Start here > What's your crime? Basic Discussion

Questions for Icequeen

<< < (3/100) > >>

renaeden:
Would left-handers have a problem using these pens? Smearing, smudging, etc.

odeon:
The ink dries quickly but I have to admit I don't really know.

Gopher Gary:

--- Quote from: Icequeen on April 05, 2015, 08:46:46 PM ---
--- Quote from: Gopher Gary on April 05, 2015, 03:34:32 PM ---
--- Quote from: Gopher Gary on April 03, 2015, 08:43:33 AM ---I had an idea around last Christmas, to throw small pieces of candy around the room landing it in people's cubes. Do you think I could get away with doing something like that without people ever knowing it's me?  :orly:

--- End quote ---

Seriously, do you think people would like something like that, or would it be something really annoying? I just let another awesome candy holiday pass by without doing it because I don't know if it would go over badly, and if it does go over badly and anyone does happen to find out it's me then Jack will be mad at me for pelting people with candy. :GA:

--- End quote ---

Mmmmm candy. :drool:
I would like something like that.

Unless of course we're talking about black liquorice. Yuck. :P

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I think most people like candy, but if I wanted to give out nice docile anonymous candy I could just leave it by the coffee pot. I just don't know if most people would still like candy if it were unexpected crazy flying projectile candy, especially if it hits them in the head or knocks over something on their desk.  :zoinks:

Icequeen:

--- Quote from: odeon on April 06, 2015, 01:43:12 AM ---OK, big problem with the 0.7. When unscrewing the cap the top half of the nib remains firmly attached to the cap, leaving the fine needle protruding from the base and cartridge. I think the ink has dried in all the wrong places and formed a glue of some kind. :GA:

Should I try to simply place all of it in the ultrasonic thingy?

--- End quote ---

Not sure if this will help or not.

--- Quote ---1. Flush with water (fill and empty with plain water several times) first*.
2. Leave pen filled with water. Get a jar or glass with something soft in the bottom like kitchen paper or sponge. Gently, place pen nib down on soft material and fill so there is enough water to reach up to just below the threads. Leave overnight.
3. Flush a few more times.
4. Rig up something so you can suspend only the nib in the ultrasonic cleaner. Chopsticks and elastic bands are your friends. Use only clean water in the ultrasonic, no additives are necessary. With the pen still filled with water, give it a blast for about 10 minutes.
5. Flush a few more times. More ink will come out now.
6. If you have ammonia solution**, now is a good time to flush with this a few times. Finish by flushing with water. If it doesn't come out clean, repeat step 4.

Your pen should now be ready to fill with ink and write. Don't forget to let a few drops out after filling as the act of re-tightening the piston sucks up the excess ink into the reservoir.

* if the piston is stiff, you'll need your pen servicing. For this you will need a special tool to remove the nib so it's not a job you can do yourself. You may as well stop now because the repairer will clean everything as part of the service.
--- End quote ---

Some suggest leaving it in the ultrasonic for up to 3 days if need be.

Jack:

--- Quote from: hykeaswell on April 05, 2015, 04:49:25 PM ---You need to come to the Netherlands. St. Nic comes with trowing of small candy and ginger-nut like stuff.

--- End quote ---
It's a place of business, not freaking romper room. :M

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version