Educational

Author Topic: Stuff that makes you ridiculously happy.  (Read 3811 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Stuff that makes you ridiculously happy.
« Reply #180 on: October 23, 2018, 07:11:02 AM »

Famous words I learned in New Orleans:

The sun is coming up, but the night is still young!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #181 on: October 23, 2018, 07:21:45 AM »
MOSW-sure i.t does, if you look at it as the early hours of those evil things called 'mornings', and of being, pardon my foul language, the morning, which happened to be attached to the night which followed the period of daylight yesterday.

So yes, it counts as last night.

And don't forget, I'm autistic, with what counts for a sleep cycle in your average Kanner's autie. I.e not very conventional, at the very least. And, don't forget, I'm largely a creature of the night to begin with, so your nights are my days and vice versa, although I was using the conventional, NT standard when referencing 'yesterday' in this particular context MOSW.

So yeah, it was last night. Late, very late last night. Or late yesterday as the case might be, for a nocturnal asocial as fuck Kanner's guy. I'm a spazz, live with it. I have to (not that you'll hear me complaining)*

*one of  my special interests is cutting off and collecting people's ears, to string on necklaces, in a bit of arts and crafts :autism:

Although for the record, I'm still not complaining about being classically autistic. It isn't just the best way to be, it's the ONLY way to be.
And yes, I'd mean just the same thing if I had the option to change to either being NT or to being aspie (or Down's, or any other neurotype for that matter). I like it this way. It seems to work well enough for me anyway. Unless it's eating vegetables, or having to touch the coarse grained wood in ice lolly sticks, the rolling pin, or hear some bastardly piece of shit cleaning the plastic chopping board in the kitchen, in which case, Ima make like a three year old boy being introduced to jimmy saville's ghost, and fucking split.

(sorry, I know, that was a bit dark of me. But I could probably find worse by request :autism:)
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #182 on: October 23, 2018, 08:54:55 AM »

Famous words I learned in New Orleans:

The sun is coming up, but the night is still young!

But...it burnnssss usssss.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #183 on: October 23, 2018, 09:11:57 AM »
*throws holy water in Calandale's face*

*quickly ducks round a corner with fingers in his ears and very glad he had the foresight to be wearing his laboratory goggles and face/head/neck/upper torso blast shield*

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #184 on: October 24, 2018, 12:37:54 PM »
Two weeks and two days until I see Joe Bonamasssa at the Murat Theater down in Indianapolis.

This is still very far away, but I will be happy. Tickets were kind of pricey, but worth it! I bought mine early and they are great seats, but at one hundred sixty three bucks a pop, we can not do this very often. BUT this is Joe Bonamassa!

Oh, I am taking my daughter, who loves rocking blues and stuff.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 12:49:32 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #185 on: October 24, 2018, 12:48:14 PM »

This is a view from the stage. As you can see this is an old school, kind of elegantly outfitted theater.
My seats are roughly in the middle of the front center section.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #186 on: October 25, 2018, 10:21:11 AM »

This is a view from the stage. As you can see this is an old school, kind of elegantly outfitted theater.

So cool.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #187 on: October 25, 2018, 12:40:06 PM »
My three beautiful cats.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #188 on: October 25, 2018, 12:47:27 PM »
Buying new guns.  :tooledup:

OK, Spill it!
Whadja git? (You know about half of mine, already)

I have not bought anything new in about a year, since that SR9 Ruger, which has actually turned out to be a treasure.
I have had enough of the bullshit about crap triggers on Rugers, already.

Haven't bought it yet but I'm looking at getting a semi-auto Mossberg 930 Tactical 12ga.

I already have a Rem 870 pump and a Winchester Super-X Mod #1 semi-auto trap gun but or home defense/Zombie eradication it's hard to beat a semi-auto 12ga.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #189 on: October 25, 2018, 02:32:24 PM »
3 beautiful cats?

What other kind of cats ARE there? :D

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #190 on: October 25, 2018, 05:41:47 PM »

So cool.

Yeah, I am excited about this trip. "It will be a night to remember." 
Usually a trip into Indianapolis is a burden and lots of trouble. I only do so if I HAVE to. This concert, I HAD to attend!

My tickets are already in hand and I even have parking sorted out this time, so I am as ready as I can be.
Well, maybe a stretch of the truth since my daughter is still working out her outfit. Mine is easy, blue jeans, LOUD Hawaiian shirt and leather jacket. Cane for survival of the walks required.

(My cane is also the ONE weapon I can carry into any venue with no questions asked.)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #191 on: October 25, 2018, 05:56:11 PM »
Buying new guns.  :tooledup:

OK, Spill it!
Whadja git? (You know about half of mine, already)

I have not bought anything new in about a year, since that SR9 Ruger, which has actually turned out to be a treasure.
I have had enough of the bullshit about crap triggers on Rugers, already.

Haven't bought it yet but I'm looking at getting a semi-auto Mossberg 930 Tactical 12ga.

I already have a Rem 870 pump and a Winchester Super-X Mod #1 semi-auto trap gun but or home defense/Zombie eradication it's hard to beat a semi-auto 12ga.
Handled several Mossberg 930 and 935 of various configurations, but never used one. All my semi-auto shotguns are Remingyon 1100 in several gauges.

Only Mossbergs I own is are two fairly old 500 pump models in 20 and 12 gauges.

Tactical 930 looks awesome!

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #192 on: October 25, 2018, 10:10:24 PM »
3 beautiful cats?

What other kind of cats ARE there? :D

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #193 on: October 25, 2018, 10:23:01 PM »

“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #194 on: October 26, 2018, 11:04:23 AM »

So cool.

Yeah, I am excited about this trip. "It will be a night to remember." 
Usually a trip into Indianapolis is a burden and lots of trouble. I only do so if I HAVE to. This concert, I HAD to attend!

My tickets are already in hand and I even have parking sorted out this time, so I am as ready as I can be.
Well, maybe a stretch of the truth since my daughter is still working out her outfit. Mine is easy, blue jeans, LOUD Hawaiian shirt and leather jacket. Cane for survival of the walks required.

(My cane is also the ONE weapon I can carry into any venue with no questions asked.)

Do you still need your cane? I've (mostly) gotten rid of mine.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein