Educational

Author Topic: Could be Trump?  (Read 19456 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: Could be Trump?
« Reply #1215 on: June 04, 2017, 03:45:39 PM »
Heh. Clearly only an idiot would post the above.

You are vpearly an idiot for thinking so.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #1216 on: June 04, 2017, 03:53:02 PM »
they have found that if migratory patterns are taken into account before construction the dangers to birds is just about eliminated.
A company in Italy has developed a bladeless wind turbine. The output isn't as great as blades, but they're less expensive to produce and maintain due to fewer moving parts, and there's the plus of no problem for the birds. Looks like they still have a way to go with financial backing. The article is a critical review, but also seems fair.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vortex_Bladeless
https://www.technologyreview.com/s/537721/bladeless-wind-turbines-may-offer-more-form-than-function/

Wind and solar should be definitely be considered a potential primary source when wind and sun are available, but there's no escaping the problems related to any power source which relies on batteries to provide around the clock service.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1217 on: June 04, 2017, 04:03:30 PM »
I should imagine that if companies see a benefit to these energy sources and produce them, then people will buy them. Given the uproar about the climate agreement, there are millions of potential customers eagerly waiting. Do they need the government to regulate, fund or subsidise?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #1218 on: June 04, 2017, 04:34:22 PM »
The US government already does all three, though that's true of all energy sources including the subsidizing of the oil, gas, and coal industries. There's probably aren't many energy sources anywhere which weren't developed with some level of government funding. The bladeless turbine already has funding from their own government; though apparently not quite enough.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #1219 on: June 04, 2017, 06:42:54 PM »
Regulations keep factories and people that don't give a shit from creating another Love Canal, Hinkley, or worse.

Big business is about $$, they seek the most cost effective way to do things by contracting out things like disposal and clean up to the lowest bidder. If they aren't required to monitor emissions or be held accountable for any disposal methods very, very few of them will.

Trump wants to create jobs...if he deregulates things, and he already has to some extent, eliminating one ruling already preventing miners from dumping waste into streams... here in the coal and fracking region that's a BIGLY one.

But it may bring more industry and more JOBS!!

...and at what price? When you or your kids have asthma and can't breathe or drink the water in 20 years, at least you'll have a job to pay the medical bills. ;)

Ever play in a sulphur creek or one contaminated with acid mine water? Both my parents did...might eliminate his need for the orange spray tan and save him $$$.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1220 on: June 04, 2017, 07:20:39 PM »
Yes business follows the dollars. If people are falls ng over themselves to have green energy, the market will reward their want with green options.

You may say that without the Paris accord consumers will not have green options. I say if there is market demand, and people like yourself seen to indicate that there is, the a capitalist market place will cater to them by companies filling the niche.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #1221 on: June 04, 2017, 07:47:28 PM »
eliminating one ruling already preventing miners from dumping waste into streams...
There are still environmental laws in place regarding mining waste; though the new ruling would have made it more difficult to obtain permits. This is another instance of nothing has changed, of the Obama administration waiting for eight years to then sign vulnerable administrative rulings in December of 2016. This isn't something Trump did on his own; congress voted on this. It probably doesn't even matter to anyone's job. The lower costs from natural gas surplus is what's killing the coal industry, not stricter regulations. Like you said, big business is about the money, and coal is no longer where the money is.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 08:25:33 PM by Jack »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1222 on: June 06, 2017, 01:24:39 PM »

Anything for Trump, right?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1223 on: June 06, 2017, 03:02:45 PM »

Why ask me? I gave no idea?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1224 on: June 07, 2017, 02:38:22 PM »

Why ask me? I gave no idea?

Covfefe.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1225 on: June 07, 2017, 02:58:59 PM »

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #1226 on: June 07, 2017, 09:14:24 PM »
 :zoinks:

:gopher:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1227 on: June 09, 2017, 02:43:12 PM »

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #1228 on: June 09, 2017, 03:54:02 PM »

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #1229 on: June 10, 2017, 06:39:27 PM »
I guess G.W. Bush wasn't radical enough.