Author Topic: Could be Trump?  (Read 19486 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Could be Trump?
« Reply #930 on: March 28, 2017, 12:12:00 PM »
I guess my question is WHY do even give a fuck about what is going on here?

Because it affects us all. Our guy, over here in Sweden, is an absolute moron, in my ever-so-humble opinion, but what he does or doesn't do barely affects me and most certainly not you or Al.

In fact, I believe it affect both you and I, very little at all, but Dirt Dawg more so.

Oh, it affects DD more than us, but make no mistake, it affects us. Google it.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #931 on: March 28, 2017, 12:15:21 PM »
You think he lost? How?

This was the first time he tried to achieve something without a presidential decree. He marketed himself as the dealmaker but couldn't close the deal in spite of having a Republican majority. Yeah, I'd say he lost.

But you know this.

This isn't about Trump winning, you childish fuck.  It's about people's lives.  Replacing nothing with something awful really isn't solving the issue.  Trump was blocked because he won, he won the election.  It wasn't blocked because these crooks care about people, they work for the business community, not normal people.  You're that ignorant, naive, retarded and closed minded that you genuinely believe evil psychotic killers like McCain blocked it because they care about people getting healthcare etc  :hahaha:

You're right in that this isn't about Trump winning. He lost. :M
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #932 on: March 28, 2017, 12:39:50 PM »
 :facepalm2:
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #933 on: March 28, 2017, 12:45:10 PM »
 :popcorn:

What took you so long benji? Did you get a life...or did you forget to check your email alerts?

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #934 on: March 28, 2017, 12:58:56 PM »
Well if I didn't have stuff to do I'd be checking my "email alerts" wouldn't I  :autism:   Sorry to keep you waiting.
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #935 on: March 28, 2017, 03:09:32 PM »
These Republicans just don't know when to quit, do they? Now Paul Ryan said that they'll try again with the Obamacare repeal! Jesus, one day, they said that they'll just wait until Obamacare "implodes", next day, they're all "NO WE CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER, WE GOTTA REPEAL OBAMACARE NOW NOW NOW!!!"

Fucking pathological lying assholes can't keep their story straight. The very same pathological lying assholes who will vote in favor of allowing ISP's to sell our Internet browsing data, today as of this post.

:facepalm2:

I fucking hate our government.

EDIT: Guess what? Your Internet history will soon now be sold to the highest bidder, and every single "yea" was from a Republican!

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/03/28/congress_approves_sale_of_internet_histories/

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2017/roll202.xml

BONUS: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/28/climate/trump-executive-order-climate-change.html

Our environment is fucked. Thanks, Trump. :grrr:
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 06:10:13 PM by Darksydegout »

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #936 on: March 28, 2017, 06:57:57 PM »

EDIT: Guess what? Your Internet history will soon now be sold to the highest bidder, and every single "yea" was from a Republican!

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/03/28/congress_approves_sale_of_internet_histories/

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2017/roll202.xml
This ruling was published 12/02/16 so the telecommunications industry already had the legal right to sell people's information. https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2016/12/02/2016-28006/protecting-the-privacy-of-customers-of-broadband-and-other-telecommunications-services If anyone wanted this ruling to stick, they would have published it sooner; they had years to do that. When an outgoing administration bypasses congress and tosses new rulings over the fence during its final days, a new congress has the right to vote to revoke them. Basically what this means is, nothing has changed.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #937 on: March 28, 2017, 07:09:24 PM »

BONUS: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/28/climate/trump-executive-order-climate-change.html

Our environment is fucked. Thanks, Trump. :grrr:
This article makes it sound like it doesn't matter what Trump tries to do. There's other laws in place which this executive order can't compete against.

Legal experts say it could take years for the E.P.A. administrator to carry out the process of withdrawing and revising the climate change regulations, and the process will be hit by legal challenges at every turn. A coalition of states, including New York and California, has already vowed to fight Mr. Trump.

Attorney General Eric T. Schneiderman of New York said he was preparing to challenge any effort to do away with regulations on greenhouse gas emissions. Such a move, he argued, violated the Clean Air Act, as well as established case law.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #938 on: March 28, 2017, 07:33:59 PM »
Was just pricing coal online the other day, anthracite to be specific. Not actually going to buy coal, and live in paradise with no need for coal, but still know how much a 10 year supply of coal would cost and the spatial dimensions needed to store it. :laugh:
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 09:10:28 PM by Jack »

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #939 on: March 28, 2017, 08:42:05 PM »
Does it help if the minimum loss is still shit loads?
Yes, it does. It also means competition has been rendered pointless.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #940 on: March 28, 2017, 08:59:45 PM »
Was just pricing coal online the other day, anthracite to be specific. Not actually going to buy coal, and live in paradise with no need for coal, but still know how much a 10 year supply of coal would cost and the special dimensions needed to store it. :laugh:

