Educational

Author Topic: Odeon you implied I was dishonest at best and a liar at worst  (Read 3862 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: Odeon you implied I was dishonest at best and a liar at worst
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2016, 03:32:37 AM »
Yes I have been posting my opinions on here for months, years in fact and will continue to do so.

I will start a polling you like on whether we should be censored for opinions that aren't popular or perhaps whether holding opinions based somewhat on assumptions is intellectually dishonest.

How do you think they would do?

At what point did I deny I had assumed anything? No? Okay, at what point did I claim to know more than I could? No? Okay. So at what point did I get ANYTHING I said wrong? Where is your "Aha" moment?

You don't have one do you, Odeon?

Is Zegh full of shit? Yes. I contend he is. I have 6 years of posts, PM's and recent commentary from others to make this claim. Which more than makes a case for claims I make against him. So whether I read him in the last few months or so is neither here nor there - even when measured against your standards of intellectual dishonesty.

But what else have you got? That can't be the sum of your argument because it is weak and you are not one to make weak arguments. So I am suspicious.

But I have a question for you. If I read Zegh's posts, what would I have gleaned that would have or could have made a difference to how I see him? If I see him as a liar (being full of lies and inconsequentialities) then what would he have possibly said to dissuade me?

In other words if your claim is that it is dishonest to claim he is full of shit because I am assuming UNLESS I read him (right, tell me this is part of your belief around this) then what if I still would only have assumptions AFTER reading his posts.

Where does this place this point about intellectual dishonesty. (ie If nothing was either lost or gained in reading his posts) AND as in this case maintaining the line of reasoning that he talks shit seems to have been pretty on the money given his PM's of 6 months ago and recent broken pledge/promise? Yes without reading his posts, I proclaimed he was full of shit and the evidence seemed to indicate that for me and backs it now.

Therefore where is your point.

I tell you one thing Odeon, this callout has done precisely two things. Firstly it has gobsmacked me as to your disappointing efforts to make poor claims against me and not defend them. Secondly it motivates me to dig in my heels over this Zegh thing.

This callout is disappointing
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2016, 09:07:23 AM »
Yes I have been posting my opinions on here for months, years in fact and will continue to do so.

I certainly hope so.

I will start a polling you like on whether we should be censored for opinions that aren't popular or perhaps whether holding opinions based somewhat on assumptions is intellectually dishonest.

Are you mentioning censorship because it's me, the site owner, posting? If so, why? And "somewhat"? Seriously? Aare you deliberately avoiding my point?

I don't know. But here's a question for you: why do you even mention it? Do you feel there is a risk of you being censored?

At what point did I deny I had assumed anything? No? Okay, at what point did I claim to know more than I could? No? Okay. So at what point did I get ANYTHING I said wrong? Where is your "Aha" moment?

You're *acting* as if your *assumption* was the truth. No, you don't read his posts, but yet you keep right on following him around the board and acting on your assumption.

Well, I think I do or I wouldn't have reacted and this callout either wouldn't have happened or you would have been able to show me the errors of my ways. But I haven't bought your arguments.

Is Zegh full of shit? Yes. I contend he is. I have 6 years of posts, PM's and recent commentary from others to make this claim. Which more than makes a case for claims I make against him. So whether I read him in the last few months or so is neither here nor there - even when measured against your standards of intellectual dishonesty.

But it is, and that's where we differ. I do think it matters because I expected more from you. Don't you see that? Your actions scream that you don't care, that you've made up your mind and it's all there is and can ever be. I expected more than that from you of all people, and so I'm bloody disappointed. If I attack somebody, at least I have the honesty to read his or her posts while attacking. Hell, even Benji gets that treatment.

But what else have you got? That can't be the sum of your argument because it is weak and you are not one to make weak arguments. So I am suspicious.

That's it. I don't think it's a weak argument. It's a simple argument, though, one that is easy to make, and I think it's enough.

But I have a question for you. If I read Zegh's posts, what would I have gleaned that would have or could have made a difference to how I see him? If I see him as a liar (being full of lies and inconsequentialities) then what would he have possibly said to dissuade me?

I've no idea. It's irrelevant. The difference would have been that I hadn't reacted. I happen to like Zegh, but I know you don't, and that's fine.

In other words if your claim is that it is dishonest to claim he is full of shit because I am assuming UNLESS I read him (right, tell me this is part of your belief around this) then what if I still would only have assumptions AFTER reading his posts.

You would have made an effort, and that does make a difference. A big one.

