Educational

Author Topic: the new guy  (Read 4159 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: the new guy
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2007, 02:49:48 PM »
Sure, McJ. What will you drink?

He doesn't drink.  I've decided that since alcohol is involved in some crimes of violence, it must be removed from the general population.  If it saves one life, its worth it to get rid of it.  We all know that.  So, from hence forth, there is a worldwide ban from anything alcohol.  (Except for the police and military of course).

This was sort of funny once. Twice, it's just boring. -1
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2007, 02:51:46 PM »

He doesn't drink.  I've decided that since alcohol is involved in some crimes of violence, it must be removed from the general population.  If it saves one life, its worth it to get rid of it.  We all know that.  So, from hence forth, there is a worldwide ban from anything alcohol.  (Except for the police and military of course).
uh oh o-master.
you have incited some passion.

....and some smart arsishness.

His problem is that he isn't funny. My guess is that the actual argument was too much for him... ::)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

driftingblizzard

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2007, 03:37:13 PM »
Umm, no.  There is no arguement.  We simply agree to disagree.  I just don't understand why you can't agree to be in disagreement. ??? 
It bothers my sense of fairness. 

Litigious

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2007, 03:57:21 PM »
odeon's obsessed with the thought that guns should be banned...

driftingblizzard

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2007, 04:06:04 PM »
Well, at this point I must appologize to Hellznrg.  For side tracking the "Hello to Hellznrg" forum with this seemingly unsolveble discussion.  But  in a way, it is the perfect welcome to Intensity2, with no appology necessary.   But I do hate confrontation, so I will still appologize.  Sorry Hipnotica, I know you told me to stop that....

Is everyone on board now?  Shall we continue then?....

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2007, 04:51:10 PM »

uh oh o-master.
you have incited some passion.

....and some smart arsishness.

No, no, no, Odeon has made perfect sense.  I'm on his side.  Let the banning begin!  There's some loud base thumping cars that I would like to deal with next.
tinnitus is a serious affliction.

It's the cars with the loud mufflers that bother me.  The local idiots love them, since they think it makes their piece of shit sound powerful, but it just makes it sound like a loud piece of shit, and marks the occupants as retards that should do society a favour by removing themselves from the gene-pool, preferably through a head-on collision with a similar car.  If one of them goes past on the street outside and my window is open, it leaves my ears ringing, and I'm a floor up, probably about 10m from the road.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2007, 05:21:53 PM »
Umm, no.  There is no arguement.  We simply agree to disagree.  I just don't understand why you can't agree to be in disagreement. ??? 
It bothers my sense of fairness. 

If all you wanted was to agree to disagree, it would have been easier to not try your hand at sarcasm. ::)

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2007, 05:27:23 PM »
odeon's obsessed with the thought that guns should be banned...

I'm not. I've been arguing for firearm restrictions because there was a topic about it, and I didn't agree with what was said. I didn't bring that discussion here.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2007, 05:28:54 PM »

I thought it was funny.  Isn't this kind of like "A Modest Proposal"?

+

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2007, 05:30:29 PM »
A Modest Proposal? ???

- Albert Einstein

Litigious

« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2007, 05:31:58 PM »
A Modest Proposal? ???

Yes, by Jonathan Swift. He who wrote about Gulliver.  8)

Litigious

« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2007, 05:34:48 PM »
It's an ironic pamphlet about how the Irish should be eaten by the Englishmen or be food for their animals etc, etc. It's sarcams over the English tyranny in Ireland.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2007, 05:35:25 PM »
A Modest Proposal? ???

Peter posted a voice file of someone reading it yesterday.  Here is a text version:

http://art-bin.com/art/omodest.html

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2007, 05:46:43 PM »
Oh, right. I've read it (long ago) but didn't make the connection. Thanks.

- Albert Einstein

driftingblizzard

« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2007, 05:48:49 PM »

I thought it was funny.  Isn't this kind of like "A Modest Proposal"?

+

I am astounded that anyone made the connection.  I am truly impressed.  and feel humbled in your presence, like the chill felt while riding on the shoulders of giants....