Educational

Author Topic: Nicolas Jaar  (Read 390 times)

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Nicolas Jaar
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2015, 10:51:53 PM »
hey! this is starting to remind me of my teenage years. Sitting round with some mates, way  into the small hours, listening to music, and chatting  a bit.

Hmm it wasn't all bad

Nice to re-run it without the hormones and shit :)

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2015, 11:17:55 PM »
 :)

heres another, kind of interesting little tune:

hey! this is starting to remind me of my teenage years. Sitting round with some mates, way  into the small hours, listening to music, and chatting  a bit.

Hmm it wasn't all bad

Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2015, 11:28:39 PM »
I like this playlist. thanks again for sharing their music DW,

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2015, 11:33:50 PM »

Hmm it wasn't all bad

It is indeed.   :thumbup: Gonna have to listen to that again in the morning....umm, later anyways (5.31 am)

Offline Graelwyn

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2015, 11:37:19 PM »

Hmm it wasn't all bad

It is indeed.   :thumbup: Gonna have to listen to that again in the morning....umm, later anyways (5.31 am)

Glad I am not the only nutter who stays up most of the night, lol.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2015, 11:40:21 PM »
Good night y'all. Happy to have shared this little thread with everyone :)

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2015, 12:00:17 AM »
'Night SG. Same. :)
My friends call me Walkie, btw.  ;)

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2015, 01:13:21 AM »

Glad I am not the only nutter who stays up most of the night, lol.
Most aspies are that sort of nutter , i think. a good proprtion anyway.

Sadly, I suffer from hypersomnia most of the time, in recent years,  so i'll probably follow this up by sleeping all day. On a bad day,I'll sleep all night as well as all day.

Heck, I need my insomnia back! Can't get things done anymore. But , don't be fooled, this isn't it. It's just day-night inversion.

-Walkie

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2015, 12:57:21 PM »
My days and nights are also inverted. Even if I exhaust myself and sleep all night, i still want to sleep all day...and even if I am sleepy all day, I usually become awake by night. I am officially nocturnal.

:flyingbat:

Offline Graelwyn

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2015, 03:27:59 PM »
Hmm, following on from my posting the Take Me To Church by Hozier video, this turned up on facebook. Never really been into ballet that much, but it is an interesting idea.

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2015, 05:55:58 PM »
Hmm, following on from my posting the Take Me To Church by Hozier video, this turned up on facebook. Never really been into ballet that much, but it is an interesting idea.

Maybe it's my aspie incomprehension of body language, but the average ballet is somehow no more meanginful and moving to me than the average gymnastic display
So with this one.
I start off thinking :aww the guy's dejected and depressed , so far so good. But hang on, he must have perked up a bit now cos he's giving us a gymnastic display. Oops no, can't hack it, depressed again,..but only for a second or two, cos its on with the show now. Oh, did I see some sort of imploring gesture just now? Ahh, I dunno, he's just pretending to be a helicopter now. Ah, he just rememberered he's upset. Yeah, i got it, you can go back to your prancing now. No, don't wait for my permission, I wouldn't....and so on until i got bored to tears about 3/4 of the way through and froze him.
Now, I'm almost sure that it's actually a whole lot more subtle and expressive than that, if ypu only have the right cognitive faculties. Isn't it?

Offline Graelwyn

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2015, 06:08:28 PM »

Maybe it's my aspie incomprehension of body language, but the average ballet is somehow no more meanginful and moving to me than the average gymnastic display
So with this one.
I start off thinking :aww the guy's dejected and depressed , so far so good. But hang on, he must have perked up a bit now cos he's giving us a gymnastic display. Oops no, can't hack it, depressed again,..but only for a second or two, cos its on with the show now. Oh, did I see some sort of imploring gesture just now? Ahh, I dunno, he's just pretending to be a helicopter now. Ah, he just rememberered he's upset. Yeah, i got it, you can go back to your prancing now. No, don't wait for my permission, I wouldn't....and so on until i got bored to tears about 3/4 of the way through and froze him.
Now, I'm almost sure that it's actually a whole lot more subtle and expressive than that, if ypu only have the right cognitive faculties. Isn't it?

Yes, I have never been to the ballet, or the opera... the only kind of dance forms I find watchable are those in musical theatre and jazz probably. I did not even try to work out what his moves were trying to express, but I am guessing he was trying to replicate the mood of the music and words in the song.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2015, 06:35:20 PM »

So with this one.

Yes, I have never been to the ballet, or the opera... the only kind of dance forms I find watchable are those in musical theatre and jazz probably. I did not even try to work out what his moves were trying to express, but I am guessing he was trying to replicate the mood of the music and words in the song.

I'm more of a music person...just close my eyes and listen....if i feel like dancing i'll imitate michael jackson or someone

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2015, 01:13:31 AM »
Walkie, currently listening to this one on repeat. I never noticed the music videos until now. Pretty sweet.

Thanks! I really enjoyed that, and i think i actually got away with playing it this time of night. Hadn't heard Jaar before. Will keep my eye on him.

I followed that up with playing some more Jaar, and found that ...hmm. i don't like him as much as i like the Books, and wound up switching to this.  If you guys haven't heard this, I think you're gonna like. (or even if you have heard before)

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2015, 01:28:12 AM »
whoa....I can't believe I've never listened to Wolf Parade before...this is sweet!