Where does this place this point about intellectual dishonesty. (ie If nothing was either lost or gained in reading his posts) AND as in this case maintaining the line of reasoning that he talks shit seems to have been pretty on the money given his PM's of 6 months ago and recent broken pledge/promise? Yes without reading his posts, I proclaimed he was full of shit and the evidence seemed to indicate that for me and backs it now.

How many times do I need to repeat this? His actions are irrelevant. You are the one to make claims, you are the one who should make an effort. Or at least accept that I did hold you to higher standards than that.

Right here, in this post and in most of the others I've posted in this thread.

I tell you one thing Odeon, this callout has done precisely two things. Firstly it has gobsmacked me as to your disappointing efforts to make poor claims against me and not defend them. Secondly it motivates me to dig in my heels over this Zegh thing.

I have defended my claims. I have done my best to rephrase them to explain my views. I have even handled your deflections (the Butterflies thing and the archaeologist that would rather assume than ask his subjects come to mind; in addition to your characterisations of Zegh, of course). I know you wanted a more complex argument, but hey, you can't always get what you want.

We have a point of agreement here at least.

Can we finally leave it to the peanut gallery?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2016, 04:53:31 PM »

I certainly hope so.

Are you mentioning censorship because it's me, the site owner, posting? If so, why? And "somewhat"? Seriously? Aare you deliberately avoiding my point?

I don't know. But here's a question for you: why do you even mention it? Do you feel there is a risk of you being censored?

You're *acting* as if your *assumption* was the truth. No, you don't read his posts, but yet you keep right on following him around the board and acting on your assumption.

Well, I think I do or I wouldn't have reacted and this callout either wouldn't have happened or you would have been able to show me the errors of my ways. But I haven't bought your arguments.

But it is, and that's where we differ. I do think it matters because I expected more from you. Don't you see that? Your actions scream that you don't care, that you've made up your mind and it's all there is and can ever be. I expected more than that from you of all people, and so I'm bloody disappointed. If I attack somebody, at least I have the honesty to read his or her posts while attacking. Hell, even Benji gets that treatment.

That's it. I don't think it's a weak argument. It's a simple argument, though, one that is easy to make, and I think it's enough.

I've no idea. It's irrelevant. The difference would have been that I hadn't reacted. I happen to like Zegh, but I know you don't, and that's fine.

You would have made an effort, and that does make a difference. A big one.

How many times do I need to repeat this? His actions are irrelevant. You are the one to make claims, you are the one who should make an effort. Or at least accept that I did hold you to higher standards than that.

Right here, in this post and in most of the others I've posted in this thread.

I have defended my claims. I have done my best to rephrase them to explain my views. I have even handled your deflections (the Butterflies thing and the archaeologist that would rather assume than ask his subjects come to mind; in addition to your characterisations of Zegh, of course). I know you wanted a more complex argument, but hey, you can't always get what you want.

We have a point of agreement here at least.

Can we finally leave it to the peanut gallery?

This is actually interesting to me. So your accusations of me being dishonest, intellectually dishonest, pretending, and taking the easy way out were all underpinned on this simple argument. That's outrageous, Odeon.

The problem is not that I was thinking it was a more serious argument but that the argument's simplicity is so very easily countered and could only ever have the chance of having any more weight if it were part of a larger more complex argument.

I will show you what I mean but first, I was not deflecting anything. I was addressing things that either were bought up in this callout or I believed had bearing. At no point was I deflecting anything nor do I have any particular desire to. I do not think your argument is a good one for all its simplicity. I think you wanted to try to mischaracterise me and for reasons I don't care to know.

I do wonder whether you ever saw the following:

Stop being a child Al, and take some responsability.

Is this a "reaction"?

If so, does that compell you to keep going, indefinitely? Then you are a child.
All you do is revert to this "I'm just a troublemaker, I can't help it!"-crap. You can help it. We all can help how we behave. And you're not a "troublemaker" or a "badass" or a "bear" or a damn "genie" (stup using these angrandizing analogies. And see? You read my messages, all of them, which... I knew...  ::) )

I'm going to go a little further, and givne Hyke 1 of my months to try "silent treatment" again. I will respond to normal communication, but not to "cat memes" or any other "provocative" bullshit.
One month, starting now.

[zeghing intensifies]

I don't recall you taking responsibility for your own childish behaviors. Yet you talk to others like your an adult and they're a child. You are delusional. Must be the weed giving you unwarranted self importance.

I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. Given every opportunity to see what he did wrong and what had not worked, I may as well read his reply.

Bloody Hell.

Did I not tell him that the tactics he had used were bad tactics? Did I not make that abundantly clear? Did I not say that ignoring was only sighting better than the shaming, daring and insulting tactics and doesn't resolve anything but rather would only work if others move on? Didn't I say that doing rinse repeat of the same tactics he had used (ignoring was a previous tactics) will not work?

So what does he do?  :hahaha:

But that was not all. Was else did the smug condescending man-child say? Yup, I need to take responsibility. Well clearly I have the whole way through.  I have no issue with this. I happily own everything I said and my place in it.

Kittenburger,  you noticed (and I am sure anyone else reading did too) He did not take any responsibility. None. Effectively he says:

"I didn't do anything. I was not involved. I have no responsibility or accountability for my actions. But to" prove" my commitment to stopping it, I will try to use a tactic I previously used that was just denounced by one of the people I am feuding with. It did not work last time and I have been told explicitly that it won't this time, but I will use it again....and with righteous indignance and in a month' s time I will say "See!!" like a school child and you will all see how committed I was and how bad the others were"

This is virtue signalling. He is doing two things giving the pretence of wanting resolution by do something that appears that he is doing something constructive. But it has a nastier element to it which everyone should see. A petulant element.  Earlier Hyke suggested maybe ignoring Kittenburger and I. She set no timestamp for this ignoring tactic. So he will come in, ignore all other advice, set a timestamp, trial ignoring for a month and then when it doesn't work,  will petulant say "See, Hyke! You were wrong. I knew better. That tactic was your tactic and it doesn't work because nothing works and it's not my fault"

He is a man-child. It's not about fixing things. He is shifting blame. Hyke's fault because she gave bad advice, Al's responsibility because he will not finish what I started and allow me to not be accountable for my actions. It's Kittenburger's fault because she won't stop pointing out my shitty behaviours. The only person who isn't at fault is Zegh.

Oh he mentioned the Bear and the Genie, and his pea brain thought that in either of those analogies I was contextualising myself as the bear or the Genie.

The Genie for instance is the things carelessly said or doing, that causes havoc and becomes a bigger and bigger issue if uncontrolled. Therefore too difficult to control or contain back in the confines of the bottle. In this situation it makes the Genie, everything unconstructive thing you've said and your shit attitude about things to this point....not me.

As for the bear? You are an idiot. No worth explaining, you are still likely at the Genie example, trying to find a way that I was trying to make a point to me about me whilst speaking to you..  Because you are a dumb bastard.

So no surprises. I didn't expect much, so I wasn't disappointed. I won't hold the door open for you again, nor read the crap you say

So when I see you say:

How was it not the truth? The one time in this that I gave him the benefit of the doubt and I saw what I have seen months before. It confirmed my assumptions and suspicions. As for acting on assumptions, we all do. Some of you assumed that when he spoke of not engaging with me or DFG for a month, you assumed he was not lying again. It was certainly not something I assumed. Why? Because I do more than just assume. I am forming opinions that DO have more than just dislike or assumptions attached to it and it would be silly to believe otherwise.

You made a big point of quoting the definition of Intellectual Dishonesty as though you thought quoting this helped your position.

Intellectual dishonesty is a failure to apply standards of rational evaluation that one is aware of, usually in a self-serving fashion. If one judges others more critically than oneself, that is intellectually dishonest.....
When one avoids an honest, deliberate and comprehensive approach to a matter because it may introduce an adverse effect on personally and professionally held views and beliefs.

My approach IS Honest.
It is entirely my belief and I am transparent, open and will give my reasoning behind it.
My approach is deliberate and I back my opinion as much or more than I need to.
My approach is comprehensive and this callout ought to promote that. I am not someone with no exposure to Zegh who never read a word and based all of the nothing I knew of him to smear him. The reason why I track him as well as I do is because I have a comprehensive approach. It is exactly the same reason that you are struggling to find ANYTHING that I have said that is incorrect.
As for changing beliefs, he has his work cut out for him to change my beliefs, but then I struggle to do that with liars. I have an aversion to it. I am more wary. But naturally I will keep an eye on things and if I see reports that he is becoming a bit more than what he is now, I will treat it with suspicion but ultimately see if he is keeping to his word. I was very suspicious of Richard for example. But that turned out well enough. Could Zegh rise to the level of Richard? I don't know. I did not think Richard had it in him and I do not think Zegh does. Richard happily proved me wrong. What is Zegh up to now on IntensitySquared, is he attacking DFG whilst still on his 30 day silent treatment as quoted above? Is that silent treatment? Have I any need to change my belief? COME ON, ODEON!

