Educational

Author Topic: Nothing worth mentioning is happening in Orlando Florida.  (Read 2957 times)

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
Re: Nothing worth mentioning is happening in Orlando Florida.
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2016, 06:25:16 PM »
:fp:  The simplistic stupidity astounds me and makes me weep for humanity!   How many more of these massacres do we have to endure or survive???   If my daughter or wife was killed by this. I would make it my life's work to hunt down and KILL wayne lapierre for his complicity.

What weapon would you use to kill Lapierre?  :orly:
:gopher:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2016, 06:33:58 PM »
:fp:  The simplistic stupidity astounds me and makes me weep for humanity!   How many more of these massacres do we have to endure or survive???   If my daughter or wife was killed by this. I would make it my life's work to hunt down and KILL wayne lapierre for his complicity.

What weapon would you use to kill Lapierre?  :orly:

Any idiot would know my weapon of choice.........an AR-15!   The irony would be delicious!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2016, 08:09:14 PM »
I figured you would use a knife like the civilized folk.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2016, 09:34:32 PM »
My American Friends, the 4th of July is coming up soon. Keep yourselves safe and in good company.
Do not rely on the FBI to protect you.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2015/10/23/fbi-comey-isil-domestic-probes/74455460/

FBI Director James Comey says

"Because the pace of the investigations has varied in the last several months, Comey said it was still unclear whether the bureau had the necessary resources to meet the demand. Comey referred to a particularly taxing period in mid-summer when federal authorities expressed public concern about the prospect of an attack around the July Fourth holiday."

How many investigations are there? 900. No that is not international investigations or even total investigations on all things they may investigation. This is specifically investigations that are "U.S.-based extremist inquiries"

https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=james+comey+900+active+investigation

If they are not handling the the threat of Islamic Radicalisation here why bring in more people at risk of bringing with them the same nasty perverted radicalised violent ideologies, if they cannot cope with the risk at hand?

What risk?
Boston Bombings
San Bernadino
Chattanooga
Orlando
and of course the big one, 9/11

Did the FBI stop any of them? Are any of the 900 going to be one of them? Ones that slip through the cracks?

See I am not fear-mongering here, at least not intentionally. I am simply said "It does not make sense to pretend that there is no problem" or "Even that if there is a problem that the FBI is on top of it"

Its not up to me to assess what is the right level of risk or the strength of the vetting process by which the FBI makes their standard in vetting and investigation.

But my thinking that an idea on minimising threat in a country by someone both in the country and potentially in a position to minimise things is hardly bigoted or outlandish. Neither is it terribly difficult to see that there are not a lot of other options. If you think increasing Muslim immigration will have negligible effect on terrorist attacks of a Radicalised Islamic Fundamentalist persuasion, you CAN think that. I think you would be wrong. If you think that business as normal will improve things? I think you are wrong. If you think that vetting processes are able to differentiate Radicalised terrorist from Moderate Muslim, I think you are wrong. That leaves us with approximately one other option. Can think of some other idea, I am happy to at least consider it.

Just keep in mind one thing. If the Orlando gunman, was ONLY a threat because he had a gun, you are naive at best. He had picked his target and planned it all out and was driven by the very forced and ideology as mentioned above. That kind of hate would have meant if he had not access to guns, he would have used a pipe bomb or set a fire at the exits or something equally as barbaric. It was not a gun that made this possible, it was his belief system and the threat he posed with that. A threat that the FBI was alerted to but did not vet well enough. A mistake they are likely to repeat over and over when they do not have all the information and databases and communication records that they had with Mateen.

If we are silly enough to buy the whole 'Its a gun problem", what effect would this have to someone like Mateen when they weaponise their hate through other equally effective means? Nothing? I suppose then it will just be a series of lone "Crazy" people and "Radicalised Islamic Fundamentalism" would never be the issue. A short list of the top of my head was listed above and the papers are always telling us of the FBI thwarting a threat here and there, but this list WILL grow and "toxic masculinity" can be blamed, or "gun violence" or "mentally ill loners being crazy" but unless someone can rightly put a finger without kowtowing to pressure of offense or against calls of Islamaphobia or Racism or whatever else, that list will grow and grow and grow.

I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2016, 02:01:53 PM »
They're staking out Ikea in search of more evidence and looking for hidden contraband in the Swedish meatballs.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2016, 02:34:59 PM »
They're staking out Ikea in search of more evidence and looking for hidden contraband in the Swedish meatballs.

THOSE BASTARDS.......They killed Kenny, too!    :grrr:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2016, 03:15:05 PM »
Kenny who? :-\
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2016, 05:56:27 PM »
Kenny who? :-\

http://southpark.wikia.com/wiki/Kenny_McCormick

Never watched that show. :-[

A decent show when it started and for a few years!   Than, like a lot of shows has long since gone past it's shelf life!   

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2016, 11:57:57 PM »
I never felt it was interesting enough. But then, I miss a lot of shows.

- Albert Einstein