Author Topic: Could be Trump?  (Read 19784 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Could be Trump?
« Reply #840 on: March 08, 2017, 07:12:16 AM »
You are stupid.  You only believe people are stupid because your TV told you so.

But maybe your judgment of other people's stupidity is also questionable. 
   Maybe we're all compromised.  Maybe we're all brainwashed.  :borg: :borg: :borg:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #841 on: March 08, 2017, 11:35:36 AM »
I AM SO SICK OF THE CALCULATED, DISTRACTING SIDE SHOW THAT IS THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION.

It's like a freaking magician is fooling us with bells and whistles, glitz and glamour, hurly-burly, and slight of word communications to hide some evil master plan. 

I want to just divorce myself from the mess, but I believe that's what he wants all of us to do.  Anyone who doesn't agree should just shut up and let the MANCHILD who knows what's best handle the world.

If this is an act then I pray for us.  If this isn't an act then I pray harder for us.

A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #842 on: March 09, 2017, 01:16:41 AM »
It's a novel new strategy. "If I make myself look like a complete idiot, people will eventually stop caring and I can do what I want."

But if you are clever enough to pull it off, why not make yourself look good and then do what you want?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #843 on: March 09, 2017, 06:36:03 AM »
He is actually doing what he was elected into office to do. Many agree with it and as many don't. But it is hardly sneaky or secretive or even silly.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #844 on: March 09, 2017, 06:50:28 AM »
Any idiot can write a memo.

What he's not doing though is thinking out the details, and as a result could end up hurting a large number of people in the process.

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #845 on: March 09, 2017, 10:27:44 AM »
But those people are poor and don't matter. Right? ::)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #846 on: March 09, 2017, 10:52:23 AM »
I've said before that I will not criticize any president's decisions because he/she has access to information and data I don't have.  So, however distasteful it is to me, I do support(?) President Trump's decisions.  But I'm beginning to draw a distinction between classified information (usually foreign related matters) and data used to make decisions on domestic matters, which I assume is not usually classified.  If I don't agree with a domestic decision, I will write a brief letter saying why I would have preferred another decision.

What is wearing me down is President Trump's public persona, that of an angry and impetuous man.  Intelligence and information without wisdom are useless.  Intelligence and information without discipline are useless.  I guess what I'm saying is that I may or may not respect his decisions because of his seeming spontaneity .  I don't appreciate the side show and the atmosphere of chaos and what seems to be anger over anything that seems to conflict with his beliefs or actions. 

To anyone thinking of debating me on my position/thoughts:  I don't do dialogues, debates, spirited discussions, etc.  I'm not that capable at "arguing."  (In fact I'm piss poor at it.)  So, ahead of time:  I agree that your thoughts are right for you, just as mine are right for me.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #847 on: March 09, 2017, 04:43:01 PM »
I am just wondering, when the workd doesn't end, the country is verifiably better off under his leadership, and the allegations of corruption and such fizzle away to the nothing they were created from, are the ones who accused hin so vocally and emphatically going to have the strength of character to admit as vocally that it was not what he did or did not do, nor about him as a leader - they just did not like him as a person and were prepared to drag him down based solely on that dislike?

Bet they aren't prepared to do that.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #848 on: March 09, 2017, 06:06:43 PM »
I don't see it happening...and I'll admit, if he makes it to a full term...he would have to do a hell of a lot to impress me.

I see a 70 yr old man who is creating a lot of chaos because he can't think things through beyond their implementation...and acts like an out of control, vindictive 5 yr old that needs a time-out chair.

I understand he is inexperienced. But this isn't like fucking up at McDonald's during your first month on the job.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #849 on: March 09, 2017, 06:34:24 PM »
But those people are poor and don't matter. Right? ::)

Yeah, I think that's right.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #850 on: March 09, 2017, 07:00:57 PM »
I don't see it happening...and I'll admit, if he makes it to a full term...he would have to do a hell of a lot to impress me.

I see a 70 yr old man who is creating a lot of chaos because he can't think things through beyond their implementation...and acts like an out of control, vindictive 5 yr old that needs a time-out chair.

I understand he is inexperienced. But this isn't like fucking up at McDonald's during your first month on the job.

I guess that is what I am saying. the Democrats/Libersl/Press/Establishment Republicans are activelt combative and seeking to destroy him and he has the audacity to be that right back to them. (how dare hw).

But all of that aside, IF the effect of hid changes are better for the country,  who cares?

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #851 on: March 09, 2017, 09:40:26 PM »
That "IF" is a big "IF".

Right now he has created chaos through his words and actions both, and done nothing but fed the hatred that slept in the corners.

The changes he is purposing for healthcare might leave many doing without for the next 4 years because they won't be able to afford it...us maybe included. No, "Obamacare" isn't perfect, but this is looking far worse right now.

I will not be holding my breath waiting for him to "do something great".

Something great would be if he immigrated to Russia to kiss Putin's ass.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #852 on: March 10, 2017, 12:58:14 AM »
He is actually doing what he was elected into office to do. Many agree with it and as many don't. But it is hardly sneaky or secretive or even silly.

He was elected into office to tweet unfounded allegations?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #853 on: March 10, 2017, 12:59:18 AM »
I guess you're seeing something that most others don't, Al. :-\

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #854 on: March 11, 2017, 05:54:04 AM »
Not at all. He was elected to "drain the swamp", repeal and replace Obamacare, bring back jobs, build the wall, put America first, enforcing the rules against illegal immigration and protecting America from the radical Muslim element, and so on.

He absolutely is working towards all of these things despite being able to also fit time in at 3am to fire off a few tweets (not that you were implying that was absolutely all he was doing in his tenure as President).

Now there are exactly two points of contention, one is that what he is trying to do he is wrong to do AND what he is doing he is doing poorly. I am not even going to be drawn into a subjective ill-educated guess as to how well or poorly he is doing these things after 60 days. It is WAY too premature to make such statements and trying to pass this off as truth.

I see a lot of Conservatives point to record stock market figures, the drop off in illegal immigration (which Jorge Ramos confirmed) and business sentiment and confidence increasing and jobs increasing. Now for EXACTLY the same reasons as above, I am not going to be silly enough to base anything off this because it, too, is too soon.

Let me see what he does after 3 years. Let's see how business confidence then is.

He IS absolutely sticking to his agenda and I am interested to see how he does. But to say he has done nothing is as silly as saying he has caused all of those benefits I mentioned.