Believe it or not, about 25 or so miles downriver on the east bank of the Mississippi there is a coal storage lot(?).  The coal is stored in the open between River Road and the river.   About 200 feet to the left of River Road there is a marsh.   I never thought I would see coal so far from the mountains in such a hot climate just a throw away from the swamp.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #941 on: March 28, 2017, 09:20:10 PM »
Was just pricing coal online the other day, anthracite to be specific. Not actually going to buy coal, and live in paradise with no need for coal, but still know how much a 10 year supply of coal would cost and the special dimensions needed to store it. :laugh:

Believe it or not, about 25 or so miles downriver on the east bank of the Mississippi there is a coal storage lot(?).  The coal is stored in the open between River Road and the river.   About 200 feet to the left of River Road there is a marsh.   I never thought I would see coal so far from the mountains in such a hot climate just a throw away from the swamp.
Apparently 93% of all coal use in the US is used by utilities companies for generating electricity, so that might be what it's for, that or steel production.

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #942 on: March 29, 2017, 07:41:19 AM »
On a "lighter" note, here's a robot that automatically prints and burns copies of Trump's tweets.

http://imgur.com/9fRUylO

:zoinks:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #943 on: March 29, 2017, 08:11:16 AM »
Devin Nunes is Chairman of the Intelligence Committee that is investigating this.

He is 100% Trumpdog loyal.

He has given contradictory statements, disclosed classified information to the public and has been observed meeting on White House grounds in an attempt to keep the president "informed" on issues under investigation.

He has been asked to step down by other members due to his obvious inability to remain impartial in this investigation.

He refuses to do so.

Ha, I know that when Amy Schumer's favourite unclue, Chuck Schumer, is not berating Manhattan restaurant goers, he is going to do his very best to denounce all Republican's and everything they do. You know IF the Democrats were in the same position that the Democrats are in, The Republicans would likely be doing the same. It's what the opposition party does.

The truth is that there are three issues that are being too often conflated. There is an issue of surveillance/wiretapping/spying on one Candidate/President Elect's administration by the outgoing President's Administration, There are the leaks out of the White House and there are the accusations of Trump and his team colluding with the Russians to influence the outcome of the election.

Devin Nunes DID report the findings of one of those investigations to Trump. President Trump as the Commander in Chief of the nation is certainly in a need to know position. Now here is the thing. Liberals and Democrats, do not like that Trump is able to be informed. They want him powerless, uninformed, or misinformed and throttled. Devin Nunes is simply treating him like thePresident of the United States of America, which he actually is, despite any wishings that he was not. That does not make Devin Nunes incompetent, nor a Trumpdog and it would be wrong to assert that.

I actually have an idea that Democrats and many Liberals do not actually care too much about what if President Trump does a bad job. If he does a bad job, then they will have something to point to and the Republicans that he is hanging onto with his fingernails will round on him. Sentiment from his fan base will turn against him. He may get impeached and he may get impeached. 2018 would be a big one in the mid-year elections and both the Republicans and the Democrats would block near on anything he said......................If he did a bad job. All of that would be great for the leaderless Democrats, right?

Now let's look at things the other way. What if, despite every accusation and smear, he did a GREAT job? How are those mid-years going to go? How credible will those Liberal Talking Heads look? How strong will the Democratic party look? How disempowered would Trump be? How disempowered would the Republican party be?

I think the Democrats are shitting themselves that he will be a great President. Personally, I think the court is out. Too early and he ha not been given a enough free rope to see if he hangs himself or does something impressive.

I really think that the Democrats need to really be a little less on the attack and be a little more self-reflective. They need to organise who is going to lead them. There are so many losers amoung them (plenty on the other side too BUT the other side has all the power). Bernie, Warren, Waters and Pelosi and old kooks and have embarrassed themselves.
I think that the young blood up and coming is the best  (that does not include Franken - I thought he had potential and he kept being silly). Old Joe Biden? Too old. Chuck Schumer? I have mixed feelings. I give him a little more rope than the others because he is half-way bright and has a very difficult job. He is disingenuous and all but he has a difficult position. Keith Ellison is a radical. I think Booker and Duckworth are amoung the better ones. I think Booker being young and without a history of making an ass out of himself MAY be teh ticket if he sticks with his moderate voice and is in it for the long haul.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #944 on: March 29, 2017, 11:05:51 AM »

Apparently 93% of all coal use in the US is used by utilities companies for generating electricity, so that might be what it's for, that or steel production.

Yeah.  I assume it's being stored there awaiting shipment to some utility plant overseas.  Since there's no railroad nearby, it's transported by ship.  So is it possible it's coming in from overseas? I've never seen any activity there.  But I haven't been down to Plaquemines Parish since before 2000.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 11:07:55 AM by Queen Victoria »
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv: