Author Topic: Introducing...someone new  (Read 2388 times)

Graelwyn

Re: Introducing...someone new
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2007, 10:53:07 PM »
-Sniggers- I will look for an avatar right now... if only to shut you up  :P kidding lol besides, I might end up with a pic of the wicked witch of the west...or is it East...and I couldn't have that.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2007, 11:10:08 PM »
Nice!

BTW, I'm not the guy who says 'never' change it.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Graelwyn

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2007, 11:14:47 PM »
My avatar tends to change according to my mood and what colours appeal to me at the time. I have amassed loads of the things, mainly fantasy and science fiction related... no way it will be staying the same  :green:

Scrapheap

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2007, 11:23:05 PM »
My avatar tends to change according to my mood and what colours appeal to me at the time. I have amassed loads of the things, mainly fantasy and science fiction related... no way it will be staying the same  :green:

I like this one...... prety fuckin Zen!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :vulcan: :vulcan: :bananas:

Graelwyn

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2007, 11:29:37 PM »
Thankies. I am a pretty zen person  :green:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2007, 11:29:52 PM »
Hi McJagger, funny you should ask that question as I had replied in a message about my worries when I read some posts here, lol. I am always honest if nothing else. I can be sensitive as, like many with these differences, I have had a lifetime of bullying and criticism, but once I know it is just messing around etc, I am ok. I am sure I will build up a thicker skin here anyhow  :P

As to men, yup, I am already aware that all men are pigs, but what does that make all women?  :green:  I try to accept people as they are and hope they do the same for me.
you will fit in nicely here, i think.

women?
they are the holders of the gold, of course!
Misunderstood.

Graelwyn

« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2007, 11:36:12 PM »
 :P Hells bells, I am still lurking here at almost 6am. I am uk based by way, for anyone that wants to know, but I am often up late...random bit of boring info there

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2007, 11:39:10 PM »
lurking w/ 28 posts.  i think not.
Misunderstood.

Graelwyn

« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2007, 11:53:24 PM »
Well, hanging around then. I like to explore old posts when I join new sites. Have to say, this is the most liberal site I have come acrosss....refreshing considering the incessant lists of rules on most other forums.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2007, 04:07:59 AM »
Heh. I like "liberal". :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2007, 04:31:29 AM »
Welcome to Intensity²  :)  Glad to see you're already making yourself at home.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2007, 05:31:06 AM »
Callaway.. I think the list of rules is pathetic. I wont be posting anymore of my poems there, having read that they have the rights to distribute them elsewhere. I find such rules a sign that those who made them have to feel in power in some way of those who use the site. It is for that reason that I left a site I once worked on and started my own, with no rules regarding posting as long as a certain amount of respect was shown.

I know Amy and Gareth saw it as a problem when a few people disagreed with them, but those rules are way past overkill.

This one bothered me, like it did you:

"You also grant us a license to redistribute any copyrighted work of your own creation you submit to the site and attached services and disclaim any rights you may have to limit such redistribution."

Some of the others bothered me even more, though.  For example, they can actually edit your submissions when they steal them!  If you protest this, you can count on them banning you from their site.

"Furthermore, your use of this site and attached services causes you to grant us an unlimited license to edit for non-deceptive purposes any content you submit which may be redistributed. Non-deceptive purposes includes any purpose not intended to deceive (including but not limited to minor grammar corrections, factual error removals and similar small changes made)."

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2007, 05:51:27 AM »
That really stinks!  I can see that that will put off a lot of people from submitting any writing,etc they've done- just because you're willing to share it with others doesn't mean that you're willing to allow the site owners to redistribute your work.

BTW- If you're interested we have a submissions forum here, I'd love to see some of your poetry.

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php?board=50.0

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2007, 06:02:57 AM »
I do believe that Amy and Gareth wouldn't stand a chance in court with their interpretations of copyright law.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Graelwyn

« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2007, 09:30:44 AM »
I think it is a disgrace really, to grab the rights to someones work when they have been open and gracious enough to share it. I have been on a lot of forums, but until AFF, I hadn't seen that in the rules anywhere else. Nor the part about pms. I have major issues with pm reading. Will submit some poems and maybe some of my photography at some point, as photography is a major interest for me. I have yet to find someone else among the aspergers communities I can chat to about photography and ask advice of on lenses, lol. I tend to hesitate in sharing my poems as a lot of them are based on my own emotions. I cannot express them very well in person, so poetry and music have been my outlets for that since I was about 9 years old. Anyway... I have settled in  :green: and thankyou for the welcomes.