Author Topic: Nice burkini ban  (Read 892 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Nice burkini ban
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2016, 04:42:56 PM »
Think what you like. I stand by what I have said but have no interest in explaining myself to you again. This is better since I'm pretty sure you will go to bed while still angry. Maybe you'll hit the bourbon on the way first. Hell, maybe you already are.

Enjoy.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2016, 04:53:50 PM »
Think what you like. I stand by what I have said but have no interest in explaining myself to you again. This is better since I'm pretty sure you will go to bed while still angry. Maybe you'll hit the bourbon on the way first. Hell, maybe you already are.

Enjoy.

Weak troll attempt. It is 8:51 am on a Monday. Going to bed?
Drinking bourbon on Friday night and it is Monday morning?

Mind you as idiotic as it is, it is far more sensible and rational than some of the ship you said in the last 6 or so months, so go you.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 01:54:46 AM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2016, 01:49:01 AM »
With a cold, and drinking bourbon for supper no wonder your bitchy come morning:P

Less of a hangover if you drink vodka, or gin, less higher alcohol congeners (although isolated, tertiary pentanol is pretty good and DOESN'T produce any hangover, as tertiary alcohols cannot be easily oxidized to nasty ass aldehyde or less vile but less than nice ketones (secondary alcohols generally get biologically transformed in the liver to ketones, such as isopropyl is metabolized in humans to acetone, and reputedly whilst not toxic as such produces one thundering hangover, never tried it, don't plan to. Once did get a mouthful reaching into the fridge for a drink at night, grabbed an iPA extract in a beaker of fly agaric mushrooms. Immediately realized what I'd done on the taste and feel of it, stuck my fingers down my throat and purged myself seconds after. Lucky I did not suffer ill effect.  Slight stomach ache from barfing, and some minor isoxazole-type intoxication, but nothing I would ascribe to the propan-2-ol. Lucky again as iPA reputedly is highly potent, being active at a ml or two. And I'd just swallowed something like a couple of hundred TIMES as much.  Wasn't any nicer coming back up than it was going down. Disgusting. Concentrated lab alcohol flavored with concentrated umami from the glutamatergic effects upon taste receptors as produced by MSG only more potently. I LOVE fly agaric as a flavoring and I was making a tincture to use in cooking, where the iPA would simply evaporate when used in long-cooked stews and chillies.  But got the entire fucking lot. Slept like a baby that night though IIRC.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2016, 01:54:27 AM »
With a cold, and drinking bourbon for supper no wonder your bitchy come morning:P

Less of a hangover if you drink vodka, or gin, less higher alcohol congeners (although isolated, tertiary pentanol is pretty good and DOESN'T produce any hangover, as tertiary alcohols cannot be easily oxidized to nasty ass aldehyde or less vile but less than nice ketones (secondary alcohols generally get biologically transformed in the liver to ketones, such as isopropyl is metabolized in humans to acetone, and reputedly whilst not toxic as such produces one thundering hangover, never tried it, don't plan to. Once did get a mouthful reaching into the fridge for a drink at night, grabbed an iPA extract in a beaker of fly agaric mushrooms. Immediately realized what I'd done on the taste and feel of it, stuck my fingers down my throat and purged myself seconds after. Lucky I did not suffer ill effect.  Slight stomach ache from barfing, and some minor isoxazole-type intoxication, but nothing I would ascribe to the propan-2-ol. Lucky again as iPA reputedly is highly potent, being active at a ml or two. And I'd just swallowed something like a couple of hundred TIMES as much.  Wasn't any nicer coming back up than it was going down. Disgusting. Concentrated lab alcohol flavored with concentrated umami from the glutamatergic effects upon taste receptors as produced by MSG only more potently. I LOVE fly agaric as a flavoring and I was making a tincture to use in cooking, where the iPA would simply evaporate when used in long-cooked stews and chillies.  But got the entire fucking lot. Slept like a baby that night though IIRC.

No I only drink on Friday night. It is Monday. I mean it is no secret this has been my pattern for many years. Every Friday is Friday night bourbon night. Why he may have thought I would be drinking and/or going for a nap at 8:51am is beyond me. Mind you he doesn't make a lot of sense generally. Especially not lately
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2016, 02:26:09 AM »

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2016, 05:21:27 AM »

No I only drink on Friday night. It is Monday. I mean it is no secret this has been my pattern for many years. Every Friday is Friday night bourbon night. Why he may have thought I would be drinking and/or going for a nap at 8:51am is beyond me. Mind you he doesn't make a lot of sense generally. Especially not lately

I forget the time zone differences too, especially with regard to Australia.  :dunno:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2016, 01:17:32 AM »
I was thinking you might have had a thundering hangover. And was unaware you ONLY drink on friday nights. For all I knew that was when you first had some, and could have drank through the weekend some. Leading at some point to a vicious hangover.

Hell, I've had a few hangovers that lasted several days and nights before. Not that many of them, but some. After the last one (caused by a bottle of absinthe, hadn't realized the alcohol content as strong stuff like the US 'everclear' is not sold here, or very seldom. And it did not burn much, its been over a decade since I'd had absinthe and hadn't realized that the reason it was not burning on the way down, at least after the first shot, was because it numbed the tongue and throat. Alcohol content, I realized, after about two days and nights of non-stop spewing every five minutes or so, and THE WORST, most vicious, horrendous, abysmal hangover imaginable, was just a tad under 75%. Took until very recently for me to be able to drink anything stronger than 15-20% liqueurs  such as tia maria, schnapps and the like at all, and even then I had to fight the gag reflex.

I am now capable of drinking spirits again though but it sure took its time. And gutrot vodka still makes me gag. Suppose its as good a reason as any to spend the money on russian standard, or better.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2016, 01:45:14 AM »
I was thinking you might have had a thundering hangover. And was unaware you ONLY drink on friday nights. For all I knew that was when you first had some, and could have drank through the weekend some. Leading at some point to a vicious hangover.

Hell, I've had a few hangovers that lasted several days and nights before. Not that many of them, but some. After the last one (caused by a bottle of absinthe, hadn't realized the alcohol content as strong stuff like the US 'everclear' is not sold here, or very seldom. And it did not burn much, its been over a decade since I'd had absinthe and hadn't realized that the reason it was not burning on the way down, at least after the first shot, was because it numbed the tongue and throat. Alcohol content, I realized, after about two days and nights of non-stop spewing every five minutes or so, and THE WORST, most vicious, horrendous, abysmal hangover imaginable, was just a tad under 75%. Took until very recently for me to be able to drink anything stronger than 15-20% liqueurs  such as tia maria, schnapps and the like at all, and even then I had to fight the gag reflex.

I am now capable of drinking spirits again though but it sure took its time. And gutrot vodka still makes me gag. Suppose its as good a reason as any to spend the money on russian standard, or better.

Dear God no. I am an old man. One night is all I can manage. A six pack each Friday night. $21 treat.
What Odeon was on about is anyone's guess? He probably has no idea what he was saying.