Author Topic: Storms  (Read 404 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Storms
« on: October 09, 2015, 05:24:59 AM »
My daughter hates thunderstorms. I love them.
But it is not because of the thunder so much, though I like that.
Its going to sound weird but I "feel" the atmosphere. The air, drop in temperature and it feels like a sound blanket wrapped around me. I feel drowsy and relaxed.
I feel it just before a thunderstorm.
My daughter sees it in me. Her anxiety goes up mine goes down. I become very serene and dopey. she on the other hand has the adult rationality pushing down a phobic fear of the howling wind, crackling thunder and driving rain that will be a lullaby for me.
I will sleep well and she will tell me about how awful the night was. She knows she can wake me if she gets too scared. She never does.
The temperature and pressure has dropped and in the distance I saw a flash of light. Its time for bed. I'll sleep very well tonight
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Storms
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 06:37:42 AM »
I love storms. Thank goodness, all of us here do.

My youngest, I think she only completely relaxes in her sleep when there is a big thunderstorm going on. When she was little she was scared of them though.

And yes, a storm is something to be felt.

I do not like it when everything builds up, big storm about to happen, and then nothing happens, because it passes at 10 or 20 kilometres. That's a big downer.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 06:38:16 AM »
Good night, and sweet dreams, Al.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 09:20:49 AM »
I love storms and they have a drug like effect on me also but the opposite of yours,  I get very giddy, my energy shoots up dramatically, and I get a  strong desire to be out in it that can be irresistible.  I have been out in multiple hurricanes, blizzards and  severe thunderstorms, my wife always worries I'll make the news and not in a good way :2thumbsup: 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 10:18:06 AM »
I love storms and they have a drug like effect on me also but the opposite of yours,  I get very giddy, my energy shoots up dramatically, and I get a  strong desire to be out in it that can be irresistible.  I have been out in multiple hurricanes, blizzards and  severe thunderstorms, my wife always worries I'll make the news and not in a good way :2thumbsup:

A relative of my ex spent his last moments outside, watching a thunderstorm.
Never stopped my ex loving a thunderstorm.
 :laugh:

I remember an awesome storm (no thunderstorm) about a decade a go. Just the weather to hang in the wind and feel free like a bird.
Kids at school were not allowed to go out of the building without a parent attending them. Of course they could get hit by a roof-tile or branch, being cautious was called for. But they scared the little ones way beyond that. No need for that.

We did go out later in the day, hanging in the wind, shouting and laughing.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 12:35:57 PM »

That, except I don't want to be outside in the lightning, I'd rather watch that from the window. Gives me a sort of high though...the sound of the wind.

Blizzards, snowstorms I truly love. I am the idiot walking around in them when they tell everyone to stay inside. It's like the whole world comes to a standstill though when there is a snowstorm, and all you hear is the falling snow or the howling wind.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2015, 03:20:22 PM »
I love thunderstorms. They are pure magic. Yes, I get this weird kind of high, I get excited and hyper.

Blizzards, not so much, but that's because I hate snow.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2015, 09:34:40 PM »
I like summer rain and storms the most. The drop in temperature is great. It brings relief from the heat and that is what I like. Sometimes I stand out in the rain.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2015, 02:15:25 AM »
When I just got married, we lived three high in a three high flat with a balcony with roof on top, and another flat was our view.

Every thunderstorm we'd sit outside, sunglasses on, drinks in our hands. Watching the lighting and enjoying the thunder. Now and then noticing shocked faces in the building facing us.

:checkout: :checkout:

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2015, 05:49:25 AM »
I get excited at the prospect of a storm and I like paying attention to the weather forecasts and warnings to see if there will be one. 
It's just that I hate sudden loud sounds in general and I can't sleep with the strobe light disco going on outside :P

Feeling relaxed might have something to do with the drop in air pressure as well.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2015, 02:25:31 PM »
I think you are 100% right. My daughter has a real interrupted sleep, whilst her Dad sleeps like the dead. Great parent  :P
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap