothes. We know its bullshit and will not out of good manners and political correctness pretend otherwise.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #299 on: December 17, 2016, 04:06:21 AM »
Another gigantic wall of text. Why do you still believe someone would ever wade through your ramblings? You're not particularly bright, you are a lousy debater and you are a bigot. And, these days, paranoid.

- Albert Einstein