Author Topic: Took the words right out of my mouth  (Read 939 times)

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
Took the words right out of my mouth
« on: July 12, 2016, 11:24:39 AM »
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Took the words right out of my mouth
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 02:15:19 PM »
Stop calling 17 million people stupid?

Lots more out there that are, in my mind. Stupid and/or uneducated and ill informed. As for the Brexit vote, some voted leave and other voted remain, quite a few of them without knowing what they voted for or why. Which is why it's so scary, and which is why I think Cameron made a huge mistake.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 04:06:00 PM »
That guy's funny. :laugh:

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 06:19:25 PM »
Some of the people who voted leave did so as a protest vote:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-anger-bregret-leave-voters-protest-vote-thought-uk-stay-in-eu-remain-win-a7102516.html

They must be shitting themselves now. To them I say  :congrats: for fucking the UK.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 03:25:53 AM »
Well, Boris didn't think Leave would win either.

Fucking hilarious that he's Foreign Minister now.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 05:29:01 PM »
Well, Boris didn't think Leave would win either.

Fucking hilarious that he's Foreign Minister now.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2016, 01:22:53 PM »

Lots more out there that are, in my mind. Stupid and/or uneducated and ill informed. As for the Brexit vote, some voted leave and other voted remain, quite a few of them without knowing what they voted for or why. Which is why it's so scary, and which is why I think Cameron made a huge mistake.

You're certainly one of the however many.  You have no independent though at all.  The same thing happens in an election every 5 years.  Lots of people knew what they were voting for with regards to leaving, to do something about immigration.  Sure, they might be disappointed but now there's no EU scapegoat, so those people will want answers.  Controlling the outrageous numbers was more than enough of a reason to vote to leave and uncertainty was more than enough reason to vote to stay.  People can make the right decisions without knowing why they did.  We just happened to make the correct one on this instance. 
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2016, 01:24:25 PM »

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2016, 01:28:50 PM »
Some of the people who voted leave did so as a protest vote:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-anger-bregret-leave-voters-protest-vote-thought-uk-stay-in-eu-remain-win-a7102516.html

They must be shitting themselves now. To them I say  :congrats: for fucking the UK.

:blah:

Really, that's a story?  A couple of alleged 'leave' voters who now regret it?  They didn't realise leave would win?  They are fucking morons or most likely they are remain voters who are lying.  It's fucking over, so get over it.  Time to move on. 

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2016, 04:53:07 PM »

You're certainly one of the however many.  You have no independent though at all.  The same thing happens in an election every 5 years.  Lots of people knew what they were voting for with regards to leaving, to do something about immigration.  Sure, they might be disappointed but now there's no EU scapegoat, so those people will want answers.  Controlling the outrageous numbers was more than enough of a reason to vote to leave and uncertainty was more than enough reason to vote to stay.  People can make the right decisions without knowing why they did.  We just happened to make the correct one on this instance.

And you proved again why democracy is such a bad idea. You'll have a vote about the wrong thing for the wrong reasons, and then vote for the wrong option for the wrong reasons.

- Albert Einstein

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2016, 02:41:42 PM »

And you proved again why democracy is such a bad idea. You'll have a vote about the wrong thing for the wrong reasons, and then vote for the wrong option for the wrong reasons.

That's your opinion.  This has nothing to do with you anyway, so like Pie said, fuck off to North Korea.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2016, 05:55:47 AM »

That's your opinion.  This has nothing to do with you anyway, so like Pie said, fuck off to North Korea.

It's got a lot to do with me, actually.

The problem with a dictatorship, of course, is that it's an even worse idea since power will always corrupt, regardless of constitution.

- Albert Einstein

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2016, 04:02:18 PM »

The problem with a dictatorship, of course, is that it's an even worse idea since power will always corrupt, regardless of constitution.

Not really your home country. 

Yes power will, that's why the people need more power.  No use fretting about it when they exercise those rights and make a choice the powerful do not like. 

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2016, 08:23:04 PM »

Not really your home country. 

Yes power will, that's why the people need more power.  No use fretting about it when they exercise those rights and make a choice the powerful do not like.

Agreed.

I object to those that say variations of "The people do not know what is best for them"
Think of how many times that mentality has been used to detrimental effects.
The people that make claims to know better than "the people" rarely do. It is usually just a away of signalling a position of superior reason, morality or spirituality to others. In its best form it is annoying snobbery and in its worst, hateful demagoguery
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2016, 12:35:12 AM »
It's not about people not knowing what's good for them, exactly, but rather with them not having the necessary skills or knowledge. The idea of them being able to make an informed choice is absurd, a lot of the time. Yet it's what they are asked to do.

Of course, some people have additional problems--they might, for example, be unable to manage their own households and so find themselves chronically in debt, yet they are asked to vote in what would essentially require a university-level course in global finance.

- Albert Einstein