Author Topic: Pope Francis: not having children is selfish  (Read 2980 times)

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
Re: Pope Francis: not having children is selfish
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2016, 02:48:05 PM »
Maybe he is here already? :o

That's fine, as long as he stays away from my feet.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2016, 05:48:33 PM »

How could he resist?  We already have a smiley for him.  :pope:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2016, 11:40:35 AM »

He's got a foot fetish? :o
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2016, 01:07:37 PM »

He's got a foot fetish? :o

Maundy...It's one of those Catholic things (some of the other faiths do it also though).

They are always bathing and kissing the feet of the poor or downtrodden.

In Roman Catholic Church, the ritual washing of feet is now associated with the Mass of the Lord's Supper, which celebrates in a special way the Last Supper of Jesus, before which he washed the feet of his twelve apostles.

Evidence for the practice on this day goes back at least to the latter half of the twelfth century, when "the pope washed the feet of twelve sub-deacons after his Mass and of thirteen poor men after his dinner.

There is a church near us where the women always wear long skirts, high necklines, and never cut their hair (so that they can dry their husbands feet with it).  :zombiefuck:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2016, 01:40:05 PM »
Ficking hell... He does have a foot fetish.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2016, 07:29:54 PM »
There is a church near us where the women always wear long skirts, high necklines, and never cut their hair (so that they can dry their husbands feet with it).  :zombiefuck:
Have never heard of that as a religious practice. Tried to look it up but couldn't find it. Do you know any more about them?

And, behold, a woman in the city, which was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at meat in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster box of ointment, and stood at his feet behind him weeping, and began to wash his feet with tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment. ~Luke 7:37-38

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2016, 05:57:35 AM »
Have never heard of that as a religious practice. Tried to look it up but couldn't find it. Do you know any more about them?

And, behold, a woman in the city, which was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at meat in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster box of ointment, and stood at his feet behind him weeping, and began to wash his feet with tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment. ~Luke 7:37-38

I think it's actually for the passage you posted, the one I had contact with though had that gleam in her eye and had obviously been drinking a lot of frack water.

Full Gospel Church of California, Pa....Pentecostal. 

Most wear long skirts, high necklines, no jewelry, don't cut their hair, don't own a TV, and don't talk back.

Neighbors mother was a member.
There is a similar one up the road from that one, another 3 miles away, then we have the JW a few miles from that.
Training camps for good, obedient wives...as I like to call them.

The Catholics and the others have their own street basically. Some seriously old and beautiful churches here for a run-down coal mining town.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2016, 12:11:01 PM »

I think it's actually for the passage you posted, the one I had contact with though had that gleam in her eye and had obviously been drinking a lot of frack water.

Most wear long skirts, high necklines, no jewelry, don't cut their hair, don't own a TV, and don't talk back.

There is a similar one up the road from that one, another 3 miles away, then we have the JW a few miles from that.

The Catholics and the others have their own street basically. Some seriously old and beautiful churches here for a run-down coal mining town.

Do those long haired women cover their heads with hats when they go to church, or even during the day?

In that case it probably has to do with 1 Corinthians 11:5  But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head—it is the same as having her head shaved. 6 For if a woman does not cover her head, she might as well have her hair cut off; but if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, then she should cover her head.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2016, 04:05:11 PM »

Thanks. Will check it out. Still seems an odd practice, as the bible doesn't really propose it as something which should be done, and not sure the connection with that passage about Jesus and how it would relate to husbands. Now wondering if they also wash their husband's feet with their own tears. :laugh:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2016, 04:35:52 PM »

He is Buttcoffee :zoinks:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2016, 07:24:24 PM »

Do those long haired women cover their heads with hats when they go to church, or even during the day?

In that case it probably has to do with 1 Corinthians 11:5  But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head—it is the same as having her head shaved. 6 For if a woman does not cover her head, she might as well have her hair cut off; but if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, then she should cover her head.

Most of them don't...although there are some of those running around here too.

SO's counselor is one...he kept coming home and telling me he had this new counselor that wore a doily pinned on the top of her head and he couldn't understand why. I told him "why don't you ask her?"  ;)

...and of course he asked :LOL:...and it was something like that.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2016, 08:56:50 PM »
:gopher:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2016, 01:18:11 AM »
Most of them don't...although there are some of those running around here too.

SO's counselor is one...he kept coming home and telling me he had this new counselor that wore a doily pinned on the top of her head and he couldn't understand why. I told him "why don't you ask her?"  ;)

...and of course he asked :LOL:...and it was something like that.

Went with my former neighbour to her church, when her babies were introduced there (Brunstad Christian Church). Most women did not wear hats but all had a hat or a bit of cloth with them to put on the top of their head during prayer. Quite a few used baby towels to cover their heads with. Was funny to see.

A lot of hat churches not far from where I live too. I live just above the bible belt. Sunday mornings standing on the bridge over the IJssel 10 km away from me is an experience.  :laugh: hatted families cycling in both directions. Young girls wearing their hats in their hands, the older women have hats rooted on their head.
10 km in the other direction there is big activity from baptists and JW.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2016, 05:30:07 AM »
  Good thing I'm not in any of those churches.  My head is too big and bumpy for a hat.  :trollskull:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #89 on: April 06, 2016, 05:43:05 AM »
People need to have more children to feed to the war machine.   The Military Industrial Complex still needs people to use their tools of death and destruction, so they can keep on selling them to the world's governments.    Gotta keep profits up!!!!    CASH RULES EVERYTHING AROUND ME HOMIE LOL
Haven't you been gone for like 5 years?
I visited and read a few messages here and there, but yeah, I guess it has been 5 years.   
:P   Internets are super serious.