Author Topic: Gunmen take hostages in Sydney cafe  (Read 877 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Gunmen take hostages in Sydney cafe
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2014, 06:53:25 AM »
Aussie Islamic Community issued a statement just now:
https://www.facebook.com/156499484373756/photos/a.620577617965938.1073741828.156499484373756/900989313258099/?type=1&permPage=1

Really sucks that they feel they have to come out in support like that. Nice that they do, but they are Aussies like everyone else in that cafe and everyone in Australia watching. Only a minority would be stupid and racist enough to think they were not as disgusted as the rest of us (and those people would not be convinced by such an act of good faith - because they are racists)

Well put. +
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2014, 01:49:30 PM »
It's over now. Two dead hostages and one dead gunman.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2014, 04:47:04 PM »
It's over now. Two dead hostages and one dead gunman.

How did the gunman get a gun if you can't get guns in the land of Oz??   :orly:    :orly:    :orly:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2014, 12:14:13 AM »
Who says you can't get a gun in Australia?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2014, 12:20:13 AM »

Dieter, apparently. :tard:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2014, 03:58:48 AM »

Dieter, apparently. :tard:

Most of my extended family have guns. No idea what he is saying about no-one can get guns

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2014, 04:55:32 AM »
The black market for guns is always there in the cities. If you're out in the country it's only a matter of living on an acreage to get a license. Or possessing a rifle club membership.

Anyway, I'm fine. I don't live in Sydney so..... Thanks for the worry :)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2014, 05:11:18 AM »
The black market for guns is always there in the cities. If you're out in the country it's only a matter of living on an acreage to get a license. Or possessing a rifle club membership.

Anyway, I'm fine. I don't live in Sydney so..... Thanks for the worry :)

I was too.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2014, 05:43:51 AM »
You mean you were also fine or you were worried? Good that you're fine as well :)

I don't think I've ever been in Martin Place. I know it's the closest station to The Domain but that's about it.

One thing I did learn from this is that Lindt chocolate has branched out into cafes :orly:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2014, 05:51:56 AM »
You mean you were also fine or you were worried? Good that you're fine as well :)

I don't think I've ever been in Martin Place. I know it's the closest station to The Domain but that's about it.

One thing I did learn from this is that Lindt chocolate has branched out into cafes :orly:

I am 3 hours away. I worried about you and Eclair. But yes Lindt Chocolate is the bomb.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2014, 07:13:39 AM »
Newspaper here said that the hostage taker was already suspected of being involved in the murder of his ex-wife, over custody, and a suspect for several cases of rape on top of that.

I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2014, 07:57:07 AM »
How did the gunman get a gun if you can't get guns in the land of Oz??   :orly:    :orly:    :orly:

You can get guns in every county via the black market or Wallmart.

Hannah

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2014, 01:18:50 PM »
just read this news story...the world seems it's in  :GA: yea what the crap is up with the IS good grief almighty the rain today is justified...no freaking wonder... :-\ yea auties do need to run the world we seem to have the most common sense...what the crap is up with people and their mindless violence (this isn't new under the sun however the instant connect is) 

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2014, 12:00:41 AM »

You can get guns in every county via the black market or Wallmart.

Getting them via Wallmart here is rather difficult. :tard:

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2014, 12:02:24 AM »
just read this news story...the world seems it's in  :GA: yea what the crap is up with the IS good grief almighty the rain today is justified...no freaking wonder... :-\ yea auties do need to run the world we seem to have the most common sense...what the crap is up with people and their mindless violence (this isn't new under the sun however the instant connect is)

Auties don't have common sense any more than anyone else. Where did you get that from?

- Albert Einstein