Author Topic: Could be Trump?  (Read 19647 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Could be Trump?
« Reply #135 on: November 18, 2016, 12:52:29 AM »
Your naivety is endearing. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #136 on: November 18, 2016, 06:05:44 AM »
What are the things that Trump/Pence wants?
Iff he tries to get that policy through, What will that policy's end form look like in practical terms?
Wil it be good, bad or indifferent?

IMO, Trump wants deregulation of the financial industry because it will allow him to become richer faster. He's not young and he's probably been chafing against regulations for decades. Now he's in a position to change that, and anyone who thinks it's going to benefit the working class are dreaming.

Yep, Our British right wing have been wrapping things up in  a "we're on the side of the working class" rhetoric for decades. Regardless of what they claim to be their intentions, theitr policies invariably  result in the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer. Are they incompetent fools? Or are they disingenuous? I should think that the evidence for disingenuity is overwhelming by now.

How different is Trump? Lets see...he represents  a declaredly right-wing party (one up for honesty. Half of ours masquerade as  left wing) ; he's wealthy; his rhetoric  appeals to the working class; he believes that the State exerts too much control over all sorts of things, and he's gonna make everybody happier by fixing that.

Well, well, if we Brits can swallow that sort of thing, I'm sure anybody can, unfortunately.

Then again,, since the British right-wing took over the only other party that stood a real chance of opposing them , we didn't exactly have a choice. The Americans  ..ummm...ah.. :apondering: .had some sort of choice, supposedly

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #137 on: November 18, 2016, 06:33:40 AM »

Your confirmation bias and ideologically blindness is sad.  :-[
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #138 on: November 18, 2016, 02:38:00 PM »

/pecks Al on the cheek

You're just so nice. Fucked-up grammar but still...
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #139 on: November 18, 2016, 02:41:08 PM »
Trump's  :viking:

Trump's smart enough to put Pence as his Vice for some kind of insurance.  It's like 'if you kill me, you get him'. 
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #140 on: November 18, 2016, 02:43:02 PM »

Trump's smart enough to put Pence as his Vice for some kind of insurance.  It's like 'if you kill me, you get him'.

The really stupid seldom pick anyone smarter.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #141 on: November 18, 2016, 02:43:17 PM »

:laugh:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #142 on: November 18, 2016, 02:44:37 PM »

You really are thick.  Why would he pick a Vice that's smarter than him? 
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #143 on: November 18, 2016, 02:48:37 PM »

You really are thick.  Why would he pick a Vice that's smarter than him?

Wow, you caught on immediately. That razor-sharp brain of yours.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #144 on: November 18, 2016, 05:00:24 PM »
 :rofl:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #145 on: November 18, 2016, 05:02:38 PM »

I saw this article and thought of you and you love of Trump

Why Donald Trump Could Be the Most Pro-Israel President in a Generation

here is still plenty of uncertainty surrounding what exactly a Trump administration will look like, but one thing is not up for debate: Donald Trump could be the most pro-Israel commander in chief in modern history.

Jewish state has long held a “special relationship” with the United States, however that relationship has been put under immense strain by the Obama administration's controversial policies toward Israel. The outgoing administration has regularly clashed with the leaders of the Jewish State, demanding territorial concessions to the Hamas-led Palestinians in the Gaza Strip, bluntly snubbing Netanyahu in the White House, brokering the deeply unpopular Iran Nuclear Deal and refusing to move the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem, a huge victory for the Palestinian State which lays claim to the Holy City.
  Link
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #146 on: November 18, 2016, 07:17:27 PM »
Iff he tries to get that policy through, What will that policy's end form look like in practical terms?

IMO, Trump wants deregulation of the financial industry because it will allow him to become richer faster. He's not young and he's probably been chafing against regulations for decades. Now he's in a position to change that, and anyone who thinks it's going to benefit the working class are dreaming.

Nope. He is taking a $1/year salary and his business will go to hos kids.. Many people are looking for secret agendas that do not exist.
Once you cut away those things and adhere to the understanding that what he is doing is not for his benefit nor for a Clintonesque graft, it will frame things better.

Wont mean end results will be necessarily better mind you. The road to Hell is paved.....

How he wants to change policies has nothing to do with whether he takes a salary as president. Any salary they could give him is peanuts against his investments. And of course his business will go to his kids, he can't take it with him when he dies. But why would he suddenly stop trying to earn money when it's been the theme of his life so far?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #147 on: November 18, 2016, 08:18:39 PM »

Nope. He is taking a $1/year salary and his business will go to hos kids.. Many people are looking for secret agendas that do not exist.
Once you cut away those things and adhere to the understanding that what he is doing is not for his benefit nor for a Clintonesque graft, it will frame things better.

Wont mean end results will be necessarily better mind you. The road to Hell is paved.....

How he wants to change policies has nothing to do with whether he takes a salary as president. Any salary they could give him is peanuts against his investments. And of course his business will go to his kids, he can't take it with him when he dies. But why would he suddenly stop trying to earn money when it's been the theme of his life so far?

Because another unreported on theme, is that for the last 20 years, he has stated that he thinks America is failing and making bad choices. He has said that he wants someone else to come in and fix it , but if it got too bad, he would.  He also contrasted this with saying he did not want to be President as he considered it a mean life and he enjoyed what he did.

He is doing this for others and not himself or his business or Brand

The thing is people are doubting his sincerity. I think this is a mistake. I think once people can get past this, then there is the real question:

"If he IS genuine (and let's assume for the sake of things that he is), then he has just been given a Hell of a lot of power to fulfill these ideas, then will his ideas when fleshed out and given form and effect, be scary or good?"

Honestly it could be either really great or really terrible. We simply don't know. The best we CAN assume is that the his best intentions will translate to good ends because IF they don't he will do bad things with both impunity and with moral conviction.
THAT could be a horrific. But we simply do not know how it will play out. Even ideas that seem reasonable prior to being fleshed out and run through the mill and then compromised and altered to pass into policy and with many people with their fingers in it and their little alterations.....and what was a simple and good idea may devolve into something abhorrent.

I still am not alarmist over it, I simply don't know. I literally cannot judge it. I just do not think the secret agenda theories hold any water.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 03:06:25 AM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #148 on: November 19, 2016, 03:12:36 AM »

/pecks Al on the cheek

You're just so nice. Fucked-up grammar but still...

....but still making more sense than you. I know I make more sense than you, Odeon. You are fighting to defend Muslims and no one on here is fighting that battle against you. You are just too stupid to see what we are fighting and not fighting.

Which of us here is attacking Muslims? Which of us here are attacking Muslim radical extremists? Which of us say that ALL Muslims are bad because of the actions of a few?

You are defending against positions that we do not hold, and thinking you are morally superior for doing so, you fucking moron.

If you are having a hard time processing this, that is on you. You are not more moral. You are just more stupid.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #149 on: November 19, 2016, 08:08:22 AM »
 :poo:

:yawn: