Educational

Author Topic: I used to let the Jehovah's Witnesses in...  (Read 334 times)

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
Re: I used to let the Jehovah's Witnesses in...
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2015, 09:38:00 AM »
Seventh Day Adventists, Jehova's Witnesses, members of the Brunstad Christian Church and many others do believe they can gain credits for later in this life.

Matter of doctrine. With Lutheran's and European Calvinists (don't know enough about the American Calvinists) this is an impossibility. You can't live your life aimed on what will be after your life. You  have to live your life for what it is here and now, and be thankful for the graces given you.

Does not take away that there are truly kind people among Adventists, Jehova's Witnesses and Brunstad Christians. They are people, just like the rest. But when I heard a Brunstad Christian mother tell her little kids to play with kids they did not like, because that way they would be saving up for their own little home in heaven, I found it sickening. She was a kind woman, but this somehow brought everything back to gain, and nothing to normal interaction.
Never saw it that clear and spelled out with either Adventists or Jehova's Witnesses.

I would be interested in a conversation between Hyke and a JW. :laugh: I wonder which would know JW theology better. :pope: :hyke:

The JW I get on my doorstep is a gentle 96 year old man. I tell him I am interested in what his faith means to him, not in the doctrines. And he tells me about that. Kind of personal history.

My ex did have a in depth theological debate with a JW years and years ago. Went on to a debate via snail mail. Was funny. The JW letters were clearly written by a team in the end. For my ex it was a thorough doctrinal goodbye to his roots, SDA and JW are very similar in origin.
End result was that we were on a blacklist for JW people for about a decade. Too dangerous a household to approach.

:laugh:

:plus: for joining an exclusive club. :hyke:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.