I do not apply different standards to Zegh than I do myself. I am hardly a hypocrite
As for  apply standards of rational evaluation that one is aware of, absolutely. I believe there is no inherent standard or quality in posting (as shown above in his "silent treatment"). I get as much information from examining what others say and applying it against his known behaviour and endearing personality. I am not exactly flying blind here.
But you can't know exactly what he is saying? Really? Okay. He and Butterflies are in a callout of SB and DFG:

Is he being nice to DFG?
Is he being supportive?
Is he giving her advice?
Is he encouraging her?

I mean why am not thinking any of these things? They would be assumptions if I was to think them. You are not about to tell me that he is. I would not be fool enough to believe you if he did.

Hey maybe he is ignoring her completely right? I mean he DID say he was doing one month of silent treatment and 1 month from March the first would mean he is still within this. Are you going to tell me he is or would my assumption be a little more grounded than that IF I told you WITHOUT READING HIM that he is being a condescending snide little shitbag and despite being on a self-imposed cone of silence in respect to DFG he is breaking protocol and joining in with Butterflies in giving DFG shit?

Hey YOU tell me.

See where this all falls down for you?

I can always back this position. It is NOT intellectually dishonest and with you saying you don't read his posts and you assume stuff.....and? It does not make your point. I do not know how you do not get this. I know you try to imply that if I assume anything then I cannot know or base this on anything but the assumption. Its not true. In fact in Zegh's case, I have yet to appreciate what more I would have at my disposal than an even greater sense of "I fucking knew it" as I did with that March the first post.

You do not even try to make that case those. It is simply you trying to equate not reading someone's posts as having NOTHING at your disposal to base solid assumptions on or being dishonest. But you won't show where the dishonesty is.
"What have I got wrong?"
"It doesn't matter".
"Well yes it does".
The reason it does goes entirely to the part of me being dishonest. Again, I was not flying blind and this is not mere chance or luck.

What you fail to appreciate is that none of this makes a case for you. Quite frankly I really hope that "the treatment" you give Benji stands up to examination a lot better than this effort.

So Odeon being that the claims against me and my character and actions are so very weak and easily euthanised, and that you are a smart man, ought I feel REALLY offended? (IF this is really the sum of your argument). 

« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 05:39:48 PM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2016, 04:47:46 AM »
I did not "want to try to mischaracterise" you. It's one thing that you don't agree with my argument about your intellectual dishonesty--it's fine, it's not the first time people disagree with me and certainly won't be the last, and I can live it and so can you; you are a big boy--but another thing entirely to claim that I am deliberately mischaracterising you. I am not.

And again, Zegh's character is not relevant here. Your actions when chasing him across the board are. If you want to talk about Zegh and how your assumptions were right, etc, etc, etc, find someone who is interested. I am not.

What I have done is tell you what I think and why.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2016, 08:28:21 AM »
I've been thinking about this.

On one hand, I reacted because of what I see as intellectual dishonesty--that whole not reading Zegh but nevertheless acting based on old knowledge and assumptions thing. You've read my arguments so I won't repeat them here.

On the other, I've certainly not read every post you've made in this back-and-forth with him, an exchange you and most likely he both enjoy, and so it occurs to me that maybe I'm guilty of something similar to what I accuse you of doing. Can I really say you're guilty of it without admitting that what I've done is rather similar? I'm not sure what I'd find, to be honest, but that's not my point.

What do you think?

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2016, 09:20:39 PM »
I've been thinking about this.

On one hand, I reacted because of what I see as intellectual dishonesty--that whole not reading Zegh but nevertheless acting based on old knowledge and assumptions thing. You've read my arguments so I won't repeat them here.

On the other, I've certainly not read every post you've made in this back-and-forth with him, an exchange you and most likely he both enjoy, and so it occurs to me that maybe I'm guilty of something similar to what I accuse you of doing. Can I really say you're guilty of it without admitting that what I've done is rather similar? I'm not sure what I'd find, to be honest, but that's not my point.

What do you think?

I think that what you are doing is similar. I do not think it is intellectually dishonest. Nor do either of our actions meet the standards of the definition that you showed.
Further to this, I can assume that no one has read every post of every or any Intensity Squared member. Anything anyone says about anyone is underpinned by this fact AND it does not make them intellectually dishonest NOT reading every or any posts (even by the definition you posted).

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2016, 04:15:48 AM »
I don't know. It's not about reading every post there is, but every relevant post.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2016, 10:09:33 AM »
I don't know. It's not about reading every post there is, but every relevant post.

Now here is the kicker. Even IF this was the benchmark (that you had to read not every post, but every relevant post) - and it isn't - then how would you know you had missed any relevant post?

No, even by the definition that you had posted, this would not meet your Intellectual Dishonesty.

