Educational

Author Topic: Stuff that makes you ridiculously happy.  (Read 3679 times)

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
Re: Stuff that makes you ridiculously happy.
« Reply #150 on: April 28, 2017, 09:29:07 PM »

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #151 on: May 04, 2017, 10:21:10 AM »

Shit like this.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 07:13:35 AM by Some_Bloke »

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #152 on: May 04, 2017, 11:06:36 AM »
a new orchid.
the other one eventually had five blossoms which also made me ridiculously happy.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #153 on: June 09, 2018, 05:13:21 PM »

Memes that explain stuff really well
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #154 on: June 09, 2018, 07:48:23 PM »

WOW!  this is like a roadmap of odeot's M.O.   ::)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #155 on: June 09, 2018, 11:30:58 PM »
Seeing WolFish's posts in here.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #156 on: June 10, 2018, 03:00:02 AM »
Seeing WolFish's posts in here.
I have been reading a few of his as well. :)
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #157 on: June 10, 2018, 02:17:29 PM »

:GA: :GA: :GA: :GA: :GA: :GA:

Live coverage tonight...6:30 pacific time.

Shut up and take my money.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #158 on: June 10, 2018, 03:16:42 PM »

Ask yourself who's calling the other by names.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #159 on: July 05, 2018, 04:11:36 AM »
With it being my 32nd b/day just the end of june, it reminded me, and made me think of him again, that it was Wolfy who was kind enough to start the happy birthday thread (although this year people posted their happy birthday wishes in Lestat's Lab instead for whatever reason)

So every year, I'll always think of him on the 29th of june. Not to say I won't otherwise at other times too of course, I often do, miss the wee furry lupine fucker.

As for what just made me ridiculously happy right now, it was, on having to get  out  30 quid from the bank from my old man, that I owed him, I found out there was another £139.26 in the bank, meaning lots of the new chemicals  and replacements of other chemical supplies that I am running low on or have run out of. So time to go hit up some suppliers for a few things.

Need at least:

TCCA (trichloroisocyanuric acid), a new one I haven't worked with before but will give me better yields on a synthesis I wish to perform to make me a belated b/day treat.

More isopropanol, I'm running low,  I have some in a bottle that has been carefully dried using quicklime, standing over it in the bottle for a LOOONG time, so near anhydrous by now.

More pure ethanol (drinkable alcohol, or at least, the drinkable alcohol used in retail alcoholic beverages, I can get it tax free from russia, as 95% pure EtOH, with the remaining 5% being only water, which can of course be removed for the anhydrous EtOH I sometimes have specific need for, when it HAS to be ethanol and not another kind of alcohol, like methanol or isopropyl alcohol. This russian stuff, once diluted down to about 75-80% to avoid its physically burning and irritating tissues in the throat and stomach if swallowed, is even better in terms of taste, or lack of it rather, than is even very good vodka, and I can get a liter for just $20, of the 95% stuff, no taxes and non-denatured, just too concentrated to drink neat, but with a little potable liquid in it, then it is more than clean enough to drink, its medical grade stuff)

Need more of that.

Need some of the acid chloride of pthalic acid, or pthalic anhydride, and some pthalimide.

Some propiophenone.

Want some N1-(BOC)piperazine.

Pyridine, being another, some 4-dimethylaminopyridine (one to be careful with, as it can be lethal via skin contact, but an EXCELLENT catalyst for acylation reactions of phenols and alcohols, can get things done in near quantitative yield, at room temperature within ten minutes just stirring magnetically with the thing to be acylated, and the acylating agent. Needs careful removal of course, but only a tiny catalytic quantity is required, and if it can be recovered for reuse then it is reusable)

Will have to check my stocks of hydroxylamine hydrochloride. Could use some lithium aluminium hydride, some RED-AL (another hydride reducing agent), as well as some sodium cyanoborohydride, another one, although unlike LAH, but like RED-AL, isn't pyrophoric, although it does have to be worked up with care in reactions because it can release cyanide gas on contact with acids, and as even non-chemists know, hydrogen cyanide gas is a bad thing because its so poisonous, as well as being inconveniently for extremely poisonous things, a gas and ergo, volatile, as well as so much as a single drop of concentrated hydrocyanic acid (prussic acid, its solution in water, even the vapors of that, in the eye or on contact with mucous membrane, its enough to kill somebody long before an ambulance could ever hope to arrive, with the victim dropping to the floor and dying moments after)

Will take some carbon disulfide if I can get it at a reasonable price. Need more ether and perhaps another kg of iodine, I'm running a little low on iodine. Although I really need some thionyl chloride too, after the last I had was stolen from me by some filthy low down piece of shit.

And DEFINITELY a few liters of 85-95% (ortho)phosphoric acid (H3PO4) for making hydrobromic acid, for preparation of triphenylphosphonium bromide, as a source of anhydrous hydrogen bromide gas when heated to decomposition in xylene, toluene ought to work too. Have no xylene but tolly I have.

Probably some stuff I've forgot too.

And I'd like some more round-bottom flasks, another thermometer adapter or two, plus a couple wide-range thermometers of the mercury-filled type (which can go very low as well as high, and are highly accurate too) I only have one non-electronic alcohol thermometer too, which I need for reactions that I  conduct in the microwave, since obviously electronic thermocouple probes are unsuitable for use in a microwave, as are thermometers filled with metal like mercury or gallium-indium or galinstan (gallium-indium-tin) alloy.

Will be looking for a cheap replacement electric vacuum pump too, if I can get one secondhand on ebay, although I'll have to limit my purchases of chemicals then as the pump could cost a bit, but I really need one and a vacuum gauge for it too.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #160 on: July 22, 2018, 09:07:59 PM »

I almost regret introducing Pappy to his new toy.

But think of the entertaining stupid we'd be missing out on.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #161 on: July 23, 2018, 12:37:52 AM »
:laugh:

Actually, I can't be bothered to read many of his posts.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #162 on: July 24, 2018, 02:59:47 PM »
 :dog: :doggie: :puppy:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #163 on: July 24, 2018, 09:34:57 PM »

"Abbey Road"  shaking the floor.
 :headbang2:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #164 on: July 25, 2018, 03:01:15 AM »

"Abbey Road"  shaking the floor.

- Albert Einstein