Author Topic: Climate change department closed by Theresa May...Bugger.  (Read 264 times)

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
Climate change department closed by Theresa May...Bugger.
« on: July 15, 2016, 10:40:42 AM »
http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change-department-killed-off-by-theresa-may-in-plain-stupid-and-deeply-worrying-move-a7137166.html

Climate change department closed by Theresa May in 'plain stupid' and 'deeply worrying' move
Campaigners called for 'urgent reassurance from the new government' that the fight against climate change and pollution will not be 'abandoned'

The decision to abolish the Department for Energy and Climate Change has been variously condemned as “plain stupid”, “deeply worrying” and “terrible” by politicians, campaigners and experts.

One of Theresa May’s first acts as Prime Minister was to move responsibility for climate change to a new Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy.

Only on Monday, Government advisers had warned of the need to take urgent action to prepare the UK for floods, droughts, heatwaves and food shortages caused by climate change.

The news came after the appointment of Andrea Leadsom – who revealed her first question to officials when she became Energy Minister last year was "Is climate change real?" – was appointed as the new Environment Secretary.

And, after former Energy and Climate Change Secretary Amber Rudd announced in November that Britain was going to “close coal” by 2025, Ms Leadsom later asked the coal industry to help define what this actually meant.

Former Labour leader Ed Miliband tweeted: “DECC abolition just plain stupid. Climate not even mentioned in new deptartment title. Matters because departments shape priorities, shape outcomes.”

Greenpeace said it was concerned that the new Government did not view climate change as a serious threat..

John Sauven, the campaign group's executive director, said: “The voting record and affiliation with climate sceptics of key cabinet appointees are deeply worrying.

"They show a lack of understanding posed by climate change to the UK and the world. If we are to continue to have a key global role in environmental action, we need urgent reassurance from the new government that the hard won progress on climate and renewables targets, air pollution and the protection of wildlife will not be sidelined or abandoned in the Brexit negotiations.”

Green Party MP Caroline Lucas described the decision as “deeply worrying”.

“Climate change is the biggest challenge we face, and it must not be an afterthought for the Government,” she said.

“Dealing with climate change requires a dedicated Minister at the Cabinet table. To throw it into the basement of another Whitehall department, looks like a serious backwards step.”

She said she would work with any Minister “willing to take climate change seriously”, but added she would seek to hold Government to account for “any backpeddling on our climate change commitments”.

He called on Ms May to reaffirm the Government’s commitment to the 2008 Climate Change Act, which he described as a “world-leading piece of legislation”.

This commits the UK to an 80 per cent reduction in greenhouse gas emissions by 2050 and is “one of few remaining silver linings in UK environmental policy”, Mr Devlin said.

A letter by DECC’s permanent secretary, Alex Chisholm, to staff in his department, which was leaked to Civil Service World, confirmed that its responsibilities were being transferred to the new Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, under its new Secretary, Greg Clark.

"We can make sure we have the 21st century infrastructure we need. Business will have a strong champion in government," he wrote.

"Energy and climate change will continue in a single department ensuring efficient paths to carbon reduction.”

A spokesman for DECC told The Independent: "Nothing is changing. The commitment [to dealing with climate change] is still there."

Well that's us fucked. I don't believe the DECC spokesman for a second, why should I believe a government that has committed election fraud and gives the middle finger to democracy?

British foxes, British badgers. You were fun while you lasted. I hope your deaths are quick.
To my friend the bee, don't worry you won't be alone for long.

There's nothing else left to do except cue the music I suppose:

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Climate change department closed by Theresa May...Bugger.
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 10:50:58 AM »
wow.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 01:01:37 PM »
What did you expect? We are talking about somebody who appointed Boris Johnson.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 12:26:56 AM »
If it was a choice between one or the other I'd far rather have boris johnson than theresa may-be the antichrist.

I was absolutely mortified when that virulent old monster managed to infect It's way into power. It shouldn't be anywhere NEAR power. Not unless that power comes in the form of a thunderbolt, chucked by Zeus his wrathful self; in order to wipe this particular turd streak from the toilet-seat of existence.

This CREATURE is a baneful, malignant,  fungating tumor  that should by rights never have managed to have extricated Itself from the fermenting, bubbling creeping ooze at the bottom of Tartarus formed from the countless aeons of every  time some warped, nightmarish abomination from the abyss squatted over the edge of the Pit when it needed to take a dirty great wet semi-digested tormented-sinner-shart and let one drop. And a terrible, awful thing to have befallen the country. Theresa Merde is a tragedy for england, in fact a sad fate for all the UK, and for that matter, the northern hemisphere. The one and only thing I credit It with, IF It's words are true, should 'truth' be a word It could even WRITE (and no, marks gouged in the table upon which the paper rests using claw, serrated, hooked squid-beak or forked tongue do not count!!). Must be difficult to hold a pencil with tentacles for that matter. Would be It's 'promise' (ha ha ha, very funny. Or would be if the joke weren't on us) that 'brexit means brexit'

If It keeps It's shriekin...ahem...It's word, sorry; that is. For some reason I am not overflowing with confidence.

And as for that pathetic, fucked up, overbearing, moronically ill-thought out psychoactives bill, that is, aside from being so poorly thought out that its not worth the paper I'd use to wipe my arsehole with after taking a shite, it is WRONG, and a major violation of civil rights.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 11:09:30 AM »
I have no confidence whatsoever in this government, I have to say. I thought how bad can she be... until she appointed Boris.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 07:05:04 PM »
He is one of the less noxious cunt politicians

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2016, 11:46:18 PM »
Boris? He is an imbecile.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2016, 02:44:24 AM »
Compared to May? she is the fucking antichrist.

Only if she bought your soul you'd have done better on ebay.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2016, 01:56:05 PM »
She'd be a useless antichrist. She is not clever or particularly opinionated.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2016, 02:49:00 PM »
No shes a dribbling cretinous shitweasel. And she's already caused some pretty major trouble here. One thing was the novel psychoactives bill, outlawing anything bar nicotine, alcohol and caffeine more or less. If it can be proven people knew it was psychoactive. And it caused things to go underground further than already, rather than realize shes on a hiding to buttfuck all. Problem was a lot of the 'legal high' scene, there were a great many benzodiazepines. Novel ones, very, very new, unpublished sometimes, or not known at all. And hospitals, being highly conservative are too chickenshit to do much of use when tons of users of these that were careless, or did not know, and became benzo-dependent, started coming down with grand-mal seizures when suddenly unable to obtain enough to run their own tapers. Or if alone, being incapacitated and unable to get to assistance. Shit hit the fan. Plus progressively tighter legislation just made people go underground and scrap not only the bottom of the barrel but think sod the barrel, lets go right down to outright poison (seriously some of the shit even released some lethal metabolic toxins, like fluoroacetate, or generally cased waves of deaths worse than the nastier street drugs around now. THAT should have been lesson enough not to try. But she did, and in a ridiculous way without any actual giving a shit about safety, public protection, just wanted something to clamp down on. She is a stupid, arrogant snotnosed brat that shouldn't be anywhere near power.