If you find it too difficult to come up with examples that are either easily countered completely or up to debate and definition then the term Intellectual Dishonesty probably was not the right one to use in the first instance. If you post the definition and my reaction is "I do not do any of those things" and then show this, it looks suspiciously to me that it does not apply.

What may have been a better term was "Being rude" or "being disrespectful", or "being annoying". I would not have started this callout were that the case.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2016, 11:39:49 AM »
Not convinced, sorry.

Now here is the kicker. Even IF this was the benchmark (that you had to read not every post, but every relevant post) - and it isn't - then how would you know you had missed any relevant post?

True, but it's not the same as deliberately not reading (and saying so). I miss posts all the time but I don't make assumptions about their contents.

No, even by the definition that you had posted, this would not meet your Intellectual Dishonesty.

If you hadn't proclaimed that you don't read his posts, it wouldn't. You did, however.

If you find it too difficult to come up with examples that are either easily countered completely or up to debate and definition then the term Intellectual Dishonesty probably was not the right one to use in the first instance. If you post the definition and my reaction is "I do not do any of those things" and then show this, it looks suspiciously to me that it does not apply.

But I think it was right, the key being that you said you didn't read his posts but still said he is full of shit and acted on that assumption.

The reason I thought about my own behaviour is if I missed something relevant (to my claims) when not reading all those posts.

What may have been a better term was "Being rude" or "being disrespectful", or "being annoying". I would not have started this callout were that the case.

Haha, you're all three. :smarty:

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2016, 03:46:05 PM »
True. What I am not, is intellectually dishonest.  Even by the definition you posted. If you had me:
A) denying I assumed anything
B) denying I could be wrong
C) lying about not reading the posts
D) Having no grounds on which to assume
E) being unopened to any information to prove my assumptions incorrect

You may well be in the ballpark.

You never had this and you still don't. By your own posted definition you do not meet the standard by which you accuse me. You are holding an empty sack.

As a means to give Zegh a bit of a break, it has worked a treat. But I am not impressed.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2016, 02:37:22 AM »
I don't actually care if you've given Zegh a break or not. He is a big boy and can take care of himself, and this was never about Zegh.

Not interested in repeating myself either. You're a big boy, too, and so I'm sure you will live, even though you've not been able to change my mind.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2016, 03:50:17 AM »
I don't actually care if you've given Zegh a break or not. He is a big boy and can take care of himself, and this was never about Zegh.

Not interested in repeating myself either. You're a big boy, too, and so I'm sure you will live, even though you've not been able to change my mind.

It makes good sense not to repeat yourself. Repeating a weak position over and over will not make it any better or stronger. It will just look worse by each repetition.

I  mentioned Zegh in the last post just as to say that it looks as though this is pretty much where we leave things off and I go back to feuding with Zegh as though this callout and what preceded it had never happened. I am no worse or better for it. Slightly disappointed in you, but that is neither here nor there.

Offline ZEGH8578

• Idealist Nihilist Socialist Primitivist Anarchist
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • NTWADUMELA
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2016, 09:30:48 AM »

It makes good sense not to repeat yourself. Repeating a weak position over and over will not make it any better or stronger. It will just look worse by each repetition.

I  mentioned Zegh in the last post just as to say that it looks as though this is pretty much where we leave things off and I go back to feuding with Zegh as though this callout and what preceded it had never happened. I am no worse or better for it. Slightly disappointed in you, but that is neither here nor there.

You've mentioned me in every second post, in an argument that was about YOUR credibility, Ross.
You aren't very into deep self analysis, are you? You just bark whatever hits your mind, whenever it hits it, and that's what makes you interesting. Interesting, and slightly pathetic, but interesting none the less.
I see you are back stalking me with lame ass memes again. That is very "in control" of you, Ross. Way to show everyone :]

Pathetic old fuck.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2016, 11:59:49 AM »
I'd like to hear what the peanut gallery has to say. Al thinks my arguments are weak, I don't.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2016, 01:46:37 PM »

You've mentioned me in every second post, in an argument that was about YOUR credibility, Ross.
You aren't very into deep self analysis, are you? You just bark whatever hits your mind, whenever it hits it, and that's what makes you interesting. Interesting, and slightly pathetic, but interesting none the less.
I see you are back stalking me with lame ass memes again. That is very "in control" of you, Ross. Way to show everyone :]

Pathetic old fuck.

Lots of words there Zegh. But how much of it was bullshit and bluster?
I know your one month of silent treatment of DFG and myself is almost up. Only a few days to go. That was a raging success wasn't it, asshat?