Educational

Author Topic: Muh objectification  (Read 391 times)

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
Muh objectification
« on: July 01, 2015, 06:09:21 PM »
Because only the school dress code applies to females.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: Muh objectification
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 07:48:28 PM »
Haha brilliant.

I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 08:19:32 PM »
 :lol1:   :plus:
:gopher:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 12:36:48 AM »
:rofl:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 06:26:34 AM »
I think he looks better than she did in it.   :LOL:

Awesome.

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 03:04:37 PM »
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/social/mother-fights-against-allegedly-sexist-sixth-grade-pool-party

"Being a feminist and seeing things through that filter,” Smith told The Huffington Post, “I was just kind of enraged by that. They're saying little girls need to be ashamed of their bodies and cover themselves up."

Despite the fact that Smith does not have a daughter, she still felt the urge to fight against the controversial rule.

“I have a little boy, I’m teaching him to think correctly,” she said, “and this is contrary to what I’m teaching him.”

When she contacted the school to ask about the rule, the Rhoades Elementary School emailed her, saying that in the past students wore “very inappropriate swimsuits and covering up takes care of that issue.”

The school claimed that they also considered the fact that some families might not be able to afford swimsuits.

“We know that for many of our families, buying an extra [one-piece] swimsuit for their children would be a luxury they cannot afford,” a spokesperson for the school district said. “To address the issue of appropriate dress for the swim party, we believed asking the girls to wear T-shirts over their swimsuits was the solution that addressed the issue most sensitively.”

Smith wrote an email to the school’s principal regarding the issue, proposing that the school implement a rule wherein both boys and girls wear t-shirts.

“Setting one standard for half of the student body only promotes the idea that girls bodies are naturally shameful,” she wrote in the email.

According to Smith, neither the principal nor the superintendent were receptive to that idea. Eventually, the school changed their policy and updated it to say that t-shirts were optional.

Smith hopes that the change can help girls realize that they can be proud of their bodies and not be ashamed by them.

"If we can change little things to make it better,” said Smith, “and examine the reasons why we do things, that would be great."

According to Smith’s son, no girls wore t-shirts at the party.

Source: The Huffington Post, Babble

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 03:12:21 PM »
Why didnt she feel the need to fight for her son's right to wear a speedo?

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2015, 12:23:36 AM »
Speedo is just a brand, isn't it?

Amazed the people from the pool did not object to the t-shirts. Think t-shirts are only allowed in pools here when it is needed for swimming-lessons, and prohibited otherwise, for hygiene and safety reasons, I guess.

That crop top guy was brilliant.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 06:29:40 AM by hykeaswell »
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2015, 04:38:29 AM »
I am in two minds with the t-shirt thing. Yes the Mother went over the top. It was cringe-worthy. BUT she had a point. It would be one that I'd say "Hang on....Why?" Just wouldn't go batshit crazy.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2015, 10:49:48 AM »
Speedos means male bikini bottoms
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 03:28:41 PM by Buttplug »

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2015, 05:23:01 PM »

The standard male swim-gear, before all the boys wanted to be trendy and started wearing the loose stuff that tears up easily and shows male bits when you least expect them?

Ever since those loose things got fashionable, there are male bits afloat in the pools. Most of those shorts that come in in the thrift-shop are torn or about to tear open. Speedos are way safer, if you want a swimming party to be safe and decent.

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2015, 05:28:29 PM »

The standard male swim-gear, before all the boys wanted to be trendy and started wearing the loose stuff that tears up easily and shows male bits when you least expect them?

Ever since those loose things got fashionable, there are male bits afloat in the pools. Most of those shorts that come in in the thrift-shop are torn or about to tear open. Speedos are way safer, if you want a swimming party to be safe and decent.

Speedos is a brand you can trust. No dangly dicks and balls.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2015, 05:36:58 PM »

Speedos is a brand you can trust. No dangly dicks and balls.

Other brands with tight swimwear are trustworthy too. Nothing dangly, no flimsy fabric and no danger of tearing it up unnoticed. Lot safer for the otherwise dangling bits too, I reckon.